Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 48792 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Rl has it's bumps. It's great that you get to work on it now though. Everything works fine from the amount I've played so far.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Progress Report:
Reactions completed but not tested:
-Raw Skin to Parchment
-Make Lime Powder (parchment making)
-Make Wood Pulp
-Make Paper from Pulp
-Make Acid (oil of vitriol)
-Make Iron Salts (needs acid and is used for Ink Making)

And thats all so far, these are not tested. I will begin testing once these reactions are done:
-Extract Tannin from Tannin Plant
-Make Ink
-Make Quill
-Write medical text (all five major medical skills)

Planned for Writting/Prose:
Blueprints (used for reasource buildings (not the quarry tho) and other large buildings for their assemblys)
Words of Power (Temple of Regeneration)
more but can't think of them now.

Also after all this I will be moving onto V4.x which will most likely include playable Humans/Elves/Mountain Gnomes with their own custom buildings and reactions (will allow blueprints to be boughten for generic reasource buildings, say humans have to buy the prints from the dwarves to make a mineshaft and buy the tools from them too.)

I also will be working on the Donkinshnorf during V4.x I fear I might get to V4.10+ with all the bugs and changes I will do (plus I'm sure you guys wold like to play with slowly added features ;))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

PROGRESS.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

WE NEED LESS PROGRESS AND MORE !!PROGRESS!! :P
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Progress will be temporally slowed (not stoped) then when things look good it will become !!PROGRESS!!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I've set reactions aside for now as they are giving me too much greif, so Instead I'm working on the Dwarves final caste unit "The Golem" which will be a rare seige unit of living stone (complete with stone that heals) and runs off booze (needs to drink) will be genderless, learns slowly (very very slowly), and has uncontrollable rage (great for idle guarding of meeting areas). When I finish this baby off Dwarves will be a complete set as they would have

Standard
Hunter/Archer
Warrior
Preist/Magic User
Seige - "The Golem"

With "The Golem" I will will be looking at the "Panda" and see if I can force it to drink one type of liquid "Oil" and then find a way to make it so the little fleshy dwarves don't drink it's life blood at their various, unavoidalbe parties.

Then I will begin the Caste-ing with humans, was thinking of making humans more simplist/sexist as primitive humans believed in "Woman" jobs and "Man" jobs. But there was Joan of Ark (or was it arc?) and she kicked ass. So I'll probally make "farming/crafting/etc.." women more common and rare warrior badass women. Now probally humans are religous but I don't think that will give them super powers like the dwarves, Preists for the humans can be anyone that the player can set. But most males will be combat ready, with a few craftmen, and rare wizards. Their siege unit I'm still thinking about. Probally some horrible mutant creature birthed from the wizards magic and alchemy. Also I think I'll bundle the archer/hunter and warrior classes into the same person, unlike dwarves humans wont start with pre-learned skills. They will just learn their class skills faster with a slower learn rate of other skills.

Once the Humans are classed out then I'll have to jump back into reactions and buildings again.... argh...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Would it be possible to make "Golems"?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I wish that a "Golem" could be constructed. But you might get lucky and a dwarven Female will give birth to one (as painful as that sounds) I'm waiting for when toady makes a version of DF that allows the making of full sized creatures (not vermin) through reactions. Once that happens then I will be able to have some fun. Elves growing their own trents, Humans building automations, Gnomes with their War Machines, Dwarves with Golems. Skeletons assembling their Bone Golems. So much. No unfortunaly... Not yet, I have to make do with a caste and pretend that women aren't pushing these impossibly huge war devices out, and are being built by madmen and wizards and bakers (in the case of some easter-egg creature).

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

THE GINGERBREAD GOLEM.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Just say that the woman doesn't give birth to it, she 'crafts' it from nearby stone. And just happens to be in false labor while she does.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

THE GINGERBREAD GOLEM.
Gingi :P

Just say that the woman doesn't give birth to it, she 'crafts' it from nearby stone. And just happens to be in false labor while she does.

I like it!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Change of plans for the humans castes, but first a great announcement

Dwarven Obsidian Golems are now the dwarve's badass seige unit (it can be killed but you gotta smash the core through its rocky shell) there's a small wording issue as i'm too lazy atm to make a [FUNCTIONAL] tissue for the core so I used brain tissue. Also the Golem has 6 attacks, 3 punches and 3 kicks where there is a level 1, lvl 2, and lvl 3 but the Golem is deadly no matter what (unless it has its head, arms and legs removed but it can even kill by rolling (pushing) its body at foes until the core is hit then "dead") It is the size of an elephant, can't learn but is naturally lvl 7 for the melee combat skills gotta add [AMBFIBIOUS] and [SWIMS_INNATE] so that it can hunt down pesky water critters. It needs to drink, I like to imagin Booze is it's fuel. but it can use water and run off steam but will run sluggishly if it does not get booze. So having one of these baddies milling about with the civ population is a good defence or you can draft it to a squad and station it somewhere, since it has no emotion no need to worry about it not liking the job.

