Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599310 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12405 on: December 14, 2015, 05:33:10 pm »

To be fair, just getting initiated into the Mage's guild in Oblivion was a serious undertaking (or a serious pain, depending on how you looked at it), even if ranking up afterwords was very quick. I didn't mind it so much though; Oblivion's quests were pretty great, despite the rest of the game's flaws.

The Fighter's Guild, though - that wasn't my cup of tea, and the Companions weren't a whole lot better.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12406 on: December 14, 2015, 09:59:03 pm »

I think I liked the companion's quests overall, but I remember being disappointed that the search for the shards of Wuuthrad was only finding something like the last 3 or so pieces rather than all of them.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12407 on: December 15, 2015, 04:55:24 pm »

Didn't the quest line lead to a drunken drug binge too or am I misremembering things?
No, that's a quest in and of itself, from Skyrim. Unless we don't mean the same thing.
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12408 on: December 15, 2015, 04:56:22 pm »

Oblivion had a drug-induced episode in the fighters guild questline, yes. Skyrim had a quest that starts with a drunken binge where you have to go through a big process to fix whatever broke but you'll probably end up meeting Ysolda before you go through all that anyway.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12409 on: December 18, 2015, 10:55:46 pm »

I remember that quest, I got that rather horrifying bug where the victims of the quest were standing up with empty blackness where their eyes would be and they would just stand there staring at you. And whenever you move close to them they would drift backwards - clipping through everything - while still staring at you.

As for the Drunk quest "A night to remember", it was certainly one of the more entertaining quests.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12410 on: December 18, 2015, 11:41:32 pm »

I always enjoyed the bug where when you got married and started the ceremony, a whole bunch of dead people would be teleported into the seats so that half the people attending your marriage was dead

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12411 on: December 19, 2015, 01:17:23 am »

I always enjoyed the bug where when you got married and started the ceremony, a whole bunch of dead people would be teleported into the seats so that half the people attending your marriage was dead

For me, at least, it was a horrifying reminder that most of the people closest to my character were dead. Especially since I probably personally killed at least half of them. Definitely a big "What the hell, Hero" moment, even if it was unintentional.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

nogoodnames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12412 on: December 22, 2015, 11:43:58 pm »

Blegh. Got to the creation kit tutorial on dialog and it turns out I can't compile any scripts. It seems like SKSE might have something to do with it, but I haven't found any fixes that work for me.

I'll probably just nuke the install and start over. I was thinking about reinstalling and getting the DLCs anyway while they're on sale, and my modlist could do with some extensive cleaning.
Life is, in a word, volcanoes.
                        - Random human lord

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12413 on: January 13, 2016, 02:56:54 pm »

My first female Orc character :) Body is a custom body, UNP based and textures are from the new Pride of Valhalla mod :)

http://imgur.com/a/11zBk

No nudity of course, so its forum and family safe :P
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12414 on: January 13, 2016, 06:22:11 pm »

Is there a mod that makes it so that when I dual-wield weapons, it'll show one sheathed on each hip, instead of only showing one and having the second weapon appear from thin air?

Leyic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12415 on: January 13, 2016, 06:40:16 pm »

Is there a mod that makes it so that when I dual-wield weapons, it'll show one sheathed on each hip, instead of only showing one and having the second weapon appear from thin air?
(Noting that I haven't played Skyrim in a while so I can't say how well the following work.)

Dual Sheath Redux was designed to do what you want. Equipment Overhaul is a more comprehensive mod that also does this, albeit differently according to the description. There are probably other mods that do this as well. You may also want a mod that includes improved dual wield animations so drawing your second weapon doesn't look strange. Dual Wield New Animation, Dual Wield Improved Animation, and Immersive Animations are three such mods. You'll also likely need FNIS so the animations work properly.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #12416 on: January 13, 2016, 06:40:40 pm »

Yes.

It's a bit more involved than your usual install-and-forget mods, but it works well.

EDIT: I HAVE BEEN NINJA'D BY MERE SECONDS
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12417 on: January 21, 2016, 07:37:35 pm »

Thanks breh.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12418 on: January 22, 2016, 03:46:51 am »

Although some weapons and shields do require DSR patches to work properly.

Unfortunately, Crafting 300: Armoury of Tamriel (2nd link is the latest update) is not supported. (Great mod by the way.)

Edit: And what's even more sad, Armoury of Tamriel is on indefinite hiatus (Original mod author became ill, which started to affect his memory or something. Or that's what I have heard.).
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:52:13 am by Ultimuh »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12419 on: January 22, 2016, 07:25:23 am »

I hope DSR is compatible with Belt-mounted Quivers, because it changes the skeleton.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 826 827 [828] 829 830 ... 896