Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 896

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 1599309 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #12390 on: December 13, 2015, 03:33:51 pm »

You can still totally find those images

Also, you should really stop using photobucket, it's garbage.

technically, you can just type my username in quotes in google and go to images. Then get more than you probably wanted :P My username is 18+ rated rofl...but a lot/some of those images aren't mine, probably from comments I did on them or something. I haven't checked my username in google in a while though, so dunno what is there now.

Also, yeah photobucket...heh. Its okay, yeah. I don't really like deviant art though (but I haven't tried them again in a long time, but I recall being really annoyed by it), and imgur is the worst. Imgur makes high quality screenshots into terrible quality screenshots.

You have any of your own suggestions in replace of photobucket? I'd actually like one where I put a link and then you can't just find all the 18 rated images I have. Photobucket you can make them private, but I also share them on more adult-oriented skyrim sites. Kinda defeats the purpose of taking the screenshot lol. Granted one can still use google I guess lol.

Photobucket I like mostly because the screenshot quality still remains good (though it still shrinks them though from their default size), and I've used it for years without really any issue.

Is there any decent photo/screenshot host (that also allows 18+ rated screenshots) that keeps the default size as well? I haven't actually looked in a while, but I recall a year or two ago trying to find one that kept images the same size and quality (1920x1080) and found nothing (at least that was available for free). And maybe one that is harder to traverse the adult images from the more family friendly ones? Cause photobucket you just need to remove part of the link to find my other stuff, and I don't really like that if I'm sharing on facebook or sites that wouldn't allow that stuff. Though granted, can find tons of stuff just by searching my username on Google lol, but still...

(edit: lol, looks like most of the adult images don't show up anymore. Thats good for me, cause that isn't what I want shown when people type in my username :P )

In any case, maybe its time to try and find another image host.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 03:40:26 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12391 on: December 13, 2015, 03:56:10 pm »

I mostly use imgur

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12392 on: December 13, 2015, 04:10:48 pm »

I mostly use imgur

That is interesting. Imgur at some point changed so you can view the original image size. I last used it (it has been a while I admit) and it was terrible quality.

Well, guess I know what I'll be using :) Thanks lol.

Anyway, skyrim thread! Sorry for the bit of off-topicness lol...

What mods are you guys finding to be your favorite that are recent (within past 3 months)? There is a lot of good new mods it looks like from when I last played. Haven't really touched Skyrim until recently in quite a while (probably 6 or 7 months).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 04:13:03 pm by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #12393 on: December 13, 2015, 05:52:26 pm »

Seems like it still shows the original quality...

http://i.imgur.com/pEbgkI5.jpg

I just uploaded that

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12394 on: December 13, 2015, 06:17:34 pm »

The whole quest line felt to have ended very abruptly. It's just "oh k ur archmage now i guess have fun".

Yeah, I hated that. Plus they killed off several nice characters. Actually, I felt the main quest finished like that too. Haven't done Thieve's Guild, Companions, or Dark Brotherhood questlines yet, nor any of the DLC stuff.

Still, the Winterhold College questline was still far better than the Oblivion Mages' Guild questline.
Spoiler: In my opinion anyway. (click to show/hide)
DB's if anything is even WORSE. You're now a leader of a weird assassin death-cult. Wield the awesome power of... killing random NPCs yourself!

It's even more painful in Oblivion. You're now a leader of a weird assassin death-cult.  Wield the awesome power of... getting a small amount of gold weekly and pretending someone is actually getting assassinated per your orders! Though at least you can pretend it's administrative work.

The best system I found was, ironically, in a mod. Servant of the Dawn, for Oblivion (TL;DR no John, you are the BBEG). Mostly because you getting the leadership was just the beginning; you had a bunch of options to send agents to raise hell or to bribe guards to take the heat off of you if you want to do something without being treated as the leader of a Fantasy Terrorist Organisation you are, kinda like a rudimentary Liberal Crime Squad. Still bare-bones, but it gave you a semblance of leadership.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12395 on: December 13, 2015, 07:09:43 pm »

I liked the mages' guild more than the companions. Mainly because there's so many things absurdly wrong with the "special companions perk" that it's unusable in its default state and I never bothered finding something to fix it. Also the story was "kill stuff, go kill more stuff, kill people who kill you, kill kill kill."

The obvious loving attention put on the Thieves' guild line set it apart from all the rest, though. Easily one of my favorites in Skyrim.

