Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210905 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 44: Of Rifts, Swamps, Snakes, and Sucky Healers.
« Reply #1485 on: April 26, 2012, 06:36:19 pm »

Anthrmarux smiled in response, and ran a hand through her dark brown hair, parting one of the darker almost-purple locks (which roughly matched her scales, the perceptive would note)-one which had developed an annoying tendency to fall in front of her eye, blocking her vision. She considered it amazingly silly.

"Oh, General, you'll have to tell me one day. I so enjoy stories-romance, heroism, chivalry...maybe because it was always so strange to me, was why I find them was so intriguing.

And, I am glad to hear you're...hmm, good friends with my mother, I suppose. Or worthy adversaries. I suppose to comes to the same thing, but what would I know-being so young and defenseless."
She replied, more with a undercurrent of playfulness, than malice.

She looked to a nearby wall, where there was a rough map of Isrand. Anthramarux tapped the point where she knew the bandits were residing. She spoke, steadily and calmly, with measured cadence and practiced oration. Anthramarux really liked to talk, also.

"There. I counted about 40 bandits in the camp, well supplied, well led and with a deal of permanent construction. They shot me with arrows. Annoying. I have your healers to thank for attending to me, anyway.

I've been contracted by what might be safer for all us to refer to as a higher power-of a divine sort-to retrieve a certain item from the hoard, and return it to a place of worship. Secondary to that effect, will be killing them all, naturally-or arresting them, whatever you like.

While I could surely deal with them myself-eventually, over a few weeks or months-but I thought it might be nice to enlist your forces help. There's a better chance of me obtaining my goal, and considerably less danger to myself. On your end, a threat to the local area will be removed-permanently. Less chance of them escaping, too. I'd be force to run most of them off, and they'd just reform after I left. This way, we can reduce the camp to embers, and stamp out any chance of them returning to power. There's a great deal of hoarded loot, as I mentioned, as well-some of which, I might take if it passes my fancy-I am a Dragon-the rest can be distributed back to it's rightful owners, or back to Isrands coffers. I probably couldn't carry it all myself, anyway.

In a more tactical sense, why should we not? We clearly need to lay the groundwork for future strategic collaboration. I need to prove myself an ally and friend of Isrand-and you need to be able to trust me, one who will be residing and defending your land for many generations."
she stopped to take a breath.

"Thus, while I cannot promise we will not 'butt heads' in the future, this is a good as start as any, is it not? All that is required, is the will to act."
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:47:39 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: April 26, 2012, 07:40:54 pm »

Merysta swished her tail through the air a few times as she looked over her surroundings. Something red, she felt, ought to show up against the rock walls of the cave... but she didn't see it anywhere out in the open. Her mother hadn't gone back to the hoard to put it away, so that meant it was still in here. Therefore... it must be hidden! A stunning display of logic for such a young creature. The little dragon started looking for nooks and crannies that it might be in, thinking this was kind of fun.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 26, 2012, 09:38:55 pm »

Anonymity is good. Let no one expect you or fear you until it is too late. As for now, however, Cevitil was in an empty spot. All he could really do is wait and perhaps try to learn a bit more information, although the information gathering didn't work out too well before.

Inquire about what Spymasters do. For now, simply watch all proceedings as close as possible and wait.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 26, 2012, 09:48:55 pm »

Aleia tried to bite the net. If she is successful, run away again from the creature. If not, try to roar or something.
EDIT: Bolded my action.
Quote from: narhiril
Quote from: Putnam
Yes, they do not need booze, they can work entirely off of water.
Freaks.
Quote from: Kaplahworm
Quote from: Garath
I'm pretty sure he'd move diagonally if he could.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.
Quote from: Jake
I therefore wish rectal cancer on your senior management.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: April 27, 2012, 11:37:52 pm »

This will be the last miniturn ever created... today. HAH! Didn't see that coming, did you?!

...But yes, it will be the last miniturn until the next turn.

Take it back to the cave and look for more, quantity can count
You take it back to the cave. Your mother doesn't move much.

You go out and look for another. [2]: You find a thin rat. It spots you before you can make a move.

Anthrmarux smiled in response, and ran a hand through her dark brown hair, parting one of the darker almost-purple locks (which roughly matched her scales, the perceptive would note)-one which had developed an annoying tendency to fall in front of her eye, blocking her vision. She considered it amazingly silly.

"Oh, General, you'll have to tell me one day. I so enjoy your stories-romance, heroism, chivalry...maybe because it was always so strange to me, was why I find them was so intriguing.

