Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Rise of the Jewel [Game Over]  (Read 112580 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - All Present and Accounted For [Day 2] [Need Replacement]
« Reply #270 on: September 07, 2011, 01:19:06 pm »

Damn.
I'm posting from not-my-computer, and all I have for now (quickly) is:
 - folks who blatantly copy Wuba's arguments need to add more (or did he really cover everything?)
 - folks who state the first point - no, Wuba really does have sound arguments. But it's not bandwagoning if they back it up.
I have a huge WoT in a .doc file on my comp. I have occasional internet shit at home, plus I'm not quite done with putting it all together, so I'm not ready to post.
I hope I don't go over the char limit.  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - All Present and Accounted For [Day 2] [Need Replacement]
« Reply #271 on: September 07, 2011, 05:45:05 pm »

I ignored his shitty WoT and missed one of his questions. I'm sorry if your brain can't process such a distinction and piles it all together.
His question and WoT were in the same post. You ignored both.

Sure, completely unsupported. Let's ignore the previous dozen or so reasons, sure.
Previous dozen or so reasons with no linked or quoted evidence. Do you really expect us to go over the thread with a fine-toothed comb to look for evidence that supports your argument? Because we won't.

Okay, whatever Mr.Person has done up till now, it simply doesn't compare to admitting to backing off your vote under threat of being lynched. I can't believe you actually said that, but you did. Go hang, Orangebottle.
There wasn't even a threat of being lynched; it was me admitting that continuing to attack Wuba with little to nothing at this point would be stupid, and likely end in my death.

Bluh; I don't think about half of what i'm saying most of the time.
That, and there is precedent for me half-assing a case on Wuba and losing because of it. I have no desire to repeat that.

Damn.
 - folks who blatantly copy Wuba's arguments need to add more (or did he really cover everything?)
 - folks who state the first point - no, Wuba really does have sound arguments. But it's not bandwagoning if they back it up.
I have a huge WoT in a .doc file on my comp. I have occasional internet shit at home, plus I'm not quite done with putting it all together, so I'm not ready to post.
If you don't have that posted in two r/l days, my vote's on you. We've been waiting long enough for this so-called Wall of Text.

By the way, who hasn't claimed their night action yet?
I haven't, but I'm waiting for TolyK, Simple, and Dariush to claim. For a good reason, too.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 07, 2011, 06:39:09 pm »

Okay, now you're just starting to invent stuff. I didn't beg him to vote him, I merely pointed out that he wasn't doing so, which apparently morally justified his immediate reaction. I didn't boast in his face, I listed another reason why I thought he was scum.
You asked him why he wasn't voting you. When he proceeded to, you added OMGUS to your case. It wasn't an OMGUS at all, your voting was completely unsupported.
Sure, completely unsupported. Let's ignore the previous dozen or so reasons, sure.
All I really know is, whenever i'm up against Webadict I always end up losing. A dead me isn't going to be getting scum lynched any time soon. I'll back off. For now.
Okay, whatever Mr.Person has done up till now, it simply doesn't compare to admitting to backing off your vote under threat of being lynched. I can't believe you actually said that, but you did. Go hang, Orangebottle.
Hahahaha... No. We don't lynch Orangebottle today. There is no reason to, and that shift you just did was really obnoxious and uncalled for. I have no idea WHY you're trying to get yourself lynched (though, if you're a Jester, you are doing it poorly), but it's stupid, and even though I don't think you're scum, I will have no problem lynching you at this point just to prove a point. That point is "Don't screw with us." Start posting coherently or die.

Toaster: Are there third parties in this game?

Bluh; I don't think about half of what i'm saying most of the time.

All I really know is, whenever i'm up against Webadict I always end up losing. A dead me isn't going to be getting scum lynched any time soon. I'll back off. For now.
Uhh why exactly webadict gets the exclusive treatment ? Especially if you believe your accusations are true ?
What? His accusations AREN'T true, which is why he rightly stopped! He was making assumptions that would make Encyclopedia Brown shake his head! You act like my defense had nothing to do with it, either.

Actions:
Darvi: Detect Monster on Webadict, came up Darvi, Think0028, and TolyK
Think0028: Protect on Webadict
Mr.Person:  Cursed Weapon Dariush
Orangebottle:
Dariush: 
Simple: Noned
Max White: Tracked Darvi to Webadict
Webadict: Protect on Simple
TolyK: 

So, only Dariush, TolyK, and Orangebottle to go.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 07, 2011, 07:33:19 pm »

Damn.

FoS for not claiming.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Vote Count:

Darvi: 
Think0028: 
Mr.Person: 
Orangebottle: Darvi, Dariush
Dariush:  Orangebottle, Mr.Person
Simple: 
Max White: 
Webadict: 
TolyK:  Webadict

Not Voting:  Think0028, Simple, Max White, TolyK

Day 2 will last until Thursday, 9/8 at 11 PM EST.

Toaster: Are there third parties in this game?

Maybe.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 07, 2011, 10:19:49 pm »

That is a pretty big claim. I look forward to seeing what you have managed to dig up, and also what you were doing to Wubba on a night that he was protected, and there was no kill.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 07, 2011, 11:06:50 pm »

Damn.

