Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 3 - Rise of the Jewel [Game Over]  (Read 112576 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - All Present and Accounted For [Day 2] [Need Replacement]
« Reply #300 on: September 09, 2011, 09:55:52 am »

Well, look at everything:

1) You were cursed weapon'd.
2) You "noned."
3) You didn't admit to being curse weapon'd.
4) You're being a moron repeatedly.
5) You never claimed right away.

And it will also clear Mr.Person, so... Yeah. I'll take that chance.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 3 - All Present and Accounted For [Day 2] [Need Replacement]
« Reply #301 on: September 09, 2011, 10:06:35 am »

Mr.Person, you're either extremely stupid town or (which is much more probable) simply stupid scum. I repeated twice that I voted OB not simply for him backing off, but because he backed off so he wouldn't get lynched. Wrong case or not, there was a dozen of ways to gracefully get out of that vote without painting himself as obvscum. OB didn't pick any of them.
Dariush: Town. Does. Not. Want. To. Get. Lynched. Either. Get it through your thick skull.
My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 09, 2011, 10:34:48 am »

Orangebottle: And ? Why you didn't just said you agree with him instead of going with these theatrics.
Sounds like you would've gone after him regardless, seeing as how you don't mention the dying part in your last post. So, really, would it have mattered? If he said, "You're right. I'll back off," would you have been okay with that? Or would you just have posted the same thing anyhow, seeing as how the part about him dying isn't the scummy part to you; it's the part where he backed off me you find scummy.
There is a difference between someone who stops attacking and says "my case is stupid"and someone who does it and says "it's not like i wouldn't want to attack you, i'm just scared". It ruins any credibility he had before by  declaring  you're untouchable for him. It's not even something that makes me think he's scummy it's just something that should never be said regardless of orange alignment. At least he doesn't try to use it in any way. And you're right i would probably go after him if he said he's wrong but it would be more natural response than this, at least for me.

Simple: Does it really matter? Either way I'd be backing off. They're both perfectly accurate.
Well it's bit controversial don't you think ? . And just one last thing about that: does that mean you think wuba is town or you just got nothing on him ?

-webadict puzzle solving-
Either that or Person claim is false and it's goes the other way round. But overall it sounds reasonable.

-snip-
So it's rather the fact that he didn't want to be "straightforward" that tipped you off? And not the fact that he didn't want to say "I don't think either is scum", possibly out of fear to come over as buddying? Because in retrospect, that's how it looks to me.
What's the difference between these two cases ? Because only difference there is the motive which you possibly cannot know.

Orangebottle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 09, 2011, 10:42:02 am »

Simple: Does it really matter? Either way I'd be backing off. They're both perfectly accurate.
Well it's bit controversial don't you think ? . And just one last thing about that: does that mean you think wuba is town or you just got nothing on him ?
[/quote]
I have nothing on him. And no, it's not really all that controversial.

My Sig
Quote from: The Binder of Shame: RPGnet Rants
"We're in his toilet. We're in Cthulhu's toilet."

""Hey! No breaking character while breaking character"

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 09, 2011, 11:10:31 am »

I assume Mr.Person is telling the truth since:

1) There was no kill. Since no one claimed protection from, it can be assumed he is likely telling the truth.
2) Assuming Mr.Person was lying, who killed? #1 shows that something must've stopped it, and there isn't any reason NOT to claim protection except for WIFOM for scum, which means that something would've happened to the scum, but nobody claimed roleblocking, redirection, or randomization.

So, that is why I can assume Mr.Person correctly cursed weaponed, there was a delayed kill, or there is a cult.

If there is a delayed kill, look at those who noned: Orangebottle, Simple, and Dariush (not sure about anyone else, as I'm PFP and I have limited memory retention.)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 09, 2011, 11:44:37 am »

First of all, I didn't know what 'your weapon glows black for a moment' meant, since Toaster didn't specify and I assumed it was some blank flavor. Secondly, you seem to assume that only those who 'noned' could have lied, and not anybody else. Thirdly, there's still too many possibilities for you to suddenly reverse your opinions to such an extreme extent.

