Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Whats your fav thing about Regen FE?

Industry, I love all these new toys
- 2 (20%)
Special upgrade-able castes (not in yet, but it will be)
- 1 (10%)
Cool weapons and cavern layout, I'm scared of the caves now. Yay
- 2 (20%)
Kobolds! I like this updated KC version
- 3 (30%)
The other races with differnet playstyles
- 1 (10%)
The new difficulty
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19

Author Topic: |({[<---*Regeneration V5.0*--->]})| Alpha 2 get it  (Read 48802 times)

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V4.3: A Mod by Hugo*--->]})| Phoebus still
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2012, 11:54:08 pm »

No clue about royal jelly, my self. And I definitely never heard of it in a drink, but hey this is a fantasy game we are talking about, so do what ever you like.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2012, 12:01:29 am »

Wiki'd it Royal Jelly I'd say it could work, or I could just use it for the making of Excellent booze (since royal jelly is pretty hardcore I guess) I would use honey but that is for mead.

EDIT:
Also someone had emailed me about "helping with the mod" I have replied, but the target was to the bay12webmaster do hicky (and the gmail address) Since it was not a PM i'm not sure if the reply from me will be received. If you (the sender) don't get the response PM me.

EDIT2:
I was going to upload a Download and Play version of V4.4 Phoebus but it seems DFFD is currently down. Booze price as been raised, but the brewery is not made and thus no higher levels of booze.
Now since some new features have been thrown in there will probally be bugs, but alot of bugs have been fixed aswell. Now I'm happy to say, I will try and keep updating this mod. But I will be hindered due to college, socializing, female hunting, etc etc. But with also helping with another Mod I will have to juggle alot of modding/testing.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 12:26:40 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2012, 12:49:09 am »

Yay i suppose royal jelly would work for the excellent brand as its name certainly fits and would give reasons for its existence other than food. But yay keep up all the great work, and good luck with all your other endevours

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2012, 07:07:24 am »

DFFD is still down, I just woke up and gotta rush. But when I get back I will do some quick testing anf jam what new features I can before I upload a "Full" Pre-Packed and installed version of DF 31.25 and Regeneration Phoebus

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2012, 01:58:55 pm »

Cant wait to try the new features

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2012, 07:06:33 pm »

Will be updating to V4.4 shortly gotta wait for upload.

I got alot of fixes and some features (mainly combat)

I have no idea if the double "Liaison" bug is still in, if anyone encounters it or know how to fix it please tell me.

Read the change log for all that has been done :P

@Stronghammer
Saddly I could not fit the advanced brewery going on, But booze is now worth more (not too much but it's a step in teh right direction) I also removed the Booze option from pickle and fisher berries (will be used for excellent booze in the future)

EDIT:
Uploaded complete Enjoy V4.4

Next release will hopefully include a brewery and more booze making options

Weapons new and vanilla will have !!SUPER!! attacks, making hammer dwarves send enemies flying again like in 40d (adventure mod might make it a bit OP, even in fortress mode so it will be expermental)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:12:22 pm by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Stronghammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: |({[<---*Regeneration V4.4: A Mod by Hugo*--->]})| Phoebus
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2012, 07:37:59 pm »

cool will download and take at look at thx.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 11, 2012, 11:50:23 pm »

I looked through your mod and I cannot determine the elements allowing under ground civs to ambush/siege etc. Care to elaborate?
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2012, 06:38:48 am »

I looked through your mod and I cannot determine the elements allowing under ground civs to ambush/siege etc. Care to elaborate?
In entity_regen.txt the TROGS entity has these tags

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:1]
   [ACTIVE_SEASON:SPRING]
   [ACTIVE_SEASON:SUMMER]
   [ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN]
   [ACTIVE_SEASON:WINTER]

[AMBUSHER][SIEGER]

Without the triggers and active seasons, well they don't do anything. But if there are cave campers they will get attacked (unless the ambusher squad is of the same cave civ, but even thats rare)

EDIT:
also I have not been seiged as of yet, but I'm still running my test fortress trying to see. Ambushes work, but Gotta see if a Vile Force of Trogs/Gremlins appear

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2012, 06:56:34 am »

But if there are cave campers they will get attacked
Is that mean they'd attack only if there's an underground civ?
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2012, 07:02:30 am »

This questions seems a bit general.

so I must answer like this.

-If you embark and you find a underground civ camp (rodentmen) and a underground civ ambushes (also rodentmen) the ambushers will attack the campers (different civ hostile, due to the lack of [CAN_SPEAK])

-Even with no "campers" you will still get ambushed by underground civs (DF picks from the closest underground civ, like suface civs. But all should attack you at some point)

So

Underground civs will ambush no matter what, but Campers will try to defend themselves from ambushers and you

EDIT:
As for updates with the mod... not much, Having some RL issues and my College classes are a bit erratic at best.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2012, 07:53:24 am »

My question was to make sure they will attack even if there is no campers. I'd implement and test them to see how they'd fair.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2012, 08:05:46 am »

My question was to make sure they will attack even if there is no campers. I'd implement and test them to see how they'd fair.
Yes they will

Underground civs will ambush no matter what, but Campers will try to defend themselves from ambushers and you
lol

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2012, 10:27:18 am »

Playing a test fort in the newest download at college, finished my work early and I found an eyesore that is very confusing. Looking at the Forge and making copper stuff I get the same spam of "forge battle axe(x3)" and whatnot. So I'm going to have to just drop the "dual" within the acual weapon name and not an prefix (sorry don't know how to spell the correct term)

So that is on my "FIX RIGHT NOW!" list, simple bugs are easy and can be ignored but when you don't know WTF you are making is just painful

EDIT:
so I guess the new "copper dual battle axes" is not as bad as the old "dual copper battle axes"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 10:44:52 am by Hugo_The_Dwarf »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2012, 07:00:21 pm »

Fixed the Name issue and now all the new weapons can be made from stone (now that you can tell what the hell they are in the list.

Am now working on making the rest of the Good and Excellent booze types.
then
The blue prints of the new Brewery workshop
then
The reactions for producing the higher grades of booze

Here are some mock up ideas for the new stuff

-Brewery
5x5 workshop that requires 4 empty barrels (brewing vats), 8 posts/beams (support large brewing vats), 3 building material. and a couldron (trade with humans essential if dwarves)

-Brew "Aged Booze"
will require 10 of the base plant (10 plump helmets), 1 bag of suger/barrel of syrup/jug of Royal Jelly (sweetener/ food source for yeast), tallow (collects floating particals)
Produce a barrel of 25 "Aged Booze"

-Brew "Golden Stamp Booze"
Will require 20 of the base plant (20 pigtails), 1 bag of suger/barrel of syrup/jug of Royal Jelly (sweetener/ food source for yeast), 2 tallow (collects floating particals), pickel/fisher berries (flavour)
Produce a barrel of 50 "Golden Stamp Booze"

now making so much booze was based off the amount of plants used and extra ingrediants and so it is a nice trading value. Of course I will have to test and make sure barrels can hold that much. If not I will have to find the "MAX" and use more barrels to be filled

Suggestions on this mock up?

Then once that is complete it's off to making more challenging cave civs. Also the weapon name fixes are done.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 19