Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210960 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 44: Of Rifts, Swamps, Snakes, and Sucky Healers.
« Reply #1470 on: April 24, 2012, 07:22:50 pm »

She found herself in a minor tight spot-Gunstun was larger than her, and he took longer steps. She couldn't quite manage a graceful float, like the Human women in the capital seemed to have mastered. She eventually settled for a nice skip-hopping motion, like she had done before. Fun!

Though Anthramarux wasn't cognizant of it, she had already internally switched 'personalities'-between the utterly sane, cold and logical Draconian mind, to that of a carefree, passionate (and fairly naive) young woman with the need for excitement and adventure. Both were the essence of Anthramarux, distinctly separate, but so intertwined she could not tell where one started and the other began...these forces, these feelings, would be contending with each other for the rest of Anthramarux's life.

Anthramarux skipped to Gunstuns's side, smiled, and airily motioned to the runners-speaking pleasantly.

"You manlings can move fast, it seems, when you put effort into it. Are these soldiers using some sort of magic to increase their speed, or is it merely willpower and discipline?"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 07:33:21 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: April 24, 2012, 09:01:17 pm »

Aleia observed the two creatures shouting at each other. So much noise! Why were they making so much noise?! Aleia would watch the creatures.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: April 24, 2012, 09:57:52 pm »

She found herself in a minor tight spot-Gunstun was larger than her, and he took longer steps. She couldn't quite manage a graceful float, like the Human women in the capital seemed to have mastered. She eventually settled for a nice skip-hopping motion, like she had done before. Fun!

Though Anthramarux wasn't cognizant of it, she had already internally switched 'personalities'-between the utterly sane, cold and logical Draconian mind, to that of a carefree, passionate (and fairly naive) young woman with the need for excitement and adventure. Both were the essence of Anthramarux, distinctly separate, but so intertwined she could not tell where one started and the other began...these forces, these feelings, would be contending with each other for the rest of Anthramarux's life.

Anthramarux skipped to Gunstuns's side, smiled, and airily motioned to the runners-speaking pleasantly.

"You manlings can move fast, it seems, when you put effort into it. Are these soldiers using some sort of magic to increase their speed, or is it merely willpower and discipline?"
Gunstun glances at them.

"Well, they aren't using magic, but I'm not sure running requires willpower, and I'm pretty sure nobody is training them to run."

As you run, you notice some men staring at you, others glancing at you before abruptly glancing away (in a seemingly "why did I just do that" way), and others ignoring you. Most of the women ignore you. Strange.

You eventually arrive at a three story stone building. Flags of what you presume is Isrand's national flag flutter vertically in the wind on both sides of the doors.

Gunstun knocks on the door.

"Who is it?" Someone right on the other side of the door shouts.

"Sir Gunstun. Rank: Captain."

"For the what?"

"For The People."

The door swings open. A infantryman in heavy armor is on the other side. Three more are sitting on three out of four chairs in the first room. They are also wearing heavy armor.

"Sir Gunstun. Do you need something?"

"I need to speak to Villius."

The infantryman simply nods and steps to the side. As you and Gunstun enter, one of the sitting infantrymen shouts "Damn!" as he throws paper cards down on a table. Another is smiling, while another covers his face with his two hands. The one that is smiling picks up all the gold coins on the table and puts it in a bag.

"Kayrin, don't tell me you went all in again..." The guard at the door says to the one that shouted.

"To be fair, Irris did spend 4 years of his life earning money simply by playing card games." Gunstun notes. The smiling infantryman--Irris--points both fingers at Gunstun and then makes a smug, winking grin.

You both head up two flights of stairs. Gunstun pants slightly as he reaches the top. He knocks on a door.

"Who is it?" A respectably-old voice responds.

"Gunstun. Villius, we've got to talk to you."

"Sure, come on in." The voice responds.

Gunstun opens the door, and enters. You enter too. Sitting in a chair is a man in his 40s and gray hair: Villius. He raises his eyebrows as he takes a glance at you, and smiles slightly.

"Now, what did you want to talk about?"

"We've found some bandits. Anthramarux can fill you in on the details." Gunstun gestures to you.

"Anthramarux...? Certainly a unique name. Tell me, Anthramarux, where are you from? Axlehand? Sharoon? The Sarduk Triumvirate? Maybe Hiatar?" He smiles, in a fatherly-ish way.

Aleia observed the two creatures shouting at each other. So much noise! Why were they making so much noise?! Aleia would watch the creatures.
You watch.

They continue screaming, before the new one jumps off and knocks down the first creature that was blocking you and runs after you with a net!
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: April 24, 2012, 11:53:02 pm »

Merysta made a sort of low, disappointed whine and slinked off to go explore while her mother was busy. Perhaps she would go look for that jasper; her mother didn't seem to have it on her, so it was probably left back in the main room. The young dragon headed back the way she had came to go search for it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: April 25, 2012, 12:46:16 am »

You are big enough to catch small game! go hunt something for mum
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: April 25, 2012, 04:10:27 am »

Anthramarux did a slight nod of her head. She surely felt something different from the General than she had others-it was not either feigned indifference (she was too vain to believe anyone could purposely ignore her), a sharp and hungry interest (which she enjoyed), or a shameful averting of eyes (which made her angry)-it was sort of protective, almost warm. She was distinctly reminded of her mother. Though there was certainly hunger there, as well, she thought.