FoS for not claiming.
Okay, now you're just starting to invent stuff. I didn't beg him to vote him, I merely pointed out that he wasn't doing so, which apparently morally justified his immediate reaction. I didn't boast in his face, I listed another reason why I thought he was scum.
You asked him why he wasn't voting you. When he proceeded to, you added OMGUS to your case. It wasn't an OMGUS at all, your voting was completely unsupported.
Actions:
Darvi: Detect Monster on Webadict, came up Darvi, Think0028, and TolyK
Think0028: Protect on Webadict
Mr.Person:  Cursed Weapon Dariush
Orangebottle:
Dariush: 
Simple: Noned
Max White: Tracked Darvi to Webadict
Webadict: Protect on Simple
TolyK: 

So, only Dariush, TolyK, and Orangebottle to go.
FAIL.
I thought i posted it. :( Must be in my WoT.
I tracked Wuba, he did indeed come to Simple, but don't know what action he did.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 07, 2011, 11:34:46 pm »

Well well well... What do we have here?
Wuba, have you been referring to here?

TolyK & Darvi: Any reason why you didn't suspect somebody yesterday, or at least not enough to vote for them?
There was an... incident last Wednesday evening that left me unable to post safely on the internet. I don't want to talk about it.

Tolyk,Darvi: Your suspects ?
Refer to my last post. Or the rest of this post. W/e.

Also Tolyk after he spectacularly failed to deliver with last post.

And for the record, angry and irrational Dariush is, in my experience, most likely town. He's kinda sneakier when anti-town. Or at least tries to be. Sorta like a lame version of Pandar. Or so I think.

I used Detect Monster on Wuba, assuming he'd be the first NK, and found out that other than me, Think and TolyK targeted him.

Next, OrangeBottle was quick to FoS TolyK after wuba attacked him. With basically the same arguments.
Looks like a case of "Follow the Leader" to me.
...That's it? That's your only reason for voting me? I FoS'd someone? Not only do you lurk, but you are a terrible hunter, Darvi. You also OMGUS people over an FoS. Stop being horrible and do some actual hunting, please.

Also: explain how this one point, all on it's own, is lynchworthy.
Haven't we already been over this before?

However, this time your reaction is terrible. You claim OMGUS when you didn't even FOS me. How the fuck is that an OMGUS. And yes, voting for people after they do a subtle bandwagon to test them is completely acceptable behavior.

And you want links? Have them.

Here, wuba votes for TolyK for being passive, and provides examples where the he uses the main D1 conflict to look active without actually taking sides. Again, here.

It's only after these posts that you start engaging in debates (or rather monologues) with TolyK. "He's next?" Why is he suddenly next?

Here you engage him much further... By saying that he's passive and trying to look active by posting analysis on the D1 duel. Now where have we already seen that? Or do you have a better explanation for that?

Tolyk: So far lurking has seems to attract a lot of attention. You better come out guns blazing ready to blow my mind with some awesome, well thought out answers, because I can't keep questioning you until you do. Your inactivity is delaying my questioning, and I don't like that.

Next, OrangeBottle was quick to FoS TolyK after wuba attacked him. With basically the same arguments.
...That's it? That's your only reason for voting me? I FoS'd someone? Not only do you lurk, but you are a terrible hunter, Darvi. You also OMGUS people over an FoS. Stop being horrible and do some actual hunting, please.

I can't help that notice that even though Darvi gave a reason to vote for you, you still call this an OMGUS vote. You also generalised your statement here, saying "You also OMGUS people". Can you provide another example of this?
I also can't help but notice that OrangeBottle never even as much as FoS'd me until that post. So much for OMGUS. Do you even know what that acronym means or are you just flinging around jargon and hope it sticks OB?

You don't find tolyk even a bit suspicious ? Honestly i'm sick of people using these grouping&collaboration attacks.
Never said he wasn't suspicious, but I was giving him the benefit of doubt on D1 because school and shit. Because hey, I have exams next week too, and other time consuming shit. People have other things to do than mafia.
That his only participation today was basically saying "Oh yeah I have this huge post right here of which I couldn't possibly post any of right now" and not even taking the time to claim his action doesn't help his case, though. Like, not at all.

OoC:
My words are lethal, of course.
Bluh I have been slain.

PPE:
What pumpkin WoT?

Everybody's waiting for you. And there should be at least part of it that you could already post now.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2011, 12:15:01 am »

However, this time your reaction is terrible. You claim OMGUS when you didn't even FOS me. How the fuck is that an OMGUS. And yes, voting for people after they do a subtle bandwagon to test them is completely acceptable behavior.
Okay; my mistake. I was asking you a question, not FOSing you. Doesn't change the fact that your reasons for voting me are still terrible.

It's only after these posts that you start engaging in debates (or rather monologues) with TolyK. "He's next?" Why is he suddenly next?
He said he didn't want to be too straightforward. Remind me, how isn't not wanting to be honest a scumtell?

Also, that was the only time that day that I actually went after him; the rest were me trying to encourage him to be active.

