Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 48796 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V4.3: A Mod by Hugo*--->]})| Phoebus still
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2012, 12:17:02 pm »

Updated OP and released V4.3

I think now all bugs are removed (atleast the quick play I've done.)

Also anyone feel free to post bugs/suggestions/encouragement here, or PM me them. As now College is starting very soon, and I fear my testing time will be murdered as I will have not much time to mod (so play tests will be cut unless I have lots of time)

Changelog is included with the download and I will have to use one of my Reserved Spots for the Changlog, as the whole thing and OP exseed the word limit.

WE NEED LESS PROGRESS AND MORE !!PROGRESS!! :P
I think this has just been acomplished :P Hurray for !!PROGRESS!! and all the darn !!SCIENCE!! I had to perform

EDIT:
Tests with V4.4 bone structure overhaul system is a go, if any limb's bone is broken the limb is now useless (until set/splinted and healed)
What does this mean? DF just got harder, but at least when you break someones arm they can't still whack you with it :P
I left Nerves in (for now for the sake of giving crutches a chance to shine) but now blunt force can do the same as cutting (altho once nerve is severed that limb is useless for life) broken bones heal (blunt) severed nerves do not (edge).

Now to Include broken joints too.

Now all I need to do is overhaul animials so bones heal without setting/splinting.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:19:33 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2012, 02:25:20 pm »

EDIT:
Just some news, I did some testing with the Bolter and it can ram a little copper shell through steel armor:

Deadliness Goal : Success

Now just to make it harder to make, same with ammo.

EDIT2:
BAH! Bug already, Exp. Leader shows up in the Military screen again because MILITIA leaders are apointed by him and are AS_NEEDED.
To fix this bug goto the MOUNTIAN and PLAINS entities and fine the MILITIA noble and change APPOINTED_BY to COMMANDER that will fix the issue.

EDIT3:
Through some embarking numbers, I got a Golem. Put it in a squad by itself. Squad is call "the Machines of Paint" this amuses me.

Any who I want to know:
QUESTION:

Does anyone think that "Broken" bones in limbs and joints cripple the entire section?

Like a broken bone in the Upper Leg will cause the injured party to loss the ability to use it (ie crippled until healed)
Which will make combat more immersive and challenging, forcing your people and the invaders to be more cautious on armor and training.

Now I want to know before I dive right in, because almost every creature now has this ADVANCED bone structure. And if I have to revert I do not want to have to redo any other changes I may have made.

SO:

Advanced Crippling system
or
Standard Vanilla "I broke my Upper Leg, but walking is fine cause my foot ain't broke"
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:51:16 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 04, 2012, 09:28:52 pm »

It is looking like the Sword and Dagger combos will stay as twohanded weapons and have an attack boost.

Also wiki'd the stone layers (now just to find all of stones in each layer and take note, I might just remove a bunch of stone types in the future.)

I've decided to go ahead with the ADVANCED crippling system. It will make the DF experience I bit more challenging and helpful, as now everyone can suffer (Protect your limbs).
Right now I'm making Joints out of [FUNCTIONAL] bone and adding [NERVOUS] to the joint BP's (wrestling improved) I'm still going to leave in the [HAS_NERVES] tag in for everything, I might remove it from DOGs and make them a bit more beefier. (effective war hounds) Also will be adding in "Armored Warbeasts" sooner or later, from roid raging Dogs to rabid steel plated giant badgers.

Onward to Animal/Pet Bone reconstruction

EDIT:
Also water in barrels don't work, And the Screw Press Well might be only useful for:
A: Filling buckets with water so you can use plaster to make casts
B: Empty out Buckets that seem to not be tasked to be stockpiled (or used?)

EDIT2:
Anyone have suggestions for workshops?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:37:02 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2012, 09:35:11 pm »

With armored pets, do you mean pets that have a natural steel skin, or a artificial skin-layer out of steel, that is called armor, or actual steel-armor item wearing pets ?

And good luck with the advanged damage system :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 05, 2012, 03:07:04 am »

With armored pets, do you mean pets that have a natural steel skin, or a artificial skin-layer out of steel, that is called armor, or actual steel-armor item wearing pets ?

And good luck with the advanged damage system :)
A layer of steel/iron/bronze over the skin :P

And thanks it is very succesful. Damage system is a go, I just need to edit all animals (not intelligent creatures) to have bone tissues that heal without needing to be set/splinted (as right now medical care for pets is not possible)

So for the ADVANCED Damage system breaking a bone in a hand, lower arm, upper arm, foot, lower leg, or upper leg will cripple the child body parts aswell (broken hand will of course lose grasp (this was vanilla too I think) but a broken lower arm will have the same effect making the hand useless)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 06, 2012, 05:46:25 pm »

So Far I just removed [GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_WOUNDS] from dogs and gave them the "Animal Bone System" cats have the structure too.
Atm going through every animal and giving them this bone structure will be a hassle, So I'll just put it on "combat pets" and animals. Also Running a Test fortress on a island so I don't get surface invaders, I want to see if underground civs can get to you no matter where you are.

But I got one Golem with me on my embark so I can try and finsh a full field test with it.
Had one of my soldiers get a broken knee, It needs to be set as now he cannot stand now (great success)

EDIT:
The soldier thinks it's no big deal and refuses to go for medical treatment and nobody wants to pick him up.

