Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Your top 5 deaths!  (Read 15443 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Your top 5 deaths!
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2011, 11:41:05 pm »

This was how I found out boogie-men existed

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I get the feeling everything Logrin posts menaces with spikes of graphite and is encircled with bands of awesome.

Do you post a drawing everytime? Your art is great!

Anyway, I can see that Bogeymen are the bane of most adventurers now  :P

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2011, 11:00:10 am »

I only have one "saved" death, he rest I've forgotten about. It was my first adventurer after I learned how to aim (shift-a). I leared this game the hard way, so it took awhile. Anyway, I made a standard Swordsman demigod, I get my first quest, I head out to kill these bandits. I arrive at the spot, I head in...
I counted around thirty-five of them. I had no companions, either. Here's where it gets epic and insane. I manage to kill about, four of them or so, when a bolt punches right through my swordsman's swordhand.
There I am, against about thirty remaining bandits, no armor save for a shield, and no ability to grip a sword. Back then I didn't know that you could wield both shield and weapon in the same hand, either.
Now, what followed, was the single most gruesome battle I've ever experienced in DF. This adventurer dodged, kicked, punched and bit like a madman. Refusing to just turn tail and flee, I/he dogged it out like a true champion, utilizing trees and maneuvers to split his opponents up so he wouldn't have to deal with more than two for each action. He was wounded time and time again, but he kept going, kicking, throwing corpses and bashing with his copper shield, until roughly twenty bandits were dead and around five were unable to fight. By then the place looked like a slaughterhouse with bodies everywhere, many that had tried to drag themselves away, resulting in bloody trails all over the place. Finally he grew tired from his many wounds, and he ended up with broken legs and arms before finally having his skull smashed in.
Pretty impressive it were, for a guy who started with no points at all in either Misc. Item Use, Kicking, Biting, Throwing or Striking.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 12:42:51 am »

5.killed all Bogeymen, collapsed from exhaustion, last one beat me up for twelve minutes.
4.head eaten by cave crocodile from abandoned fortress.
3.Confronted a hydra, lost both ears, a leg and both arms, then bled to death.
2.Night time ambush, squad killed instantly, I stab one bloke in the heart, he limped off, I then confronted a lasher, he shattered my leg, so I removed his with iron, another lasher attacks, hits me in the skull while I'm down.
1.Took my merry band of adventurers to attack a titan, I one hit him, he exploded into flame, I slowly melted as I tried to make it to the ocean, doomed...

IcarusOne

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2011, 02:49:44 am »

5. The night creature punches you in the head, fracturing the skull... etc.
4. Bear wrestling.
3. My speardwarf was rampaging through a giant bandit camp, filled with humans, elves, goblins AND kobolds. EVERYONE wanted me dead. I managed to stab them all to death, except the commander.
2. Had an endless fist/kicking fight against a troll night creature at the top of a mountain while giant eagles kept swarming us. It was an awsome action movie scene, which ended me actually managing to kick his skull apart and then dodge some z-levels down trying to punch more eagles.
1. My first adventurer started at a bugged town, with cave ins everywhere, slade on the ground and then died from the magma mist. I didn't know what the hell was going on.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2011, 12:44:53 pm »

2. firing a crossbow bolt and dodging in the same turn. shot myself in the heart
Oh man, the mental picture...

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2011, 02:32:14 pm »

I didn't know what in hell was going on.
Fix'd, because you, my friend, spawned in Hell.

On Topic: My NEXT five top deaths.

5. Outsider, IN A TUNDRA, on my way to a cave, when a pack of wolves ambushed me. I took down a few with my spear and dagger, but one came up to me and bit my throat open. I was trying to run away beforehand, because it was SO foggy out that I could only see one tile in front of me.
4. Killing some groundhogs for meat to eat, bones to carve, skins to turn to armor, etc. when one ALSO bit my throat out. Groundhogs are evil...
3. I decided to set some trees on fire and stand next to them to get warm (I was in cold weather). I start BLEEDING to death for some reason.
2. A SINGLE night beast punches me in the finger, shatters the bone AND I pass out one turn later from pain. Next thing I know, it caves my skull in.
1. The odd goblin ambush.

deknegt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2011, 03:23:00 pm »

Punching rabbits out of boredom. One charges at me and pushes me in a pond, i drown... Yeah.

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2011, 04:08:50 pm »

Punching rabbits out of boredom. One charges at me and pushes me in a pond, i drown... Yeah.
the fury of bunnies they decapitate bronze  colossus and push people into ponds

JDF117

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2011, 11:22:49 pm »

Was wandering around with ~10 compainions and go to sleep by a mountain. I wake up when a night creature comes out of the mountain and kills all 11 of us handily. 'Fear the night' indeed!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2011, 03:43:50 am »

Fluffy Wambler != bunny. A fluffy wambler is a small, jointless humanoid.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Nukarama

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: adorable stupidity]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2011, 06:29:59 pm »

1.Bogeyman
2.Bandits
3.Bears (Oh my!)
4.Crossbowman
5.SPEAR OUTTA NOWWHERE
And when the site infiltration feature is done, we can do that thing where two short people disguise themselves as one tall guy in a trenchcoat. Except the two people in question will be halves of the same person.
The perfect disguise.

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2011, 03:50:11 pm »

Most of the better ones come from the old versions. Well, about all of them, really.

5. Having my skull bashed in by this one friendly priest wielding a sandal...
4. Back in the day, there were these carp, you see...
3. Gang Bangtm, by Elf Wrestlers...
2. Being trapped by randomly appearing glitch-glaciers in a frozen over arctic ocean...
1. A child throws a cave spider silk sock. The spinning cave spider silk sock strikes you in the head! You have been struck down!
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2011, 05:02:54 pm »

Fluffy Wambler != bunny. A fluffy wambler is a small, jointless humanoid.
I don't remember vermin having descriptions

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2011, 09:20:28 pm »

^ That is the description given by Toady, they have no mouths and are fluff and noses.

Someone made a cute picture about them somewhere in the forums, funny thing.

5. You drown in 7/7 water for being pushed off by a red fox!
4. The Black bear bites off your Right hand > Left Hand > Left foot > right foot.......Blood loss
3. You die from a fall! (pushed off a cliff...)
2. You die from the consequences of a fall! (Pushed off a cliff by a kobold then stabbed as stunned at the bottom [5 z-levels])
1. I....got stuck in a dry pit and couldn't escape as LIONS were watching me...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2011, 11:17:53 pm »

I had actually made a picture of a fluffy wambler, even though it's probably not the one your thinking of:
Recently I died rather horribly to a lesser dragon and a yeti. Took them quite a while to actually kill me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6