And, I am glad to hear you're...hmm, good friends with my mother, I suppose. Or worthy adversaries. I suppose to comes to the same thing, but what would I know-being so young and defenseless."
She replied, more with a undercurrent of playfulness, than malice.

She looked to a nearby wall, where there was a rough map of Isrand. Anthramarux tapped the point where she knew the bandits were residing. She spoke, steadily and calmly, with measured cadence and practiced oration. Anthramarux really liked to talk, also.

"There. I counted about 40 bandits in the camp, well supplied, well led and with a deal of permanent construction. They shot me with arrows. Annoying. I have your healers to thank for attending to me, anyway.

I've been contracted by what might be safer for all us to refer to as a higher power-of a divine sort-to retrieve a certain item from the hoard, and return it to a place of worship. Secondary to that effect, will be killing them all, naturally-or arresting them, whatever you like.

While I could surely deal with them myself-eventually, over a few weeks or months-but I thought it might be nice to enlist your forces help. There's a better chance of me obtaining my goal, and considerably less danger to myself. On your end, a threat to the local area will be removed-permanently. Less chance of them escaping, too. I'd be force to run most of them off, and they'd just reform after I left. This way, we can reduce the camp to embers, and stamp out any chance of them returning to power. There's a great deal of hoarded loot, as I mentioned, as well-some of which, I might take if it passes my fancy-I am a Dragon-the rest can be distributed back to it's rightful owners, or back to Isrands coffers. I probably couldn't carry it all myself, anyway.

In a more tactical sense, why should we not? We clearly need to lay the groundwork for future strategic collaboration. I need to prove myself an ally and friend of Isrand-and you need to be able to trust me, one who will be residing and defending your land for many generations."
she stopped to take a breath.

"Thus, while I cannot promise we will not 'butt heads' in the future, this is a good as start as any, is it not? All that is required, is the will to act."
Villius taps the table for a few seconds. "And I thought I rambled." He smiles, for a few seconds, before becoming serious. "Gunstun, since you likely know each other more than anyone else, you'll take the 3rd Battalion and arrest those bandits. Failing that, make sure to come home with the fewest casualties possible. Am I understood?"

"The Third, sir?" Gunstun raises his eyebrows.

"Yes, the third. They need exercise, and a little mountain walk would get them back in shape." He smiles, somewhat jokingly-mean.

"I understand, sir, but... a battalion?"

"More chance of avoiding bloodshed if there's more men with you. And as I said, they need exercise. The order is final, Gunstun..." He apathetically raises his eyebrows.

Gunstun nods his head. "Isrand Rise, sir."

"Isrand Rise."

Both you and Gunstun leave the building. Before you leave, you notice two of the infantrymen that were playing cards punching another while the other one looks on. The infantryman by the door bits you goodbye as you leave, looking at the two fighting. Gunstun facepalms as he leaves.

Gunstun goes to the right side of the building (viewing from outside the entrance) and picks up a horn, and blows it. IT IS VERY VERY LOUD. After he blows it, he shouts out "Third Battalion, form up!"

Suddenly, everyone leaves the center of camp while about 500 men enter the center of camp and form up in lines. Some are awake and in their armor, some in partial armor. Others are just in clothes, while still others are in even less clothes and look very drowsy. Some appear thin and have pointy ears, others appear short with thick beards. Five men in high quality armor run out of a large building the left and stand up in front. One appears to be very short and with a thick beard, another very thin and with pointy ears.

Gunstun walks up and talks to the five men. "Tallisae, Jonric, Urec, Pallas, Lollard, we've got a bandit problem in the mountains. Guess who's up for the job? We've got a teenage dragon that will lead us to them. You've got ten minutes to get your men in gear. Am I understood?" He says, sticking his thumb backwards in your direction as he mentions you.

They all nod without question, taking a fairly apathetic glance at you before turning around and shouting orders at their men. Quite quickly, the nice line disintegrates as the men not in full armor run back to their tents while those in full armor pick up rations and supplies from a building to the right. Gunstun returns to you. "We'll follow you in ten minutes. Do you want a horse or are you going to turn back into a dragon again?"

Merysta swished her tail through the air a few times as she looked over her surroundings. Something red, she felt, ought to show up against the rock walls of the cave... but she didn't see it anywhere out in the open. Her mother hadn't gone back to the hoard to put it away, so that meant it was still in here. Therefore... it must be hidden! A stunning display of logic for such a young creature. The little dragon started looking for nooks and crannies that it might be in, thinking this was kind of fun.
You go looking for the rock. [Int:2]: You check a bunch of nooks and crannies, spending most of your time on those that slope ...upwards. Obviously, you haven't found it yet.