Here you engage him much further... By saying that he's passive and trying to look active by posting analysis on the D1 duel. Now where have we already seen that? Or do you have a better explanation for that?
You seem to be conveniently ignoring the fact that I'm asking him questions based on Webadict's points.

So much for OMGUS. Do you even know what that acronym means or are you just flinging around jargon and hope it sticks OB?
I know what the acronym means. You're voting me for incredibly shitty reasons after I  asked you a question.

In any case, i'm not even voting for TolyK with these reasons. I'm FoSing him. Huge difference.

FAIL.
I tracked Wuba, he did indeed come to Simple, but don't know what action he did.
Yes. Fail. You are failing to deliver. Post the damned wall already.
My Sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 08, 2011, 08:01:07 am »

Extend. TolyK needs to follow through on his promises and/or die.

I used Detect Monster on Wuba, assuming he'd be the first NK, and found out that other than me, Think and TolyK targeted him.

And you want links? Have them.

Here, wuba votes for TolyK for being passive, and provides examples where the he uses the main D1 conflict to look active without actually taking sides. Again, here.

So... here's a good question: Is it bad to follow someone if they're right?

You don't find tolyk even a bit suspicious ? Honestly i'm sick of people using these grouping&collaboration attacks.
Never said he wasn't suspicious, but I was giving him the benefit of doubt on D1 because school and shit. Because hey, I have exams next week too, and other time consuming shit. People have other things to do than mafia.
That his only participation today was basically saying "Oh yeah I have this huge post right here of which I couldn't possibly post any of right now" and not even taking the time to claim his action doesn't help his case, though. Like, not at all.
He clearly has time to write up a WoT, yet none to participate. Not okay.

And where did Dariush go with his action? Jesus!

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2011, 08:25:00 am »

Dariush:Fair enough. It makes me doubt you weren't again random-voting at the day start though.

Tolyk: Seriously ? I give you a second chance because it thought you just had not time to post but this makes me worry. I hope this WoT won't again be comparison of all possible scum teams. Because  these are usually nothing but usless mix of waffling and wifom. And it would look better if you at least voted someone if you have serious suspects, now it looks like you still have nobody exact to vote for.

Orangebottle: And ? Why you didn't just said you agree with him instead of going with these theatrics.

Webadict: If i were interested in your defense i would have asked. What orangebottle done is bit too strange to overlook don't you think ? Or you are alright with everything even stupid and scummy that makes your life easier ?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2011, 08:51:21 am »

Orangebottle: And ? Why you didn't just said you agree with him instead of going with these theatrics.
Sounds like you would've gone after him regardless, seeing as how you don't mention the dying part in your last post. So, really, would it have mattered? If he said, "You're right. I'll back off," would you have been okay with that? Or would you just have posted the same thing anyhow, seeing as how the part about him dying isn't the scummy part to you; it's the part where he backed off me you find scummy.

Webadict: If i were interested in your defense i would have asked. What orangebottle done is bit too strange to overlook don't you think ? Or you are alright with everything even stupid and scummy that makes your life easier ?
Strange? Yes. Scummy? No. Stupid? Not really. It's like you're suggesting that he continue his stupid hunt on me because he looks scummy for stopping. As for making my life easier, yes. I would love to avoid stupid arguments, because they make me waste time out of my day to reply to them instead of getting everyone to lynch TolyK, which EVERYONE seems to acknowledge suspicion of but no one votes. Why? Because of stupid arguments with Dariush. That kid is probably a jester or at the very least, very stupid town. Do I think he's scum? No. Will I pity his eventual lynch? No. But, do I want stupid arguments to cease? Yes.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 08, 2011, 10:46:24 am »

Webadict: why are you defending me? Do you think I'm incapable of doing so myself?

Simple: Does it really matter? Either way I'd be backing off. They're both perfectly accurate.

Extend, I want to hear Dariush's action.
My Sig

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 08, 2011, 11:35:46 am »

I didn't do anything tonight.
Previous dozen or so reasons with no linked or quoted evidence. Do you really expect us to go over the thread with a fine-toothed comb to look for evidence that supports your argument? Because we won't.
Every time I added more arguments against Nuke I either quoted them in the same post or they were posted immediatly before.
There wasn't even a threat of being lynched; it was me admitting that continuing to attack Wuba with little to nothing at this point would be stupid, and likely end in my death.
So, you imply that you would die but not by lynching. Do you know something we don't?

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 08, 2011, 11:46:07 am »

Okay. The reason I wanted to claim last is because I have a Ring of Warning. It tells me how many people actioned me at night. It said nobody, so if anybody tried to claim an action on me today we'd know they were lying.

Also, I did nothing last night.

Every time I added more arguments against Nuke I either quoted them in the same post or they were posted immediatly before.
I see no links when you present your reasons here. Or here. That's where it is most important to provide links. When summarizing your case.

So, you imply that you would die but not by lynching. Do you know something we don't?
[/quote]
No. There was no threat of a lynch, but if I continued with my inaccurate, false case against Wuba, I'd get lynched.
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 36