Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210071 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 6: Half hitpoints, half damage, Final Dragination.
« Reply #195 on: September 05, 2011, 11:48:32 am »

!!Huggs!! as a gift
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2011, 11:52:17 am »

Happy birthday!

Everyone gets +1 to rolls! :3
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2011, 12:58:46 pm »

*insert Happy Birthday music* Happy Birthday Tarran. Hope it's a good one? :P
Here's hoping.

Everyone gets +1 to rolls! :3
...No. Unless you're willing to take a -2 penalty or something for them. >:D

Anyway, thanks everyone. As empty of feelings words are, they mean a almost-significant amount to me. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2011, 01:10:48 pm »

Oh, that would explain why everyone is in a good mood. Happy B-Day Tarran!

Now, where's that cake. :I
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2011, 01:18:35 pm »

It's on my profile page.

You can't have it. :P

Anyway, friend is here, will be playing for a while, see you all later.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 7: All yer gold. Four 3s. Wing disintegration.
« Reply #200 on: September 08, 2011, 03:03:14 pm »

Right, sorry it took so long. It was more the result of laziness than overworking, though.

Tactical retreat!

Run away!

[3+1]: You make a very good getaway and run a large distance from the cave entrance.

Your mother stares down the entrance, as several humans line up in the entrance. 4 armed with bows, 2 armed with long pikes, and one with a flaming sword.

The one with the flaming sword walks in front of the group. "Give us all yer gold or we'll take it by force."

[Mother bravery: 3]: She looks undecided. She's constantly looking at the treasure room, then back at the men.

"Little ones, how about we do it this way: Mother goes to that corner over there, and you show us to the treasure room?"

You have no idea if he plans to kill you or not.

No stat changes.

(All of my good luck seems to be in the other dragon thread >.>)
Call for mom quickly. Owowow.
[6]: You scream at near ear-shattering levels. Mother comes rushing.

"WHAT'S WRONG?! ...Oh, your wing. I thought you were in serious trouble. Hold still, dear."

[Mother Int: 1]: Your wing partially disintegrates into bloody clouds. Just the top layers, though. It hurts you. Your mother looks horrified. "Uhh... uhh... dear, dear, I can fix that, I..."

Your wing isn't in sharp pain anymore, just numb-ish pain. Blood loss has been accelerated, and you are partially alarmed.

Stat changes=-3 HP.

Anthramarux wondered they just didn't *ask* for the statue back! If they wanted if, they could have it-just leave mother alone!

She begins creeping toward the treasure room.

Hopefully mother would know what to do...sure, treasure was shiny, but did everyone to kill each other over it?

Now that she thought of it-would Mother even try and run? What if she liked that shiny more than her...who knows what could happen...

Anthramarux sneaks back to the treasure room to alert her mother-try to emphasize the mens armor and weaponry-simple words like MEN, POINTY, TOUGH, BIG and MEAN.

If mom is too proud to back down, try to emphasize her life (and by extension my own) are worth more than a single piece of treasure, and to just let them have it-words like I LOVE YOU, RUN!, NOT WORTH IT, DONT LEAVE ME ALONE MAMA

You jump down from your hole as silently as you can. [Agi: 3-1] Oh god your agility is horrible. You need to go on a less fat-ridden diet. Or something. You hit the floor in the loudest way possible. Attracting the immediate attention of the humans.

"Hey, there's a spawn of the creature!" "Let it go. We're not here for it."

[Agi: 3-1]: You stumble run to the treasure room. Horribly. Mother looks confused.

[Int: 3+2]: "...Mommy! Bad... tough Heroes with... sharp things!" Mother gets up. "MOMMY NO DON'T!" She looks at you.

Down the hall, you hear: "Well, which hallway should we go down?" [Choice: 3, good god stop it with the 3s] "Maybe this one?" "Yeah, let's go down this one." You hear footsteps in the distance, going away.

Mother looks somewhat intent on attacking. But seems stalled by your panicking. [6] You can see the thing they want right in front of you. Mother, however, can also see it.

Stat changes are -2 Agility for those double 2s on agility. Also, that's a lot of 3s.

Poke and prod the transparent rock, in hopes to elicit a reaction.
You poke and prod the transparent rock. Nothing happens. It's a rock for god's sake.

The rock is about the size of your hand, which is pretty large.

The rock is extremely tough.

Perhaps you should ask your father about what this is?

Stat changes=0.

Help my family in the fight!
You run up to the rest of your family in their defense.

Your mother stares down the entrance, as several humans line up in the entrance. 4 armed with bows, 2 armed with long pikes, and one with a flaming sword.

