Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210765 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Alright, here's the turn. From now on, no schedule on when a turn will be made.

Explore the mountainous region to the west of my home.
You fly west.

[5][5][4]

You stumble upon a mountain that seems to be snowing and raining, even though the area around them is cloudless and the mountain is low. The rain leads to fantastic steep multilevel waterfalls. Between the waterfalls lies a shrine. The waterfalls eventually lead together and arrive at a lake which seems unusually warm for this land.

Next to it on another mountain lies the ruins of a castle next to a sharp cliff.

"Ah, I see. So if were to say this it would surely convert the altar for Grandar?"

Kin thanked the priest and headed back once again towards his altar to convert it. He really hoped this wouldn't be for naught.
"Yes, if he deems it worthy or appropriate to convert."

You fly back home to your unaligned altar.

Jaydenhal would Flee around the cave, trying to stay away from the bear. He would also look around the cave as he fled for anything that could work to his advantage.
[Agi:4+1][Bear Agi:5-1]: You barely stay ahead the bloodthirsty bear as you run around the cave. You flinch away from a claw aimed at your chest.

You look around the cave for something that may help you. [Int:4]: Not much can help you. There are some places that you might be able to hide in, but you cannot tell their depth. There are plenty of loose pillars in large rooms, but the roofs seem very stable.

+1 Agility.

... well thats a waste of time, i wonder where i came from Walk towards the closest mountain
You walk towards the nearest mountain.

As it turns out, it is not the right mountain.

In fact, you spend a lot of your remaining time as a baby looking for your home. [4] But you get lucky, and of course father finds you... after several days.

You spend the rest of your... babyhood(?) years with your father in your home. You are now a child. Refer to turn 5 for roleplaying and other changes.

[5]: One day, father comes home with a strange looking horn.

Dig under the monolith if possible
You attempt to dig underneath the monolith for whatever reason.

You dig a decent hole but stop before halfway to prevent your fingers from being crushed.

Fly northwest one more time. If possible, get a grandiose view of the surrounding not-mountains.
You fly northwest over forests. Getting a grandiose view of the forest. Whatever that means.

You find yourself over a lake, and somewhat tired. You wonder if going northwest further is a bad idea, because you might tire yourself out and drown in the water. So you pause and consider.

"Well then... how about some practical applications then? Like a basic offensive spell, or something..." Varkonis managed to sound... sheepish, at his lack of knowledge in the subject, while waiting eagerly for any response.
"Sure, here's one."

You have learned Basic Heat Wave: Raises temperature of target by 100 degrees for several seconds.

Keep track of it yourself, I'm not really interested in keeping track.

Jargon snorts a bit. "Hello." The sarcasm drips from his voice. Jargon has been thinking in overdrive, trying to figure out a way to get back at him for the 'weaker' comment. His dragon pride is at stake here. The big red obviously expects him to argue or lie or something, so that's no good. Doing anything now would just make Jargon look petty, so as much as he hated the idea, he kept quiet. For now...

Choke back the anger and irritation and say nothing more to the step father for now.

You say "hello" in a sarcastic voice.

Much to the surprise of the red dragon, you hold back your anger.

"...Well, Jargon, Kelonix is going to be your new father. I do hope you two get along."

Both you and your new father look at your mother in a weird way. She says nothing.

"Well, I'm going to sleep. It's tiring flying across Grathos." your father says as he leaves your side and goes down a hall.

"Goodnight dear."

Cevitil flies the rest of the way toward Anvanar, thinking about the three men he must find. If he arrives there and is not tired, attempt to discover information about the King's Feast and the three men.

He remembered what Grathos had said; he simply had to fly over them and shout Grathos' name. But one of them, the Spymaster, might have the blessing of a god himself. A goddess of Thieves, or god of Violent Crimes... Cevitil frowned. He didn't like the sound of those gods.
You start to fly over Anvanar...

"Stop, dragon! State your business!" a man on the wall shouts out.

Action: Anthramarux flies off to scout out the bandit base from the air
You fly over the bandit camp and scout it out.

It's relatively unorganized, with no walls and no meaning for the placement of the buildings. There are at least a couple dozen bandits, most are aware, considering that two are sparring very violently. There's a very real chance that they'd see you if you came any closer.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ironyowl: Raikonai (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Haika: Jargon the Sly (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ahra: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wolfchild: Ramoth (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Jetex1911: Jaydenhal (click to show/hide)

Large information dump:
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Hm, investigate the shrine.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

"Father, where does that horn come from? and how did you get it?"
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

((Whoops, I went too far. I blame suspect location tracking. Or traveling faster over open terrain than mountains. Hm.))

Raikonai snorted. A lake wasn't really a proper place for a dragon's lair, but it had it's advantages. Among them, it seemed a bit on the unusual and exotic side, which he liked. A dragon who owned a lake? Yes, that could do...

Of course, the reason a lake wasn't a proper place for a dragon's lair was that there weren't many caves. Once he had an army of slaves he could simply build himself a grand palace or somesuch, but in the meantime he needed a hole to sleep and store treasures in.

Search for a suitable home near the lake. Ideally, I think a hollow among the roots of a great tree would be preferable, but a cave, hill I could burrow into, or even just an unusually dense stand of trees could suffice for now.

If I find anything, take preliminary steps to make it more liveable, be that digging it into existence in the first place or just cleaning it out a bit.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Kin started the ritual to convert the altar into one of Gandar's using the knowledge he gained from the priest.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Search for People (dragons or humans), but be careful
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mini turn!

Hm, investigate the shrine.
You fly around the shrine.

It is made out of marble, and it is open to the outside.

On closer inspection, it appears that underneath the roof of the shrine it is snowing.

"Father, where does that horn come from? and how did you get it?"
"Hm? Oh, I found it in an opened chest in a cave. I just opened it. I think some adventurer looted the place. Left only this horn. How typical of humans to leave anything that doesn't look good behind. This horn is magical somehow, but I don't know how.

Kin started the ritual to convert the altar into one of Gandar's using the knowledge he gained from the priest.
You say Grandar's sacred words/whatever...

The altar glows in a brilliant gray for a few seconds, and... nothing else happens. Though you feel a presence watching you, waiting... Impatiently.

Search for People (dragons or humans), but be careful
You look around the immediate area for people...

...But none are around.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Land inside and take a peek around.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Arent you supposed to blow it, or am i thinking of another instrument again?"
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Arent you supposed to blow it, or am i thinking of another instrument again?"
((Another? I don't think that dragons would teach music to their children.

Anyway, I'm thinking we've got different ideas of what horn we're talking about. The kind I'm thinking of is, you know, an actual horn.))
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 02:08:15 am by Tarran »

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

Kin looked around the altar, sensing the watching presence. Finding nothing he tried: "Hello?" He then tried to think of what a god of justice would like. Some precious metal maybe?

Kin put a few of the smallest pieces of precious metal on the altar, offering them under the name of Gandar.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Look furthur
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Got it)) Do you have any idea what kind of animal would have that horn?
Quite fucked indeed.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile

Jaydenhal would try to lose the bear, hiding inside whatever hiding place he believed would be safest.  He would also scream for rescue, surely his Parents HAVE to be close by?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 07:20:54 pm by jetex1911 »
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He would also hope for rescue.
((Hint: You should probably scream for help. Your parents likely don't even know you're out of your egg.))
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 136