Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210825 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 41: Massive Trees, Dragon Parents, Bluff Success.
« Reply #1350 on: April 02, 2012, 03:18:36 pm »

Also, shame I haven't played Nethack. :-\
Play it or I'll start bringing in Nethack monsters to kill you horribly because you don't know their counter. >:P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: April 02, 2012, 03:19:22 pm »

Quick, get me a magic marker and a T-shirt!  The fate of the world depends on it!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: April 02, 2012, 03:22:10 pm »

Play it or I'll start bringing in Nethack monsters to kill you horribly because you don't know their counter. >:P
duh, i have this nice wiki in case you do that, also NOOOOOT played it.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: April 02, 2012, 03:22:31 pm »

PLEASE GOD DONT!!! I cant even make it to the artifact quest in nethack.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: April 02, 2012, 03:24:55 pm »

One more question before I post my charactersheet for waitlisting. Tarran, If I post it so that I am kin to Semakhet, would you feel comfortable to make up a situation where i was in the egg all this time?
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: April 02, 2012, 03:31:09 pm »

duh, i have this nice wiki in case you do that, also NOOOOOT played it.
Cheater. Pumpkin eater. Pants on fire.

PLEASE GOD DONT!!! I cant even make it to the artifact quest in nethack.
:D

One more question before I post my charactersheet for waitlisting. Tarran, If I post it so that I am kin to Semakhet, would you feel comfortable to make up a situation where i was in the egg all this time?
You mean twin sister? No, that's not possible. Semakhet would be many years older than you. If you had stayed in your egg for that long, you'd without a doubt be dead as there's not enough food in the egg to last that long.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: April 02, 2012, 03:35:29 pm »

You mean twin sister? No, that's not possible. Semakhet would be many years older than you. If you had stayed in your egg for that long, you'd without a doubt be dead as there's not enough food in the egg to last that long.
I wasn't thinking of a twin, and i am male. . . . . . . . Give me a second to fix this up.

Spoiler: Vapor (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:44:38 pm by zomara0292 »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: April 02, 2012, 03:36:50 pm »

I wasn't thinking of a twin, and i am male. . . . . . . . Give me a second to fix this up.
Then... what did you mean?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: April 02, 2012, 03:41:56 pm »

Then... what did you mean?

It really doesnt matter, the whole fact that the egg would not hold enough food answered my question.

And my sheet was edited.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:45:08 pm by zomara0292 »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 42: Getting In Trouble, The Strange Goblet.
« Reply #1359 on: April 04, 2012, 11:18:15 pm »

I appolo

Sorry, too lazy to apologize for the late turn. :P

Or maybe this isn't late if you count the miniturns as turns. Your mileage may vary.

Thank the woman, before heading south-east one tile to find SOMETHING to practise my new magic spells on.
You head south, there's a thin forest around a large mountain range.

There's plenty of targets, ranging from rocks to bushes to trees to animals. You really need to specify more specifically, because there's a LOT of potential things to practice on.

Kin now regretted he had left his parents lair. Sure, he would get a yelling now and then from his father and a look of dislike from his mother but it were at the very least warmer and food was overflowing. Maybe he should return. Naaah.
Kin decided to talk a bit more to John. "Do you know of any settlement that would enjoy having a dragon as a neighbor?"

If John has any direction Kin will take the first one otherwise he will start flying back and from there start his journey north.
"Well, I'm not sure. None of the Iberian towns are in huge danger. And some are not very friendly to dragons. The Westerners like and have had good luck with you dragons but don't specifically seem to want any more of you. The Kobolds to the south are scared witless by your kind. The Israndi are a mixed bag. The Hiatari do their damnedest to kill your kind on sight. The Grathosi don't trust your kind. The Othi don't trust your kind a whole lot. The Solarians feel threatened to your kind. And the Rihosians deeply dislike your race because of your race's bad history with them. In other words, nobody specifically wants a neighbor that could inflict significant destruction and pain on them. There could be others further east that I do not know about that may want a dragon neighbor, but most of the central or western nations do not like your kind."