Aleia tried to bite the net. If she is successful, run away again from the creature. If not, try to roar or something.
EDIT: Bolded my action.
You try to bite the net. Considering it's a net, it's very hard for your teeth to bite down on anything. [Agi:1]: You get your horn stuck in the net in an awkward position, and do not make any progress in biting through the net. In fact, you likely have gotten yourself stuck. You roar, but your head is stuck pointing away from the creature so the creature is not scared.

The creature drags you to the larger creature that he rode and puts you on a bunch of wood boards. He also starts tying the wood to the larger creature. The first creature that you met is seemingly unconscious.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 28, 2012, 12:42:05 am »

Merysta blinked. What was she doing? She could just go find another! She trotted back to the hoard to find another red gem and perhaps nap near the treasure.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: April 28, 2012, 02:46:17 am »

Anthramarux nodded. "It will be easier for me to lead us from the air, but I can ride with you a short time. You'll have to give me a quick shake down on battlefield movement.

Also, we'll need a way to communicate with each other-unless you have some exotic mind talking magic, I'll need to see your banner, Gunstun-and It will be big enough, that I'll need to see it from above. That horn will be good for summoning me from the air, if you need me.

Now, sir, let me stretch my wings...be back in a moment, my love."
She said, curtsying and smiling.

With that, she shifts her form. Claws, wings, teeth.

A cloak of cold follows. Her thoughts become steady and ordered. She takes off, beating her wings furiously. It's not hard to mentally begin to plot the armies route. The timing is harder. 10 minutes isn't a term Dragons really conceive-they live too long. So, she forces herself to count. It's annoying, and it barely seems she's gotten off the ground before she has to go back down...

She recalled Tarrans exact instruction.

...three miles southeast of here. North side of a mountain. South of your mother's home...

'Here' being the shrine, at the top of the mountain, it would be easy to lead them.

Action: Lead the army to the bandit camp on the most direct route, making sure to heed any tactical advice Gunstun gives me on army movement-make sure to circle the army, looking out for threats, like bandit scouts, monsters, etc. Align myself with Gunstuns banner, so I can find him quickly if I need too.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 28, 2012, 10:54:44 am »

Aleia tried to get her horn unstuck. The net was too strong for her to break, so she just sat back and waited. Try to get horn unstuck, wait.
Freaks.
You would think that, but the guy thought encasing himself in fire was a good idea.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 28, 2012, 01:47:31 pm »

The net was too strong for her to break,
...No. It's quite easy for you to break.

It's just that, well, it's a net! Go look for a decently spaced net. One that you can stick your finger through or something even larger. Then try to imagine a dog trying to bite down on it. Imagine how difficult it is to get the teeth down squarely on even one section of net, let alone gnawing through it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: April 28, 2012, 01:50:16 pm »

I believe Allagon is just RP'ing his Dragon as a 'wait and observe' personality, instead of a berserker break out and kill everyone type.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:53:40 pm by Dwarmin »

Lord Allagon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: April 28, 2012, 01:52:27 pm »

@Tarran: I believe Allagon is just RP'ing his Dragon as a 'wait and observe' personality, instead of a berserker break out and kill everyone type.
Freaks.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: April 28, 2012, 01:53:02 pm »

RPing on that excuse is basically the same as if someone tries breaking down a wooden door but misses and hits the wall, and roleplays leaving the door alone to the door being "too strong" for them. Which is not true.

It's not like you can't RP that your character can't bite down on the net instead. But of course, you're free to roleplay as you wish, I'm just pointing out that it's untrue.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:58:33 pm by Tarran »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: April 28, 2012, 01:57:10 pm »

Well, it doesn't matter what his reasons are...

He could just as easily decide breaking out of net means the guy beats him over the head with a hammer, since he's standing right over there. He needs some reason for his dragon to be patient, and just because the net is breakable doesn't mean Aleia believes she can break it. :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: April 28, 2012, 03:12:29 pm »

Observe mysterious shapes from hiding. And a safe distance.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: April 29, 2012, 10:16:41 am »

'Silver...' thought Jaydenhal. 'I wonder if I could do something with this?'

Jaydenhal would attempt to break a small part of the boulder so that he could take some with him.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 136