Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 136

Author Topic: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 57: Simple Answers, Upset Parents, and Jobs.  (Read 210090 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon. Turn 6: Half hitpoints, half damage, Final Dragination.
« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2011, 04:32:11 pm »

Today: Was woken up 2-3 hours earlier than I normally am woken up. And I'm not willing to read over the turn, so I am unsure of the quality because all the turns were typed out yesterday (though the stat changes were just today). So if there's some deterioration in the quality, it's temporary. Same if it's an improvement.

I just had a thought:

Why are baby dragons as strong as adult dragons?

No reason at all.

So, I'm making the following changes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This will make things more reasonable and less silly. If you have protests, make them.

Inspect the thing black squigglies with more detail, ask Mother about them if neccesary.
[2+1(mother's help)]: You inspect the squiggles. You don't really understand them, since you're illiterate. Your mother tries to read them for you, but it's extremely slow and you make very little progress before you get severely bored. History, in it's full form, isn't exactly very exciting. Especially when it's talking about stuff you aren't interested in either. Nothing really sticks to your memory.

No stat changes.

Strange - he'd never taken this long to arrive before. Semakhet was worried. Perhaps she should go see what's wrong. She spared a glance at Mother, wondering for a moment if she should take her with her. Probably not. She felt little but disdain towards the creature that had birthed her.

Semakhet goes outside and looks for the man
You look for the man, down the hill. [5]: Going down a route that you've known for a long time. Which allows you to get to the man quickly.

There is a large hole in the mountain path--recent. The man is dangling off of a sharp incline, holding onto a plant root! The plant is about to slide off! He screams for your help!

This is an important decision. On one hand, if you try to help him and get bad rolls, you will fall off with him. And if you get bad rolls afterwards, you will get severely hurt (and straight 1s will result in death, though it'll be more than just one roll so the chance is extremely low). In addition, the man will most likely die if you fail.

On the other, if you let him fall, you will have betrayed your ONLY FRIEND. That would lead to serious problems for you in the near and far future. And if he survives, he will hate you.

Attempt to make communication with father, ask him what is wrong.
"Fa... ther... why... you... un... happy?"

"Oh... just a little bunch of people... trying to introduce me to their lethal weaponry. Who are still following me." Your father says.

"Or in other words, father's bringing home bad guys." your mother says.

Uh oh.

[4]: Everything remains quiet for now.

Wake up after a little while and attempt to better survey my surroundings.
It's a cave. It has rocks.

There's a pile of coins sitting on the side.

Your mother is walking around, inspecting stuff.

Father is counting stuff. Shiny stuff.

You are on top of a mound of hay. It's much more comfortable than the ground.

[4]: There is a large transparent rock at the entrance/exit of the cave. What could that be?

Nudge mother awake with a hurried explanation, then investigate cave mouth whether she follows or not.

You wake mother, "Mommy, small people are outside.", then you both go to the cave mouth. She's too groggy to say otherwise.

Going to the cave mouth was a Bad Idea. While those people weren't expecting you to come out, they were in a superior position, and get the first shot with crossbows and bows.

[Agi: 3+1][Agi: 2+1][Agi: 2+1] Vs [Agi: 5][Agi: 4][Agi: 2] Mother dodges two arrows, but takes the bolt to the chest. [6 damage, of 1d5+1 dice] The bolt goes in deep and your mother roars in pain.
[Agi: 6+1, CRITICAL!] Vs [Agi: 3+1] You jump violently out of the way, but the arrow hits your head and cracks your scull. [6+4 damage, of 1d8 dice] The bolt goes in deep. Thankfully, your skull is thick. Still, you bleed violently from the wound.

Mother roars for you to go back inside, as she turns to do so herself.

-10 HP.

"A bear?" Kin thought, "Or a lion? Aren't those animals dangerous. Surely father mean for me to bring back a horse or something as my first kill. I'd better ask him."

"Father, I - "Inspecting Kin in a very fiery glare was Algorm himself - or rather, his face. His ruby colored eyes had a very intimidating effect on Kin, especially against Algorms black scale. *GULP* "Nothing father."

Kin ran out of the cave and into the forrest as fast as he could and started to search for a Bear.
[6]: Not wanting to anger your father, you RUSH out into the forest. And stumble upon a bear instantly, not even in an advantageous position.

Right, on one hand, you can fly, which is a huge advantage. Problem is, flying in the forest is going to be hard, even dangerous.

On the other, the bear, one-on-one on the ground, is stronger than an average dragon, which is a problem.

You look for anything that may help you. [6]: You see a Widow Maker (top definition) on the tree just to your right, and a steep drop into a river to your left. In addition, behind the bear is a bush that looks like it has some particularly nasty thorns. Unfortunately for you, behind you is a cliff down to rocks with very little water. You highly doubt that if you were to fall you would be able to land your body entirely into the water--you'll very likely hit a rock instead.

