Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Your top 5 deaths!  (Read 15436 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Your top 5 deaths!
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 10:34:28 pm »

As a civilized minotaur I was eaten alive by a GROUND HOG. Literally. Took me ages to die from blood loss while i woke up/passed out every other turn. Just kept gnawing on various body parts, nothing fatal.

Eaten by lions when chasing down a chimp because I THOUGHT I could handle them.

Accidentally bump a peasant. Entire house hold of 10-15 people charge after me and tear me limb-from-limb. Surprising how often this happens...

My comrades and I slaughter a dragon in it's lair, and as we're getting ready to leave, my comrades start bursting into flame and subsequently bleeding to death one-by-one. Realizing what's going on, I flee into the caverns below, followed by a procession of these idiots who run after me like I'm their mommy gonna put the damn fire out, and thus I end up a pile of ashes, and the dragon gets the last laugh!

I start a game as a Cobald adventurer
Spoiler: "....." (click to show/hide)
I bled out not 6 turns later, while it gnawed on an arm it managed to rip off.
Three little snacks for a large icy terror to lick up off the ground like strawberry ice cream.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2011, 10:35:11 pm »

I'm not really sure if it's real, but if it is, then it's awesome.  The duck must have a virus or germ in its mouth that causes fatal heart attacks upon contact with the adventurer.  It's smart too, I've never seen anything lure an adventurer into an almost frozen lake. 

What's its name? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 09:27:58 pm »

Yeah I doubt that that's legit... I want pics. Or it didn't happen.

ullrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2011, 10:06:19 am »

Only have 3:
3) Bogeyman
2) Enraged Badger
1) My legendary fully iron clad adventure, was leveling stealth and swimming by going down a river and killing fish along the way, one sturgeon, bites me through the iron gauntlet, crushing the bone, causing me to give in to the pain and the sturgeon rips of my hand for the kill, seriously wtf.
Ullrich cancels Work: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress
Dwarf Fortress: Engraved is an image of a Human and a video game. The Human is making a plaintive gesture.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2011, 10:25:21 am »

I find a titans lair. The master of the lair was a giant blob composed of water, wearing a regal bearing. Hell, it didn't even have any fancy things. I went up to it, expecting a one shot kill from me and the titan one shots me by pushing me in the head.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2011, 03:53:19 pm »

theres only one death that ever stuck with me I found a entrance to the caverns in adventure mode and ended up jumping into the magma sea it took a while for him to actually die to so I got false hope and he was my best adventurer

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2011, 03:56:36 pm »

About the duck thing, I read that somewhere else and I'm pretty sure he had pics. I might be misremembering. It could have been a legondary biter/dodger with some magical beak as weapon attributes.
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.

Iapetus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2011, 05:26:08 pm »

Notable deaths of some of my more epic, demi-god adventurers:

5) Adventuring alone.  Kicked in head by bogymen.
4) Companions disappeared somehow.  Kicked in head by bogymen.
3) Returning from slaying a megabeast, with several surviving companions.  Stabbed todeath in my sleep by goblins.
2) Fell in a river.  Disembowled by sturgeon.
1) Dodged into a pond.  Drowned.

And in 40d: Exploring an underground road.  Got thirsty.  Realized I didn't have any water with me.  Died of dehydration efore I could get out.
Engraved on the floor is a well-designed image of a kobold and a carp.  The kobold is making a plaintive gesture.  The carp is laughing.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2011, 12:08:18 am »

5. Wading around waist deep in lava: I was actually fighting with some bandits at the time and managed to kill them and then hold their leader down in the lava till he died. Dragged myself out (I had basically no legs left at this point) and managed to crawl to the tomb area of the fortress I was in before bleeding out. Seemed fitting.

4. Riddled with arrows: Went after a bandit group with a few companions, most of which had been with me for a while and as  such were pretty crippled. The bandits were almost all crossbow/bowmen who immediately slaughtered my friends and spent the next few minutes embedding arrows in me as I trudged around, murdering them one by one. By the end of it I had something like 15 or 20 arrows in me, several in the gut and even more in the chest. It was only thanks to my armor and the fact that the arrow wounds were shallow that I managed to survive as long as I did. I finally died when the bandit leader (another fucking crossbowmen) got a lucky shot to the throat as I was wrestling the bow from his hands. Of course I immediately grabbed him, strangled him unconcious, tore the bolt from my neck and embedded it into his skull before I bled out.