REEDIT:
Dwarves finally relised there was a hospital.

EDIT2:
I still get two Outpost Liaisons, but only one is an acual Liaison the other just says "Peasent" but acts like a liason. So I used Runesmith to kill him.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 08:49:23 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2012, 12:44:56 am »

EDIT:
Meow
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 06:48:22 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2012, 06:34:26 pm »

Hey dont give up on the mod i for one still like it. And earlier i saw you asked for suggestions. Well is it possible to make the booze trade more lucrative for players? I have always wanted to be able to setup a brewery fort and survive off of trading booze for everything, saddly a single axe of iron can out strip like 30 barrels of booze that i try to sell..

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2012, 08:04:09 pm »

Hey dont give up on the mod i for one still like it. And earlier i saw you asked for suggestions. Well is it possible to make the booze trade more lucrative for players? I have always wanted to be able to setup a brewery fort and survive off of trading booze for everything, saddly a single axe of iron can out strip like 30 barrels of booze that i try to sell..
I will try and keep this updated then, I gave up on making the special bones for animals (way too much work)

And for the booze I take it you want it more expensive? I can do that.

Now I will give two options

-I can just make booze more expensive, making embarking with booze hard (could also add in a cheap crap booze to counter-act this)

-I can make use of Sryup, Suger, and other milled item types, to make normal booze into Super Booze.

With the second choice I will have make a custom brewery (probally just call it just that)

I am also working with Meph on his Masterwork Fortress, But I think quickly adding in this new feature won't be too much of a hassle.
If more people make suggestions like this and let me know That it is worth it, I might be more inclied to work more furiously on this.

EDIT:
what still yanks my chain is that I still seem to get a Outpost Liaison and then a Peasent that both arive with the caravan and they both do the same thing...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 08:09:27 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2012, 08:33:37 pm »

hey ya i would like it if you could do the second option with a little of the first as well. Just cause then in the "Booze industry" you would have two tiers of booze, the fast cheaper version which is quick to setup, abut then also the more expensive and indepth version. Also thanks for the time you put in and the quick reply

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2012, 08:44:49 pm »

I can probally make three tiers:
First would be the simple brew at the still (raised value of course)
Second would be adding Suger/Syrup (twice the value)
Third would be adding Royal Jelly or something to that effect (triple value)

But suggestions on how this works would be nice, since I've never brewed anything and have no idea on what makes it taste better/more expensive.

EDIT:
Thank you for showing interest

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2012, 09:08:27 pm »

Well the simple basic still would be as if you just took the juice of the fruit/plant and added water and yeast-thus making your basic wines. Next tier since you said syrup and sugar, could be adding sugars, and "Finings" which would make the alchol level increase as the yeast has more food, as well the finings would be like moss or tallow, just something that would collect together all the floating bits and have it settle out of the drink. The third tier could be flavouring substances, like fruit (oranges, berries), herbs (Mint, cinnamon, cloves). I dont know how you might do that in Df but i know those are roughly the three levels i use for brewing mind you each succsesive level would include the stuff from the level below. and before it is stated in know water cant actually be asked for in a reaction.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2012, 09:28:07 pm »

Well the simple basic still would be as if you just took the juice of the fruit/plant and added water and yeast-thus making your basic wines. Next tier since you said syrup and sugar, could be adding sugars, and "Finings" which would make the alchol level increase as the yeast has more food, as well the finings would be like moss or tallow, just something that would collect together all the floating bits and have it settle out of the drink. The third tier could be flavouring substances, like fruit (oranges, berries), herbs (Mint, cinnamon, cloves). I dont know how you might do that in Df but i know those are roughly the three levels i use for brewing mind you each succsesive level would include the stuff from the level below. and before it is stated in know water cant actually be asked for in a reaction.
I can make DF accept water, my Ink making requires it but you need to use the screw pump well to get the water (or if somebody left a bucket full)
You mentioned tallow? That might be just the use I need for tallow (candles on the only thing due to no longer cookable)

So now that this process is getting fleshed out

Plant -> Still = Basic Booze (uses imaginary water and yeast)
Basic Booze + Suger/Syrup/Royal Jelly? + Tallow -> Brewery = Good Booze
Good Booze + Berries/Herbs/Spices? -> Brewery = Exellent Booze

Anything need fixed? Corrected?

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2012, 09:41:19 pm »

all good except at every level in reaaly brewing you dont use the drink from the level before just the ingredients to make a whole new drink. but if you were just stating the way you have it as a simplified list then ya looks great and thanks for making it.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2012, 10:26:14 pm »

all good except at every level in reaaly brewing you dont use the drink from the level before just the ingredients to make a whole new drink. but if you were just stating the way you have it as a simplified list then ya looks great and thanks for making it.

As so would you prefer the "Brewery" to take a plant, bucket of water, (where and what contains yeast? How to obtain?) and sweetener to make good booze
then that same thing + barries/herb/spice to make exellent booze.

Or simple tech tree where you keep upgrading booze? (note I think idea where all must be brewed as one is better)

Thus leaving the simple still to make cheap crap booze.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19