Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210208 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 16: Jerkass fathers, Kinslayer, moar exploration.
« Reply #375 on: October 29, 2011, 04:28:21 pm »

Ah, I see now. Thanks for clearing that up.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #376 on: October 29, 2011, 05:16:20 pm »

"I'll bring you the metal, but don't expect more."

Kin ran for the mountain before his father could put him down. "Time for another hunt."

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 29, 2011, 10:06:10 pm »

Claw her again
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 16.5: Kinslayers never prosper.
« Reply #378 on: October 29, 2011, 11:40:32 pm »

Combat Turn: Scientia Addo VS Nelar: Turn 2.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
"That was for mother you bitch, and this is for me!"

Slice his wings off.
Claw her again
Nelar tries her luck again, and swings her hand at her sister. [Nelar Agi:6+1-1][Scientia Agi:3+1+1][Difference: 1, no bonus][4 damage out of 3d2, divide by two, 2 damage] She gets a lucky hit, even as the gods try to prevent the strike. The cut merely grazes her sister, though, causing a small amount of bleeding in Scientia's front left leg.

Scientia retaliates. [Scientia Agi:4+1+1][Nelar Agi:2+1-1][Difference: 4, +50% damage][Weap integrity:5][Dam: 7 out of 4d3, then +1d3-1 damage from ALL offensive magic schools, total rolls minus resistances give +4 damage. TOTAL: 11 damage!] Scientia aims for her sister's wings, and throws another swing. The gods guide her hand, not to her sister's wings, but her sister's head. Scientia swiftly cuts off her sister's wings, then... cuts her sister's head off...

Nelar has died!

Spoiler: Nelar (click to show/hide)

Combat ends.

Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)

Well, there goes Elf. ...Not much else I can think of saying, really.

Oh, and Dermonster, just a note: due to all this trauma, both physical and mental, don't expect to be unscathed the next time you advance a life stage. You're going to have a lot of problems next life stage.

Overall, this was a lose/lose situation. Good job Elfeater.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 29, 2011, 11:44:04 pm »

Thank you elf >.>

Huzzah I'm not dead, and that's what matters!

Throw the body out of the cave. Bury the sword, thank deities for their assistance and attempt to pry out this arrow. Keep a lot of cloth at hand for possible bleeding.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 11:45:44 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 30, 2011, 12:06:27 am »

I wasnt enjoying it that much and wanted it to end... I didnt mean to kill our mother btw
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 30, 2011, 12:11:56 am »

I didnt mean to kill our mother btw

Tell that to the torture Demons. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 30, 2011, 12:40:45 am »

Name: Raikonai
Body:
  Head: Very Rough
  Horns: Large Horns
  Claws: Long Claws
  Scale Color: Black
  Body length: Long
  Spine stiffness: Standard
  Tail: Long
  Breath: Fire
Stats:
  Strength: 65   (+5 Tail, +10 Gender)
  Agility: 35   (-5 Tail, -5 Length, -5 Gender)
  Intelligence: 55   (-5 Gender, +10 Bonus)
  Toughness: 65   (+5 Length, +10 Gender)
  Charisma: 70   (+5 Head, +5 Horns, +5 Color, -5 Gender, +10 Bonus)
Roleplaying:
  Personality: Ambitious, creative, greedy, controlling
  Mother background: Saikar the Blind, an ancient worshipper of some horror unknown to the waking world. Her eye sockets are shrouded in darkness, suggesting that she may not have eyes, but she doesn't seem particularly vision impaired. She's known for receiving visions in her sleep, though never of anything pleasant, so the particularly desperate or deranged sometimes seek her out. She's also rumored to have dark powers granted by her patron, but with a dragon of her age and power it can be hard to tell.
  Father background: Shakarai, a deranged necromancer living in a tower full of horrors. He spends most of his time polymorphed into a human, for better fine manipulation of his test subjects, and values magical knowledge and eldritch power above all else. He's widely feared as a peerless necromancer lord in either form.

Now to read over the thread, so I know what's going on. >_>
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 30, 2011, 01:27:28 am »

Alright, so I only read some of it. Seems fairly tame for the most part, but I do approve of the level of magical experimentation going on.

But! I did toss a little rat at one of the strange color orbs I found. I was curious! But, I was careful, like you taught me to be.
Again with the orbs. Dwarmin, THERE ARE NO ORBS, THOSE WERE CRYSTALS. Like, raw crystals. I did not mention orbs.
ORBS FTW
Also, this greatly amused me for some reason.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 30, 2011, 01:58:08 am »

Alright, so I only read some of it. Seems fairly tame for the most part, but I do approve of the level of magical experimentation going on.
What you aren't seeing is the true lethality of it. Everyone's been getting pretty good rolls, much to my disappointment. :| I would've really been smiling if Dwarmin's bracelet was not only a bad item, but a cursed bad item. However, the RNG is being a goddamn jerk and not letting me (or maybe even us if you guys like seeing someone in pain) have any fun.

In addition, Tal could've gotten a MUCH worse effect from walking into the distorted room. A much, much worse effect. Sadly, the RNG only made him have a minor inconvenient status effect.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 30, 2011, 02:04:47 am »

Everyone's been getting pretty good rolls, much to my disappointment. :| I would've really been smiling if Dwarmin's bracelet was not only a bad item, but a cursed bad item. However, the RNG is being a goddamn jerk and not letting me (or maybe even us if you guys like seeing someone in pain) have any fun.
You should totally do a roguelike RTD. :P

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 30, 2011, 02:22:11 am »

That's a horrifically... good idea. Unfortunately, I'm unable to be cruel like that. I just... plain can't, I don't have it in me.

I also wouldn't play it for the same reason why I can barely tolerate roguelikes: I hate dying. I don't know why I just hate dying, I just do.

But you should totally make it anyway since you thought of it. :P

And because you don't have an active RTD at the moment. I don't have that luxury.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 30, 2011, 02:48:56 am »

Oh, the cruelty part's easy. Just have deceased players do all the heavy lifting for you: When slain, players arise as some horrifying, twisted shadow of their former selves, who can only find peace (meaning rejoin the waiting list) by slaughtering their former comrades (who were probably more like rivals anyway). :P

As for me doing it, that sounds like a good idea, but I'm currently planning a Dwarf Fortress-style game. It takes more planning than I'd thought. :-\

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 31, 2011, 03:38:19 pm »

A: Whatever I choose, B: Less than in Dwarmin's RTD, C: Equal to Dwarmin's RTD, or D: More than in Dwarmin's RTD?

Alpha, always. Hell, I was intending to be a Broken Paladin type on Dwarmin's, might as well go a wee bit darker on this one.

Eat my eggshell to absorb the organometallic calcite based composite that Dragon eggs are apparently made of.

(Hey, you said you abhorred non-spec actions)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 31, 2011, 03:46:15 pm »

A: Whatever I choose, B: Less than in Dwarmin's RTD, C: Equal to Dwarmin's RTD, or D: More than in Dwarmin's RTD?

Alpha, always. Hell, I was intending to be a Broken Paladin type on Dwarmin's, might as well go a wee bit darker on this one.
Just for clarification, does Alpha mean A? Because you kinda sound like you prefer D based on what you're saying. Alpha, to me and with your sentence at the end, could be taken as "Alpha Male" or "Hardest" or something like that.

(Hey, you said you abhorred non-spec actions)
You're trying to troll me (in a friendly way), aren't you? >_>
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 136