3.Blind swordsman flailing: After losing an eye to frostbite (damn frost wyrms), I ended up in a fight with one of those random squads of guards from civs that hate you. Because I had lots of companions the game spawned in a variable army of enemies and everything went bad very quickly. At the point when pretty much 3/4ths my friends were dead, a swordsmen managed to get a blow in on my head and slice my good eye, rendering me blind. The rest of the battle was nothing more then me blindly flailing and hacking apart anyone that got close enough. Potshots taken by the few archers that remained, along with a seemingly endless horde of melee fighters eventually crippled both my arms, pierced a lung and spilled by guts. My last act was to leap upon a man, strangle him unconscious with my legs and then bite his throat out before his friends descended upon me.

2. Attempting to kill a god: After looking through legends I found out that the only surviving member of one of the first civs was a demon that had convinced the civ that he was their god and as such, had secured a place of power. As the civ faltered and died, it left only the demon to fight its wars, which he won single handed, often against several dozen or hundred opponents. In fact, several civs were destroyed because they kept attacking him over and over until they had pretty much exhausted their populations and either collapsed on their own or were conquered by someone. After every civ near him had collapsed, he was pretty much just left alone in the ruined remains of his civ's capital for a few hundred years. Of course, I decided that I had to kill him. When I found him he was standing alone in the courtyard of his castle, naked except for the slicing knife he held in one hand. After talking to him a bit, I attacked, right away going for his weapon hand. He dodged, countered and lopped my weapon hand off in one turn. As I scrambled to pull my sword out of the grip of my own severed hand, he went to work flaying me alive with shallow wounds and breaking every joint and bone I had. After a while (from what I can tell, I fell unconscious after a while) he eventually just got bored and hacked off all my limbs before smashing my head in. I never managed to touch him.

1. My first time: Randomly encounter a wolf. Wolf immediately bites me in the throat. Game over. Classic.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2011, 12:30:28 am »

The duck incident reminds me of the mighty moose from the How Did You Last Die thread. Seriously that moose was FATAL!
Correction: It was in the Most BS Deaths thread, and the moose bit is here.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:34:17 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2011, 04:21:24 pm »

Fighting to death with boogeymen. I was able to fight them without serious injuries, but one managed to get me a lung injurie, i ignored it, when there was only 2 boogeymen remaining, I was about to kill one, but then i suffocated.

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2011, 01:30:45 pm »

5. 'You have been encased in ice!' ...Teach me not to check the climate before practicing swimming...
4-3. 'The Alligator shakes you around by the arm! The severed part sails off in an arc! You have bled to death!' Alligators are mean.
2. Psychic crossbowman sees me while approaching bandit camp. Perforation ensues.
1. Get impressively skilled adventurer going, destroy several mates of night creatures without difficulty, decide to visit a fortress to recruit some soldiers. See rhino pack, carefully walk around it since the last one I met smashed my leg. Get to the gate, get in, and--You lose your grip on your rope reed fiber cap! You lose your grip on your bronze helm! The Rhinoceros strikes you in the head, jamming the skull through the brain! You have been struck down!

Which is to say, there was a Rhino waiting for me. Inside the gatehouse. And it one-shot me the instant I walked in. It was beautiful, in an infuriating sort of way.

Edit: Especially infuriating because it literally happened about 20 minutes ago.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:32:38 pm by Deimos56 »
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

capndaedalus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2011, 10:58:45 pm »

Played a lot of rogue-likes and just now am trying out Adventure mode, usually have good luck in the first few characters I start in a game. Pwnd by 3 wolves before I could get to first quest objective :(

Communist adventure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2011, 02:42:33 pm »

5 sleeping in a town square at night alone thinking i was safe then bogey men own me and somebody sleeping at there door

4 jumping into a river drowned

3 getting shot in the head while knocked out

2 goblin ambush of 25+ oh god i can remember all those swords and hammers

1 becoming a legendary hero that couldn't walk (nerve damage in foot) with a big party i was going to kill a night creature then i randomly find a lair then i thought " yay a kill for me" then i go inside and the night creature grabs my helm and knees me in the head caving it in.  :-[

Logrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2011, 03:20:43 pm »

This was how I found out boogie-men existed

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What monstrosities would walk the streets, were peoples faces as unfinished as their minds.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6