The one with the flaming sword walks in front of the group. "Give us all yer gold or we'll take it by force."

[Mother bravery: 3]: She looks undecided. She's constantly looking at the treasure room, then back at the men.

"Little ones, how about we do it this way: Mother goes to that corner over there, and you show us to the treasure room?"

You have no idea if he plans to kill you or not.

No stat changes.

Ask father what I can do to help.
"Nothing you can do, my son." He gets up. "Me and mommy will deal with them. Hopefully."

[6-1]: All remains quiet. Though you doubt it will for long...

Save him, of course! If I die or get wounded, so be it.
[Str: 6]: You yank the plant and man up at Olympic strengths. The man appears somewhat shocked at your strength. He honestly didn't expect you to do that well.

"Oh, oh, oh my friend, Innahar bless you. The ground just fell and... I would've died!" He hugs you.

"Ahh, ah yes. About what I'm doing here. I brought something for you. I really wouldn't expect you to find a use for this right now, but this is [3] Innahar's Copper Book. It took me years to earn this, but you're a younger soul, and have your life ahead of you. Me, I'm aging, I'm 41, and I'm not destined to stay around much longer. You, you lucky dragon, have got hundreds of years ahead of you." He hands you a thick, copper colored book. "This contains all the history of Innahar, how to worship him, and all his holy artifacts."

+5 Charisma for selflessly saving your friend.

Kin feinted the bear with a charge and as soon as he got close enough he turned to right for the widow maker. Hopefully the bear would be on his tail and when he rammed the tree the widow maker would take care of the rest.

Kin executes his "brilliant" plan. Nothing can possibly go wrong.
[Agi: 4]: You get the bear to follow you without a problem and get to the tree [Str: 2] shaking it but not causing the widowmaker to fall.

You turn around and see a claw coming down on you. [5] VS [4] your dodge does not save you. You get a [3 out of 1d5] nasty pair of cuts, dislocating a few scales.

Stat changes are -3 HP.

Continue trying to learn how to read!!
[Int: 2]: You still do not understand these... whatever they are. Try and try you might, these words just don't come to you. And, since you didn't ask mother about them, you are without guidance.

This will just have to be one of those things you don't learn until you absolutely need it, unfortunately.

Stat changes=0.

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)

Alright, did I miss anything?

Once again, apologies for taking so long, I was lazy. And it's also, once again, hot around here, which makes me want to just not do anything productive.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 08, 2011, 03:10:31 pm »

v.v Good thing I have a decent amount of HP to deal with this continued not-exactly-luck. (I did get a six, though...)
Don't move, especially not my wings. Hope mom was just being a derp for a moment.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 08, 2011, 03:16:06 pm »

Out-logic them into leaving.
Point out that even if they we're to kill us, at least one of them would go down with us. But who would it be? Maybe you, maybe you? Is your life worth your teammates getting just a bit of gold?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 08, 2011, 05:12:36 pm »

Attempt to flap around some more, for practice and such. Also bite a few things.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 08, 2011, 05:52:15 pm »

Oh, they were getting closer! Why wasn't mother moving away? Let them take the stupid statue, already-they could get more!

Oh, this was bad...really bad!

Action:Anthramarux tries to convince her mother one last time to run down a side passage and avoid confrontation-perhaps trying to appeal to her intellect? It would better if she fought these men during a time and place of her own choosing, rather than fight against an uneven ambush, she slyly insists.

Anthrmarux then decides it would best to give the statue to these cretins directly-she pushes it out toward them, and hopefully they take it, threaten her, and then leave. Run away if they chase me-or just climb up to the ceiling.

Failing that, curl up in a dark corner and cover my face with my wings, and cry, waiting for it to all end.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:02:09 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 08, 2011, 05:55:39 pm »

Um, Dwarmin, you could always, you know, give the statue to them and distract them for ten minutes or so until they get impatient and leave. Why are you doing things the hard way?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 08, 2011, 06:00:39 pm »

Well, all right! I wasn't sure playing whack-a-Dragon with the awesome hero guys with deathswords was such a smart idea, but if the GM insists, what can go wrong. :P

Edited turn!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:02:26 pm by Dwarmin »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 08, 2011, 08:13:44 pm »

Inquire to fatherly figure about rock. Just what could this be? Is it magic?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2011, 11:25:51 pm »

Thank man for gift and ask him what's been happening in the outside world
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2011, 11:28:44 pm »

Thank man for gift and ask him what's been happening in the outside world
Oh goddammit, this means I'll have to start working on the world again. D:

Oh well, I should've finished it a long time ago. But didn't because I was a lazy person.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 136