Hmm...creatures? A little time-and a smacked snout or two-had taught Anthramarux to be a little careful around new things...but, she just couldn't resist. She wanted to talk to them, but she needed to know who they were first.

Her mother liked playing the hide game with her. Maybe these creatures would as well!

Anthramarux tries to hide from them, and spy on the creatures from afar.
[Int: 5+2]: You hide. On the ceiling. In the dark. Against rocks that look similar to your scales.

Even if someone was looking directly at you, there's a 90% they would still not see you.

Two men enter the cave. They are decked out in full, bright armor crafted expertly. Their helms have wings on them like a bird's. They wield a large, cyan colored longsword each which looks like it's made of the finest metals, along with a metal shield that is steel or similar. You can't see their eyes, but based on how they move, they do not feel fear. They know they can take on a dragon. These are Heroes. This is not good.

[Int: 3+2]: You have a feeling they're after the winged humanoid statue from the treasure room. If you could only convince them not to kill your mother, who is currently in said treasure room. You doubt they have anything against you, but they would kill your mother for stealing if they saw her. Your only chance to save your mother is to have your mother hide as you give them back your statue, and try to out-wait their patience so they will leave without a fight. If your mother dies, you'll have to survive on your own. Which is NOT going to be easy.

I test my wings, but not too hard.
[Agi: 1]: *Flap, flap, flap, fla-SMACK!* You smack your wing hard into a sharp ceiling.

The pain is immense. You not only broke bones, but cut your wing.

At least it's only at the end. Still, there's no way you could fly without severe pain with a wing wound like that.

You should call for mother, unless you prefer to let the wound set in.

-2 Agility. 1 point from a -1 penalty. Watch out.

Growling to sister Lets see whats these things are up to Climb or fly up to a taller part of the cave to get a better view.
You [Str: 3] manage to get a small distance up a rock before you can go no further.

You only see metal caps moving. Nothing else can be seen.

Suddenly, your sister and mother walk out, and are ambushed!

Spoiler: Talarion: Varkonis (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aklyon: Raizan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Repulsion: Cevitil (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: KineseN: Kin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elfeater: Nelar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin: Anthramarux (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2011, 04:35:55 pm »

Tactical retreat!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:39:48 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2011, 04:38:43 pm »

(All of my good luck seems to be in the other dragon thread >.>)
Call for mom quickly. Owowow.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2011, 04:56:42 pm »

Anthramarux wondered they just didn't *ask* for the statue back! If they wanted if, they could have it-just leave mother alone!

She begins creeping toward the treasure room.

Hopefully mother would know what to do...sure, treasure was shiny, but did everyone to kill each other over it?

Now that she thought of it-would Mother even try and run? What if she liked that shiny more than her...who knows what could happen...

Anthramarux sneaks back to the treasure room to alert her mother-try to emphasize the mens armor and weaponry-simple words like MEN, POINTY, TOUGH, BIG and MEAN.

If mom is too proud to back down, try to emphasize her life (and by extension my own) are worth more than a single piece of treasure, and to just let them have it-words like I LOVE YOU, RUN!, NOT WORTH IT, DONT LEAVE ME ALONE MAMA

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2011, 08:18:41 pm »

Poke and prod the transparent rock, in hopes to elicit a reaction.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2011, 10:00:23 pm »

Help my family in the fight!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 02, 2011, 07:39:50 am »

Ask father what I can do to help.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 02, 2011, 07:46:36 am »

Save him, of course! If I die or get wounded, so be it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2011, 02:23:51 am »

Waiting on the Tal of ion and the Kin of N.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2011, 07:37:11 am »

Kin feinted the bear with a charge and as soon as he got close enough he turned to right for the widow maker. Hopefully the bear would be on his tail and when he rammed the tree the widow maker would take care of the rest.

Kin executes his "brilliant" plan. Nothing can possibly go wrong.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 03, 2011, 09:00:06 am »

Continue trying to learn how to read!!
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 05, 2011, 02:21:12 am »

Alright, I know about now you're asking where's the update.

Well, it went into funding the nice cake on my profile. :)

AKA as of 21 minutes ago, it's my birthday. And I haven't spent any time making an update, I just spent my time relaxing.

'Course, it was celebrated two days early, so I don't have parties tomorrow/later today. I do, however, have a friend coming over, so I will be busy. And likely too tired to make an update.

However, the update should be coming soon. Within a few days max.

Just thought I should tell you guys it's my birthday. I doubt anyone would say "Happy birthday" otherwise. >_>

...Or maybe I'm just an attention hog. I don't know. I just want to say it's my birthday. Bugger off. :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 05, 2011, 04:27:23 am »

Well, happy birthday then. :)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 05, 2011, 05:07:34 am »

*insert Happy Birthday music* Happy Birthday Tarran. Hope it's a good one? :P
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2011, 05:31:31 am »

Happy Birthday Tarran :)
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 136