Maybe it's better to wait until tomorrow to check whether or not the scum is cult, rather than rush ahead with the baseless lynch, huh? Or are you feeling lynch-happy today?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 09, 2011, 12:00:36 pm »

Lol, sure. I didn't think of no lynching when I thought about a cult! Silly me.

Oh wait, I did. If we no lynch, then there are 9 people alive. If there's a cult, then it's 3 vs. 6.

If we lynch you, then there are 8 people alive. If there's a cult, it's 2-3 vs. 5.

Not much difference, is there?

So, it works either way.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 09, 2011, 12:26:53 pm »

First of all, I didn't know what 'your weapon glows black for a moment' meant, since Toaster didn't specify and I assumed it was some blank flavor. Secondly, you seem to assume that only those who 'noned' could have lied, and not anybody else. Thirdly, there's still too many possibilities for you to suddenly reverse your opinions to such an extreme extent.

Maybe it's better to wait until tomorrow to check whether or not the scum is cult, rather than rush ahead with the baseless lynch, huh? Or are you feeling lynch-happy today?
You thought that black glow on your weapon is blank flavor ? When you supposedly done nothing ? That's hardly believable. And why you say this lynch ( what lynch? ) is rushed?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 09, 2011, 12:54:16 pm »

That, too. Your weapon glowing black doesn't seem like something that just happens.

Also, anyone want to bet TolyK doesn't post?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 09, 2011, 01:08:38 pm »

You thought that black glow on your weapon is blank flavor ? When you supposedly done nothing ? That's hardly believable. And why you say this lynch ( what lynch? ) is rushed?

Not everyone is up on mafia flavor. I find it pretty believable that Dariush wouldn't necessarily know. I find it odd Toaster wouldn't specifically say what the flavor meant, but then again, not specificying and being a general dick about requiring knowledge of what flavor means is what Nethack does best. And Toaster seems to like Nethack a lot.

Eh, I dunno. I'm not even going to bother with mod WIFOM here. I can believe what Daruish is saying since the only reason one would lie about not being hit by a targetted action is if that player is an ascetic... which I know isn't the case since I was told I succeeded at cursing his weapon. Whatever, point is this doesn't make Dariush scummier.

Mr.Person, you're either extremely stupid town or (which is much more probable) simply stupid scum. I repeated twice that I voted OB not simply for him backing off, but because he backed off so he wouldn't get lynched. Wrong case or not, there was a dozen of ways to gracefully get out of that vote without painting himself as obvscum. OB didn't pick any of them.

If you're just using Orangebottle's statement of admission of backing off to avoid getting lynched, that alone is not enough. You have to prove Orangebottle had a case against Webadict but chose not to pursue it under fear of getting lynched.

You know why? Orangebottle's admitted reasoning isn't what you're claiming it is. Choice of wording was poor, justification was poor, but if you look past that, you'll realize the base reasoning was "because my case is incorrect, so Webadict is town". If you prove that Orangebottle knowingly dropped a good case to avoid fighting with Webadict and get lynched, that would be very scummy, yes. But you haven't proved that. You're just looking at Orangebottle's poor justification and seeing "oh defensiveness, scum scum scum".

Basically, if you want to prove Orangebottle scum, you have to prove Orangebottle's case on Webadict right OR question Orangebottle on why he/she dropped the Webadict case.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 09, 2011, 01:57:52 pm »

Err... I was assuming mislynch if cult and no mafia, since that's worst case scenario. I was sort of rushing at the end.
And here I was hoping that at least you would think before posting /:-l

And you still didn't answer my questions.
Well well well... What do we have here?
Wuba, have you been referring to here?
So... here's a good question: Is it bad to follow someone if they're right?
On principle, no. Except OB has never made any such claims, as I just said.
He clearly has time to write up a WoT, yet none to participate. Not okay.
Aaaand what was the point of summarizing that part of my post?