As for DLC: Playing a vampire was fun (again, once I figured out the horribly crippling bugs that fucked it up. Bethsoft could at least play the damn game ONCE before launching it), and Dragonborn's Hermaeus Mora books were awesome. Also Dragonborn gave me warm flashbacks to Morrowind. Homestead, er, Hearthfire was nice for convenience and felt more coherent than most housing mods, but I understand most people will just use housing mods anyway.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12396 on: December 13, 2015, 07:21:40 pm »

I'm super lazy, but I'm planning on reinstalling Oblivion. What mods do you guys recommend? A coherent list is always appreciated.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12397 on: December 13, 2015, 08:42:56 pm »

That pissed me off more than anything else about the guilds in Skyrim, since the Thieves' Guild was a shitty two-bit gang of annoying would-be mafiosos. They're the first and main reason I made NPCs nonessential.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12398 on: December 13, 2015, 09:20:29 pm »

I disliked the Thieves Guild for that reason, but...  Their big quest is pretty much about restoring their glory.  It wasn't amazing, but I liked it.
My first character actually walked away though because
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also kinda liked the Companions quests, probably because of the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That was an interesting twist.
Yeah the quests were mostly "go here kill enemies", but only in the sense that *every* quest is mostly that.  With the exception of the shitty random thieves guild quests.  Heck the thieves guild main quests were mostly "Go here kill spiders/draugr", if you want to ignore the context that way.

Frankly I enjoyed Oblivion's mage and thief quests more though.  In Skyrim they really don't have much justification for making you archmage, I think you should have to complete the mastery subquests for the various schools (like finding the invisible things for Illusion).  In Oblivion it was longer and more interesting to *join* the freakin guild, because it took you to every city and had a unique local quest.  Being able to choose the order was cool too. 

As for the Necromancy thing, I agree lore-wise that Traven was probably in the wrong, but that just makes Mannimarco a more interesting villain.  He's still a villain though, and the necromancers we meet are mass-producing black soul gems and experimenting on sentients.  Traven is probably largely to blame, but the ones we meet are pretty evil.  Would have been nice to be able to rescind the ban, though, particularly since the PC is likely to be using black soul gems themself.  Anyway, Traven was an idiot and you earn the archmage position fair.

Meanwhile the Thieves Guild quest was a bunch of neat heists, like it ought to be, particularly the last one.  The loot was unique and taking up the... mantle of leadership made sense.

Was there a fighters guild?  Fighting sucked in Oblivion, never liked it, 880 cast spells erry day (after stealth archery of course).  Too bad magic sucked a fat nerf in Skyrim, looks completely absurd to be blasting a guy with fire and doing basically nothing.  Whereas archery, alchemy, enchanting, and smithing are each OP as hell.  And largely multiplicative.

Lastly, I hate the stupid ridiculous random quests for the thieves guild.  "Stealing" from a store means walking in, walking past the owner into their "private" rooms, doing whatever, and leaving.  If they even follow you or get mad eventually, I never noticed.  I had more issues trying to turn in a quest to a guy who was asleep (I was trying to return his child, and all he'd do is keep shouting at me to leave.  Then tried to punch me to death).

By comparison I *loved* "Steal this much stuff to advance our trust of you."  It meant I could pick my own targets.  Burgling rich people houses *because they were rich and I wanted their stuff* was my favorite part of the game.  Looting shops was easier but didn't feel as cool, and I got a choice dangit!
The "Loot x value from hold y" would replace that, with the benefit of being repeatable... except the requirements are so piss-low that I basically loot half an average home and I'm done :/  I could probably sell a single one of my OP potions then pickpocket it and be done (if I ever bothered to level pickpocket in Skyrim, which I didn't).

Oblivion had a lot of issues, but I feel like the thieving was a lot better.  Kinda want to go back and see.  Just need to craft a 1-second 100-charm so the guards can never arrest me ;D
... which means completing the mage guild entry quests, shit :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12399 on: December 14, 2015, 04:08:51 am »

Was there a fighters guild?  Fighting sucked in Oblivion, never liked it, 880 cast spells erry day (after stealth archery of course).
Yeah, there was. Never played through though, so can't say much more. Sneek all day erry day.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #12400 on: December 14, 2015, 05:14:24 am »

Was there a fighters guild?  Fighting sucked in Oblivion, never liked it, 880 cast spells erry day (after stealth archery of course).
Yeah, there was. Never played through though, so can't say much more. Sneek all day erry day.
It was about dealing with a rival mercenary group, eventually exposing their corruption and shutting them down.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12401 on: December 14, 2015, 10:53:30 am »

Didn't the quest line lead to a drunken drug binge too or am I misremembering things?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12402 on: December 14, 2015, 03:51:07 pm »

Rolan, you should really mention the games more explicitly because for most of that post I had no idea whether you are talking about Oblivion or Skyrim :v

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12403 on: December 14, 2015, 03:55:24 pm »

I'm having trouble parsing it myself, gosh I was sleepy.

Basically I liked the longer and more interesting mage guild questline in Oblivion than Skyrim.  And I preferred stealing in Oblivion than in Skyrim.  But Skyrim's Thieves guild wasn't *all* bad, and I liked Skyrim's "fighter guild" equivalent quite a bit.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12404 on: December 14, 2015, 05:14:52 pm »

Skyrim's Thieves Guild has the atmosphere and quests down, I think. It's of a slightly grander scale than Oblivion's Thieves Guild.

Mage Guild quests though, I don't think have been great since Morrowind. Every game since then the Mage questlines just seem shorter. You go from initiate to master in just a few quests, it doesn't have the scope or the awesomeness one would assume becoming top shit Mage entails.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 825 826 [827] 828 829 ... 896