So, you head back to your home and fly north until you're too tired to fly anymore. You are over a swamp.

Tired: Cannot fly for 3 turns.

Antharmarux sneers.

"To the death, then."

Action: Spray a wide angle of acid at my foes to try and cover my escape-the intent is to blind, maim or disorient, not kill outright.

Take off flying-make sure to do so evasively to dodge missile projectiles.

Retreat from the camp.

You spray a wide angle of acid at the group.

[Leader Agi:2][Average Melee Agi:1][Average Ranged Agi:2][Mage Agi:1]: The gods clap as your acid smothers the various bandits, incapacitating basically all them.

Then there's the outer patrols and the guys who just left the buildings.

Initiative: Antharmarux, then Additional Bandits, then Outer Patrol.

You kick your wings into gear and fly like the dickens. The bandits that came out of the building got no chance to get you, and part of the outer patrol only manages one volley.

[Agi:2-1][Bandit 1 Agi:1+1][Bandit 2 Agi:5][Bandit 3 Agi:5+1]: You don't even notice the arrows coming as you fly in a straight line. One hits your tail, another your chest near your lungs, and another your neck.

[4 out of 1d4][1 out of 1d4][4 out of 1d4]: The first arrow strikes you hard in the tail, nearly ripping it off. The second embeds itself in a rib but otherwise does little damage. The one that hit your neck, however, nearly blocks your throat as it embeds itself through your neck.

You'll likely need to get those arrows out soon, or you'll likely have a high chance of infection. On the other hand, removing the arrows could result in bleeding and possible infection if not covered.

At least you're alive, dear god you cannot imagine what would have happened if all those bandits had fired...

-9 HP.

Jaydenhal looked out from his hiding place. Okay, they don't have the same color as he did, but they may be able to help him.

Jaydenhal would come out of hiding.
You leave the hiding place. The two dragons look at you, then at each other. They say some things that you don't understand.

"Is he..." The first one says in a feminine voice.

"He has to be." The second one says in a masculine voice.

The first bends down on it's first two legs and looks at you closely in the eyes, sticking it's face right in front of you.

"I... understand father" go outside and pluck an branch off an tree and shove it in, or find some water to place in the horn
You go outside and pluck a branch off a tree and shove it in. It does nothing.

You place water in the horn. It does nothing.

Hm...

Cevitil attempts to pass the time exploring the city, and is possible doing helpful, menial tasks for people. Try to make some contacts, friends (as much as a dragon can have relations with humans, anyway), and don't show ill intent. Or try not to.
You attempt to pass the time and do menial tasks for people. And try to make friends. Unfortunately, the Grathosi won't trust your kind that easily, not within that timeframe, so you do not make any friends or contacts. You at least keep yourself fed by your menial tasks.

The day comes. The Duke and Baron enter the city and head to the castle. Many villagers and many guards are around them. [Int:6] It is far, far too dangerous to attack them here and now unless you want to become a pincushion. And the Spymaster is nowhere to be found.

+2 Int.

Merysta slept for all of two hours, then woke up and went back to more formally meet her mother. Hopefully she would also be taught the fundamentals of speech, so she could communicate as well.
You sleep for two hours, then you wake up and look for your mother. Unsurprisingly, she's in the same room.

She walks over to you as you walk over to her. Hopefully she'll teach you speech. ...At your day of birth. Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this picture?

Regardless, she does not, in fact, teach you speech. Not that you could even learn it this young!

"Merysta, surely you must be hungry?" She pets your head. You can't understand her. Still, your stomach growls.

Curl up and go to sleep, hope things get better
You curl up and go to sleep.

You wake up a few hours later. Things are still not better. You're now hungry.

Your mother barely recovers for many months and you live a fairly slow life. But you are not dead yet, so that's a plus. Years pass, and you become a child! (refer to turn 5 for changes)

[6]: One day, your mother comes in with a strange goblet. However, she looks rather... sick.