So far gotta make Golems Anti-social so nobody tries to befriend it an get teary eyed over its destruction (still got to bury least it's ghost comes back), But then again can people make friends with something lacking the [CAN_SPEAK] tag?

anywho the slight change for humans is, I'm removing craftsmen and making Women the do it all ladies. I like to think women give birth and breed with men for pleasure and defence as only men are melee/archery ready (except for the rare warrior woman). So Humans are sexist, but have more of a hive like attitude (lacking the fact only the queen can reproduce) so men (drones) fight and die, and women create and sutain the "hive" the Humans "Wizards" also double as preists. Wizards are the the masters of church and science and will be able to produce almost everything dwarven scientists can (almost).

Humans won't be able to extract cotten candy strands instead, dwarves will have a ITEM_TOOL "Art of Strand Extraction" which will be exstreamly valueable, well it's in the planning might have to make it so a certain dwarven item must be dismatled and examined to find the art, because I know players will abuse the craftshop for the insane trade value of the "Art".

Dwarves will get the knowleage of "Gunpowder" which will be used to make ammo for a new weapon (No I'm not putting muskeets in, but this thing is still nasty) gnomes will use these weapons as their size demands they need an advantage over the other races.

And a Misc update, I'm also trying to make every tree (under and over) growable. Time consuming argh..

Then I still have to get the reactions for paper/ink/acid making done (acually they are done, I just need to test and get them working right)

After all this I will be able to post a playable verison of new features before the big "Play as Humans" update, as I have to flush out a lore, buildings, reactions. and equipment.

Also, I'm currently not worring about updating the ASCII version just Phoebus. Because all that is different between ASCII and Phoebus is tiles, once I get to the part of releasing "Play as Humans" I will update ASCII for the old school fans
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 10:56:52 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

Made some more modifcations, but Humans are now Caste-ed out with the following

Female Farmer - Do it all farming ladies
Female Craftwoman - All carving and clothing making
Female Warrior - Just as badass as a Male Warrior
all females have a extra 10 years to min and max age

Male Craftman - Is more of a blacksmith, works with all mechainal needs and metal. Basically anything dwarfy and hot
Male Warrior - Good at all standard Combat and Archery (no weapons) and hand-to-hand (not wreastling) with leader, teacher, and student skills
Male Wizard - Good at Alchemy and the skills dwarven priests have as well as natural doctors

Demigod(seige) - A sexless human blessed by the gods to be naturally good at fighting, and is born with a full set of armor and a two-hander sword (zwei-hander).

Humans can start work at the age of 6 (dwarves are at 5) but are not fully mature till age 12 (same with dwarves)
excluding Obsidian Golems and Demigods they are born fully mature and take one year to begin work

All reactions for making Acid, Paper/Parchment, Ink, and the tools and writing have all been made and don't pop up in the errorlog (now Just need a test run)
Humans will get most of the dwarven buildings (Quarry, Mineshaft, Desk (no longer Doctor's Desk), etc) ones that won't be used by humans is the ToR and the Mason's Workshop 2 (humans will instead have Clother's Shop 2 and will make cloth beds (bedrolls) but other then that I'm lost on what else it could do much like the Mason's Shop 2) and a church/chapel/cathedral/alter thing, I'm thinking of making it more of a "zone" like building unlike the temple so that Players may build their own church/chapels what have you. But the ToR will remain as a building because dwarves are better then puny humans and have no need to kneel and pray.

Humans cannot extract Cotton Candy or do anything with it (unless they got their hands some bars, other then that they can't make it) this it to encourage above ground forts/towns (of course enough bearded humans might "think" they are dwarves :P) Humans will instead have blessed steel (Normal steel that is blessed by a preist/wizard) other magically modified metals will be at the humans disposial (some of them the dwarves will too.)

I am now trying to get the entities and whatnot set up so I can do a full test run as humans and try to find any bugs with the new paper/ink/writing industry.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Hm...I have a suggestion. Add in a post office or such workshop. Send letters, get letters or even better, crap to sell to the filthy elves. Burn them for coal or ash. Check them for useful items like armors and weapons. I tried this out already. It has its advantages and disadvantages, but I'm just putting it out there, since this mod has a paper/ink industry.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile

I should probally have a burn wood (instert item) but I do have dismantel Wood (item) to get wood back (or from elven crap) I guess letters could be good trade items (high value) as to encourage the "idea" of writing to loved ones (acaully sould make it negative so you pay the caravan, and get paid to take letters).

Nice Idea there [b <--(surpose to be a thumbs up)
I like it, But once I finish up this and V4.0 is ready it's off the large amount of creatures "The Master" had planned out as me and him brainstormed ideas
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19