Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What kind of material-based creatures should be a priority to add?

Wooden golems (just made of wood)
- 2 (2%)
Tree creatures (supernaturally living, replacing hair and such with leaves)
- 32 (31.7%)
Other plant creatures
- 6 (5.9%)
Metallic golems (allowing all metals)
- 16 (15.8%)
Stone golems
- 8 (7.9%)
Glass golems
- 2 (2%)
Flesh/organ golems
- 15 (14.9%)
Blood/alcohol golems
- 11 (10.9%)
Magma creatures
- 9 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: [0.47.0X] [Python 2.7+] Random Raw Scripts - The stay frosty update  (Read 97348 times)

Nimbby

• Bay Watcher
  • One of Them
    • View Profile
Re: Random creature scripts
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2012, 11:11:48 pm »

Hey, I've been enjoying this mod so far, do you have any plans for an update knight? I'd also like to offer a suggestion, it would be cool if large or giant versions of the creatures from the random vermin generator could be created, although it might just be me wanting to fight giant worms and spiders.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2012, 11:34:54 am »

I'm not actively working on any updates for the scripts right now (when I'm not distracted, I'm mostly working on Direforged), though I have a number of ideas for the expansion of both. I've considered the giant versions, and I guess that they'd be easy to create with the extension of the creature variations from the sponsorship animals. I'm not sure if I should use a random sampling or giantify everything, but I'm leaning towards the former.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nimbby

• Bay Watcher
  • One of Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2012, 01:59:38 pm »

Okay! Thanks again for the scripts, noting what you said I'll be sure to check out Direforged soon.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2012, 07:51:05 am »

A small update for the Holidays. There are now giant vermin generated in the vermin script, along with leeches.

In the Beasts of Myth script, there are now three mythic "large cat" types - sphinxes, manticores, and griffons. There are also bear types now - bear, panda, ursine, and kerit (You might tell that I was a bit desperate for bear type names). Pandas are grazers, but don't exclusively eat bamboo yet.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2013, 03:44:15 pm »

Goodie! Any further plans for updates to this?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2013, 01:14:39 pm »

I'm sort of in the process of gutting and rewriting the scripts, which might end up looking a bit more pythonic, but hopefully also look cleaner, and be easier to update for new creature types (or maybe even additional scripts). As such, the next version for the next DF version might not have much in the way of new features, though if I remember, I'll try to add at least a new type of creature.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2013, 12:55:05 pm »

The new update for the scripts is done. You may notice that there's a subfolder now, including some shared stuff and some constants for each script. The scripts themselves also look quite different now. I'm not quite sure if they look better, though.

Anyway, some of the highlights of this release include -
  • Night creatures! Tikbalangs are spouse converters now, and there are werebeasts now as well.
  • Canine creatures! Hounds, wolves, foxes, and jackals.
  • Bovine creatures! The minotaur is joined by oxen, cows, cattle, bulls, and yaks.
  • Giant beasts! Following the giant vermin, there are now giant versions of a few beasts as well (though quite constrained).
  • More vermin types! Squirrels, scorpions, widows (spider type), roaches, weevils, butterflies, and moths.

Spoiler: Changelogs (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2013, 02:19:48 pm »

There was a pretty stupid bug that prevented (at least) firebreathing from being added to creatures, so there's a minor bugfix release to add it back in. Also there are a few more canine types, among them hell hounds, who'll usually have a fire breath (they are not usually found in the Underworld). The Random Vermin script hasn't changed beyond the removal of a debugging aid.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2013, 04:06:52 pm »

This is pretty awesome

Serpentine or lizards would be my request for a next category - I wanna get some Swords and Serpents goin' on here.

EDIT:  Just ran it

Lovin' it.  It only generated a single megabeast, and some creatures were very similar to others barring name (at least from basic pedia descriptions) but there's some real gold in there.

Some favorites:

What in Armok's name just happened here -
Code: [Select]
Squidwool ram
Size: 54000
A sheep-like animal of which only males are known to exist. The males have two horns on their heads. This creature has a beak and tentacles. It is prized for its wool. It is a grazer. It lives almost anywhere. It can live up to 18 years.

I wish mounts were implemented because I would tame this guy and ride around like a badass
Guild nightmare
Size: 689000
A large floating horse-like monster. It is a creature of evil. It lives almost anywhere. Its attacks are very powerful. It attacks with a dread venom. Its feet are blazing with fire. It can live up to 112 years.

It knows where you live.  It lives for centuries.  And it's ALWAYS HUNGRY
Wolf of starvation
Size: 124000
A very fast canine animal. It is a creature of evil. It can be trained for battle or for hunting. It savors the taste of flesh and bone. It lives almost anywhere. It is almost constantly hungry. It can live up to 640 years.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 11:04:16 pm by Thuellai »
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2013, 09:31:24 am »

Heh, thanks. Riding a nightmare would be a death sentence right now, though, thanks to the blazing hooves. So they're not ridable even for NPCs. Reptilian creatures could well feature in the next version of both scripts (I've already added lizards for the vermin script, along with newts, toads, and frogs and bees, wasps, and hornets), and the third script that's coming (more specialized, ke he he) also has scaled creatures.

Some strong similarities between creatures probably can't be avoided, at least not easily, but I'm sure I can improve on it with time (and added game features). There may be subtle differences between these creatures, but they'll probably just amount to color differences and material values right now.

And I forgot to mention, there's a small bug in the vermin script that will cause an superfluous language file to be in the raws folder - language_words_random_horse_myth.txt. Just the main raws folder though, not any save raws!
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2013, 01:31:33 pm »

I also got an adorable raccoon-sized sheep.

And a sheep that tracks deadly poison wherever it goes.

Anyway I'm looking forward to further development of this script, it's already really interesting and can only get better.  If you could include options to create a larger number of Megabeasts or Semimegabeasts (It already rejects creatures - a 'force X semi/megabeasts' is what I'm thinking) that would be nice, I love having rare, over-the-top monstrosities running around.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

~LegacyCWAL

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2013, 04:38:36 pm »

Requiring a number of (semi)megabeasts is easy enough - the script should already generate around eleven of them total. For the next version, I've changed it to ten semis and five megas. Actual options will probably have to wait until I make a GUI for the scripts, but that's something to keep in mind.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2013, 05:14:37 am »

Requiring a number of (semi)megabeasts is easy enough - the script should already generate around eleven of them total. For the next version, I've changed it to ten semis and five megas. Actual options will probably have to wait until I make a GUI for the scripts, but that's something to keep in mind.

If and when you do add a GUI, I definitely think an option to adjust the numbers of each 'class' of creature (domestic, wild, night, semi/megabeasts, above ground/underground) would be appreciated.  Honestly my only complaint is that my domestic creature options get kind of flooded, but it's not a huge deal and it gives me some different options.

I'll think about other things that could be variable settings as well.

~LegacyCWAL

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2013, 11:15:30 am »

Yeah, I might be going overboard with domestic goal creatures. I'll be testing the balance of the goals along with the new creature types I've added.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2013, 04:33:29 pm »

I appreciate it.  I've gotten some neat creatures out of the script and it's fun to watch how it mashes together species and modifiers to create creatures

My latest generation of the raws has TWO giant versions of already very large bears living underground.  I've got friggin' dragon-sized bears in my caves.  I can't wait to try and capture and domesticate them.

~LegacyCWAL
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12