Fly a tile south. Search for intelligent thingies there.
You get up and fly south. You're still pretty tired: Near your limit.

[6]: You find a massive village to the south.

Unfortunately, they're shouting angrily, or perhaps frightened. You cannot tell. And was that a Magic Missile that just flew by your face?!

Obviously these people have had problems with dragons before. You'll have to tread lightly.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahra: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolfchild: Ramoth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: April 05, 2012, 01:20:14 am »

Anthramarux was hurt-she was mad...but her mind was clear.

She took stock of her options.

Quick-Action: Thinking/What are my chances of flying back to mothers cave, or the Human army camp? How far away are they?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: April 05, 2012, 02:07:04 am »

Although she doesn't understand what Gwairen said, Merysta makes a low whining sound to indicate that she is, indeed, hungry. This is further aided by the fact that she spots an old human femur on the ground and tries to gnaw on it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: April 05, 2012, 03:09:55 am »

Raikonai landed heavily. He was tired, but more importantly hoped an impressive landing would convey both nonhostility and superiority.

In that vein of thought, he then began stalking forward, stance arrogant, expression disdainful. He wasn't sure what these things' problem was, but if this didn't convey that they should shut up and address their better politely, he'd probably just have to enslave them all by force.

Well, it was good to have long-term goals.

"So, not feeling talkative?" he bellowed, advancing casually and arrogantly. "Where's that mage?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: April 05, 2012, 03:44:31 am »

Anthramarux was hurt-she was mad...but her mind was clear.

She took stock of her options.

Quick-Action: Thinking/What are my chances of flying back to mothers cave, or the Human army camp? How far away are they?
Yes, you could definitely make it. It would hurt like hell, but a tail wound and a non-fatal neck wound from arrows aren't enough to stop even a teenage dragon.

Although she doesn't understand what Gwairen said, Merysta makes a low whining sound to indicate that she is, indeed, hungry. This is further aided by the fact that she spots an old human femur on the ground and tries to gnaw on it.
You start gnawing on the femur. It... doesn't taste good. It's been bathed in stomach acid before being thrown up.

Your mother sees that as a sign. "Wait here." she says, leaving the cave and flying off.

Raikonai landed heavily. He was tired, but more importantly hoped an impressive landing would convey both nonhostility and superiority.

In that vein of thought, he then began stalking forward, stance arrogant, expression disdainful. He wasn't sure what these things' problem was, but if this didn't convey that they should shut up and address their better politely, he'd probably just have to enslave them all by force.

Well, it was good to have long-term goals.

"So, not feeling talkative?" he bellowed, advancing casually and arrogantly. "Where's that mage?"
"I am here." An old man in robes walks out of the crowd. He certainly doesn't look like much. [Int:1]: In your arrogance, you deem that the only thing that matters is that he looks old and weak. "What, do you want, dragon, that your kind has not already tried--and failed--to take from us?" He says, shouting.

You notice the mage is not alone. One and a half dozen warriors stand in steel or iron armor with armaments of equal quality behind the mage; three dozen hunters and villagers stand with bows and crossbows ready behind them; two apprentice mages stand to the side of their master; a half dozen warriors in leather armor guard the flanks; and the rest of the adult population of this village--at least two dozen people--stand with pitchforks, poorly armed but determined to stand their ground.

Wow, these people definitely have had problems in the past with your kind. Or at the very least they're extremely defensive and disciplined.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: April 05, 2012, 03:51:47 am »

"Bleh!" Merysta spit the nasty-tasting bone out and gave it a sullen look. It took a few moments for her to notice that her mother was gone. She made a few pathetic, hopeful whining sounds to see if it would bring her back, but when that failed to happen she started looking around again. This time she went into the room with the oddly colored rocks to examine a few, specifically looking for pretty ones. She had yet to know what colors were called, but she felt partial to the one that looked like what she could see of her scales.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 136