What.
No, seriously, what?
He could say,"I don't think either of them is scum. Rather, I think <X> is scum. <post case against X here>." Would that still be scummy? Not in my opinion.
That's my point numbnut. He didn't say that. No wait. My point is actually that it didn't seem to bother you that he didn't do it. You just showed that you are aware that instead of doing what he did. And yet you only FoS'd him for his lame excuse rather than the fact that he is being so passive.

I started asking him questions today. Yesterday I was busy with NUKE.
Oh boohoo you cannot deal with more than one person at a time. How very sad.

So, suspecting someone for the same reasons as someone else does is a scumtell now? Because if it is, I'm never playing this game again. That is just absurd.
It's not. Bandwagonning however is. which is why I voted for you in the first place.
Had you just said "Webadict had a good point there. That made me suspicious of TolyK. Why do you care so much about it?", then I'd have retracted my vote. Instead however you go great lengths to tell me that I am throwing around shit. Which is why my vote is staying where it is for now.
Being busy is also a terrible excuse for passivity. If I had said 'why are you lurking', maybe. But if you have enough time to defend yourself, you have enough time to scumhunt.
So? Fact is that when you question people's lack of activity, then most of the time they will state "I am/was busy" or "My internet broke down"(which, considering he still can post, is not the case). Still a stupid question.

Because I thought I'd FoS'd you, and forgot that I hadn't.
Fine. Can happen.

Using his arguments means I agree with him. This is a terrible point.
Or you are blindly following him. Which is why I started investigating you. Your actions betray your words and I can throw my excrements at whoever I want, thank you very much.

So you think Orangebottle is suspicious for using an original case rather than YOUR case against TolyK?
How the fuck did you come to that conclusion. I didn't have a case on TolyK until this day. And besides, OrangeBottle isn't using an original case. He's using webadict's.

How do you even get such an idea if it's impossible to be the case?

So your problem with Orangebottle isn't the copying of Webadict's case, it's that Webadict isn't getting credit where credit is due? Or is it more that Orangebottle is trying to pass off Webadic't scumhunting as original?
I don't really care who has credit. However OB used wuba's arguments and I wanted to find out if webadict got him convinced or if he was just piggybacking. And guess what. The answer I wanted to hear didn't happen until much later. Brought up by webadict himself. That OB failed to bring it up himself tells me that it wasn't the case.

Also, anyone want to bet TolyK doesn't post?
No thanks. But I hope he does, because damn that WoT must be impressively huge and written in meticulous detail.

Or, much more likely, non-existent.

Basically, if you want to prove Orangebottle scum, you have to prove Orangebottle's case on Webadict right
Wouldn't that prove wuba to be scum, though? You meant "wrong" there right?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 09, 2011, 02:46:37 pm »

Okay, Mr.Person, how does the curse weapon NOT make Dariush more likely scum?

And I thought I did answer your question Darvi... But that might have been from my phone which might not have worked.

Oh well. I was saying that because I was assuming that I might have gotten a lucky protection (either myself or Simple), but I did not.

Though, no successful protections lessen down the potential suspects.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Vote Count:

Darvi: 
Think0028: 
Mr.Person: 
Orangebottle: Darvi, Dariush
Dariush:  Orangebottle, Mr.Person, Webadict
Simple: 
Max White: 
Webadict: 
TolyK:  Max White

Not Voting:  Think0028, Simple, TolyK

Day 2 will last until Friday, 9/9 at 11 PM EST, ~7 1/4 hours from now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 09, 2011, 02:49:24 pm »

Ah. Figured it would be something like that, but making sure anyways.

And the second question?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 09, 2011, 03:41:31 pm »

There was another question? I see the summarizing thing, and that must've been a posting error because I never meant to post that.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36