"Ah, you could be mistaken so, General Villius.

I am, in fact, a member of this nation of Isrand-or, I was born here, at least. This Human guise I wear, masks that of a Dragoness-daughter of Talathraxis and Arzg'Razgoth. Like my Mother, I have taken the defense of this country into my own hands, so to speak.

Since Humans enjoy simple names, I will allow you to call me Mara, if you please."
she finished, smiling sunnily.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: April 25, 2012, 06:05:14 am »

'What kind of rock is it? Can I break it?'
Jaydenhal would try to figure out more about the rock before he did anything with it.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: April 25, 2012, 06:01:03 pm »

Aleia tried to escape from the creature. It had thrown something at her! Aleia didn't know what, why or why was she trying to get away, but a part of her said that if the creature catched her, bad things would happen. Aleia runs away from the creature. If she fails that, bite it's legs and try to run away again.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:12:59 pm by Lord Allagon »
Freaks.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: April 25, 2012, 06:07:06 pm »

Dude, it's not throwing the net at the moment. It's chasing after you with a net.

...and runs after you with a net!

In addition, the man dismounted. Biting the horse would do nothing.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: April 25, 2012, 06:13:12 pm »

((Ahh, I had not noticed that. Edited.))
Freaks.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1480 on: April 26, 2012, 04:58:23 am »

Not thinking too deeply on where the laughs came from Kin screams: "You think it's funny?! Try it yourselves!" He kept cleaning himself some more.

As soon as Kin got acceptably clean he tried to shake most of the water from his scales. Then he figured he should take a sort rest. Continuously walking on spongy ground and sticky mud did drain his strength. Hopefully he could find a somewhat firm ground to sleep on, otherwise he would have to rest by the lake.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: April 26, 2012, 05:19:41 am »

So, waiting until next turn?

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1482 on: April 26, 2012, 06:01:47 am »

Yes. At least for now.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: April 26, 2012, 03:54:40 pm »

You are big enough to catch small game! go hunt something for mum
You go out to look for something to hunt.

[5]: You stumble upon a fat rabbit. The only problem is, a rabbit isn't much to your mother considering she's one or two magnitudes larger than you.

You pounce on the rabbit [Agi:1][Rabbit Agi:1-1] extremely poorly as you smack into a rock with your face and bruise a leg bone on the ground. The rabbit doesn't even move, though, so it dies on impact.

Merysta made a sort of low, disappointed whine and slinked off to go explore while her mother was busy. Perhaps she would go look for that jasper; her mother didn't seem to have it on her, so it was probably left back in the main room. The young dragon headed back the way she had came to go search for it.
You head off back into the main room.

You then realize a problem: You don't know which way the stone rolled or how far.

It could take a while to find this thing.

Anthramarux did a slight nod of her head. She surely felt something different from the General than she had others-it was not either feigned indifference (she was too vain to believe anyone could purposely ignore her), a sharp and hungry interest (which she enjoyed), or a shameful averting of eyes (which made her angry)-it was sort of protective, almost warm. She was distinctly reminded of her mother. Though there was certainly hunger there, as well, she thought.

"Ah, you could be mistaken so, General Villius.

I am, in fact, a member of this nation of Isrand-or, I was born here, at least. This Human guise I wear, masks that of a Dragoness-daughter of Talathraxis and Arzg'Razgoth. Like my Mother, I have taken the defense of this country into my own hands, so to speak.

Since Humans enjoy simple names, I will allow you to call me Mara, if you please."
she finished, smiling sunnily.
"...You're a dragon?" He pauses for several seconds before shrugging, seemingly without surprise. "Well, there goes my image of you as a defenseless teenager. And to boot, you're the daughter of Talathraxis? Great." He rubs his forehead.

"Well, if you see your mother again, tell her I said hello and that she still owes me lunch. Long story. Anyway, we've butted heads many times in the past. Not so much anymore; I'm getting too old for it, though your mother of course is definitely still in a condition to butt heads. Damn you dragons and your long lifespan, you're making me feel older than I really am." He chuckles, almost sadly, but not quite.

"Anyway, I've grown a bad habit of rambling these last few years, so let's get back to business. You were here to talk about bandits, 'Mara'?" He queries, smiling slightly.

'What kind of rock is it? Can I break it?'
Jaydenhal would try to figure out more about the rock before he did anything with it.
You head up to the rock. It's very shiny--metallic--and white... Silver. It's a silver stone. A very heavy silver stone at that.

Aleia tried to escape from the creature. It had thrown something at her! Aleia didn't know what, why or why was she trying to get away, but a part of her said that if the creature catched her, bad things would happen. Aleia runs away from the creature. If she fails that, bite it's legs and try to run away again.
[Agi:5][Man Agi:6]: You run as fast as you can, but the man runs even faster! Sprinting down the path, you are caught in the net as he throws it at you point blank! You are unable to really get into a biting position with a net around your entirety.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: April 26, 2012, 05:57:12 pm »

Take it back to the cave and look for more, quantity can count
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 136