Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of material-based creatures should be a priority to add?

Wooden golems (just made of wood)
- 2 (2%)
Tree creatures (supernaturally living, replacing hair and such with leaves)
- 32 (31.7%)
Other plant creatures
- 6 (5.9%)
Metallic golems (allowing all metals)
- 16 (15.8%)
Stone golems
- 8 (7.9%)
Glass golems
- 2 (2%)
Flesh/organ golems
- 15 (14.9%)
Blood/alcohol golems
- 11 (10.9%)
Magma creatures
- 9 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.47.0X] [Python 2.7+] Random Raw Scripts - The stay frosty update  (Read 97357 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

:-\ That's just weird. With all that, it should work for you. It works for me, and I haven't heard from anyone else that it doesn't work.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

I should mention that I now have a tumblr, Castle Otu. I'll be using it to post updates to my mods and other projects, most likely, and I have posted/queued up some posts regarding the random creature scripts. It feels cleaner than multi-posting. Of course I'll still announce new versions here on the forums as well.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Ombragon

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLEEQUICK][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
Re: Random creature scripts - Progress reports on Tumblr
« Reply #77 on: October 07, 2013, 01:59:22 pm »

Finally, I have found the problem, you just can't put the generator files in object...

And some of these mad beasts

beauty wereboar
fruit boar

mammoth of discoveries
leech of dragons
stealing butterfly (bandit moth ?)
princess weaver (what ??)
wine newt

And the powerful rhinoceros of incineration who have scales and really hard chitin

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2013, 01:28:35 pm »

I'm still not sure what happened there, but I'm glad it's resolved! :)
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: Random creature scripts - Now with random hags, too
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2013, 05:53:08 pm »

Here's a question to all of you - right now, the random hag script creates hags with "translated" hag names - cirikos and lanamis from the elven language, for example. I'm thinking of doing something similar with the other scripts as well. This could result, for example in -
A roz bear (blade bear)
A cluster obash (cluster swine)
A nopo donkey (despair donkey)
A tongus adder (malign adder)
An ux charger (grim charger)
An udir barghest (black barghest)
A gùmur courser (idle courser)
Irìci wolf men (brass wolf men)
Nail keth (nail deer)
Exma cheetahs (dung cheetahs)

and so on. What do you think of this? Should it happen? How often? I've added a poll if you don't want to post, but I'd prefer to hear what you think.

Definitely in favor of this, if it hasn't been said already.  Some of the random names are a bit silly written in english, but if run through translation files it would feel more...  fantasy-ish?  Heck, if you wanted to get really fancy you could include language support, so that people who have modded languages can copy them into a folder and have some of your random creatures get names in the native tongues of their custom races.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 28, 2013, 12:18:57 pm »

Yeah, the translated names are definitely happening. The scripts go through the existing language files in the chosen directory, so you can copy in language files from mods, or use mods themselves, and the languages get used in naming the creatures.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 28, 2013, 06:19:45 pm »

Yeah, the translated names are definitely happening. The scripts go through the existing language files in the chosen directory, so you can copy in language files from mods, or use mods themselves, and the languages get used in naming the creatures.

Awesome.  You do fine work, Otu.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Random creature scripts - Now with vampire script!
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2013, 04:26:48 pm »

Update! If you've read what I've posted to Tumblr, you'll know most of what I've done - most importantly, there is a new script, and technically, it's not a creature script. There are now random vampires to encounter. They can entrance you, drain you, shapeshift - and many are best fought with a specific wooden weapon. There's a lot to do with vampires still (the appropriate animal forms don't even get venom yet, and there are no translated names for vampires either).

Changelogs:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Random Raw Scripts - Now for 0.40.08!
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2014, 05:26:13 pm »

The Random Raw Scripts have been updated for 0.40.08!

Beasts of Myth now generates multiple creature files - aquatic, cavern, domestic, fiend, night, mega, sapient, and standard, "monster" creature types get different adjectives, underhounds now get named in the vein of cavern hound or gloom hound, and new creature types are monster worms, shedu, aigicampi (sea goats), wyverns, and undershark (which get the same name treatment as underhounds).
Random Vampires now get some translated names, and venomous shapeshift forms do get their venom. There also was an uncommon-ish crash because the old version did not properly remove the potential of a vampire having both a flight form and a combat form.
Random Vermin somehow managed to lack the logic to give soil colony vermin like bees the soil colony tag and some related tags. It does have the logic now.

Changelogs:

Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.13] Random Raw Scripts - A crabby little update
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2014, 03:06:34 pm »

I've posted a small update to bring this script to 0.40.13. This mostly means that grazer animals now get STANDARD_GRAZER unless their scripted hunger is high or low. But that's not everything. There was a bug in the scripts where shell materials/tissues were added twice, and for some reason, chimps were grazers. Finally, I added leocampi (half lion, half fish), crabs, monster crabs, and spider crabs to the beasts, lobsters to the vermin, and the potential for beasts, vermin, and hags to have crab/scorpion-like pincers.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2014, 08:58:31 pm »

Not sure if I did something dumb. Clicked on beast_myth.py and generated mostly 1KB creature_ raws with no tags. Here are the complete raws:

The same with Hags, and Vampires hang up after selecting the raw export directory.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:01:14 pm by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2014, 05:51:27 am »

Hm. Sounds like the problem Ombragon had earlier in the thread for beasts, vermin, and hags. Are you running the scripts through vanilla, or Mythos of Rammok? Are you extracting the scripts into the raw folder? Can you perhaps run the scripts in a terminal or something and look if you get an error message?

I'm not sure where the vampires would hang. Perhaps when it tries to read the plant files for wood.

Edit - Okay, you'll get a rather predictable error when you're putting the scripts into the raw/objects folder. I can fix that one at least. In the meantime, don't put the scripts into the raw/objects folder.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 07:51:03 am by Knight Otu »
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2014, 10:01:55 am »

Hm. Sounds like the problem Ombragon had earlier in the thread for beasts, vermin, and hags. Are you running the scripts through vanilla, or Mythos of Rammok? Are you extracting the scripts into the raw folder? Can you perhaps run the scripts in a terminal or something and look if you get an error message?

I'm not sure where the vampires would hang. Perhaps when it tries to read the plant files for wood.

Edit - Okay, you'll get a rather predictable error when you're putting the scripts into the raw/objects folder. I can fix that one at least. In the meantime, don't put the scripts into the raw/objects folder.

I was just exacting to an empty folder. :-\

I assumed the scripts generated whole raws from thin air. So it was just me doing something dumb. 

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2014, 10:42:30 am »

Ah, no, the scripts need some help from the raws. But you did point me to something dumb I was doing, so that's good. I think I'll up the priority to get the GUI for the scripts up and running - that already makes it clearer that the scripts want the raw/objects folder.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2014, 01:42:29 pm »

Ah, no, the scripts need some help from the raws. But you did point me to something dumb I was doing, so that's good. I think I'll up the priority to get the GUI for the scripts up and running - that already makes it clearer that the scripts want the raw/objects folder.

These scripts are 100% awesome. Generated eight of the scariest vampires strains I've ever seen. I added some giant incest transformations and limited necro-power to one strain. Also lowered most durations:

[8-Vampire Strains & Hexes:]  http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=143540.msg5711257#msg5711257
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:47:09 pm by GM-X »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12