Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 287694 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #8250 on: December 04, 2011, 01:10:11 am »

Wait, so I'm being punished for being genre-savvy? That hardly sounds fair...

And I hardly think taking the enemy general is crazy, considering it means that his entire force is not as capable without him...
...you're not serious.

You honestly, honestly think that this was a rational, sensible, defensible course of action, from either an OOC or IC perspective?

WHAT. THE. LIGHT.

Yes, you should be punished for being overly genre-savvy. You ever read a story in which every character is genre-savvy? No? Perhaps some terrible, terrible fanfic.
Or an abridged series.
Nowhere else. Also, people rarely act on their genre-savviness.
And this isn't genre-savviness. Are you accusing every person from history of being genre-blind, that they did not take every opportunity they could seize to brutally assault the enemy commander when negotiating?

Taking the enemy general out is a very smart course of action. Some people might still object to it, but no one cares about them.
But no one would do this whilst having, and I can't stress this enough- PEACEFUL NEGOTIATIONS.

Peacekeeper of Moun
I told him repeatedly to just flash the damn documents. He never did. Seriously, at ever turn I was like 'Maybe you should show them your documents' and he was like 'nope gonna dig myself a deeper hole, thanks'.
And as I'm in another character's power, you cannot prevent my execution.
Yes I can. I can say 'the executioner refuses to do this'. NPCs have a concept of right and wrong as well, and a wrong of such levels cannot be tolerated.

Argleblargleblargle.

This has become a horrible, horrible mess.

Shall I just retcon it so that Laythe restrains her ridiculous urges and AF gets away no problem?
Long Live United Forenia!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8251 on: December 04, 2011, 01:12:52 am »

Personally, seeing Laythe just executing the Artic Fox in the middle of a meeting seems in-character. She's insane, and while no one else likes it, I have no problem with her doing it; at the cost of her reputation...And throne and life as time passes. Just my opinion.

Oh and genre-savvy...Um, discworld?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:18:28 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8252 on: December 04, 2011, 01:15:36 am »

Sure, but you cant stop the character herself. She is after all, crazy enough to just straight tackle me during peaceful negotiations. You wouldnt stop her from tacking me, you have no right to stop her if she decides to kill me. Or if any character decides to kill me (My money would be on Tala Alanis delivering the well deserved knife after I have failed the DE.)

Of course its a horrible mess. Its ridiculous on so many levels! Thats why my initial stance on this was. essentially 'This is ridiculous on so very many levels'
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8253 on: December 04, 2011, 01:16:20 am »

Maybe just ignore the last roll so he isn't half dead. I mean, If Laythe got up that fast she wouldn't have body slammed someone she wanted alive...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8254 on: December 04, 2011, 01:27:50 am »

Oh sure you can stop her...Her breaking of tradition can act as a catalyst for friends of the last monarch and general supporters. Really, it isn't that hard to understand to me. If she can go and kill a general during negotiations between equals, what can she do to the lowly peasants or people she genuinely hates? ...And now I forgot what I was going to type. Back to Morrowind I guess...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8255 on: December 04, 2011, 01:29:25 am »

Yeah.. Retconning it back to that doesnt help Taricus, I'll still try to leave, you'll still try to stop me.. Bit of a waste of time.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8256 on: December 04, 2011, 04:24:32 am »

You wouldnt stop her from tacking me, you have no right to stop her if she decides to kill me. Or if any character decides to kill me (My money would be on Tala Alanis delivering the well deserved knife after I have failed the DE.)

Indeed.  Though, you would naturally be given the means to take your own life first-and preserve whatever honor you had.

Also, My thought on all this crazy...roll with it. Laythe did something that was frankly quite in-character, and now has to handle it to keep her crown.

If this means trying to kil all the other players in a fit of paranoid insanity...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8257 on: December 04, 2011, 05:22:03 am »

Jeez, leving you guys alone for one night....

Regardless of what happens to AF, once he finds out from Kathos, ol'Nike will call on loyalty of the soldiers (if I got it right, they are quite likely to follow him in a circumstance like this) and declare queen unfit to command. She will ble placed under arrest and sent back to Ligoria in a straightjacket.
I said that Nikephoros is an honourable guy, so if AF is to be in our hands, I consider nursing him back to health (if possible) and letting him go back to mileth. And the siege will go as I decide.

But to be honest here: Laythe was bound to do something stupid like that, but it does not mean it won't have consequences. I won't let a civil war happen so we will simply have a George III situation. The secret council will become official and instead of shadow one it will be a regency until queen gets "better" or if a suitable replacement is found. Kathos going stright for the throne is not an option while Laythe is alive, regardless of her state. Besides Avitus can keep the regency for the time beig once he learns of the situation.

E: Above proposition is the only way of salvaging the situation without retconning it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 05:26:25 am by Ardas »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8258 on: December 04, 2011, 05:48:12 am »

The Queens paying the armies wage though. Loyalty is one thing-starving your family because you got shafted on your paycheck is another-and whatever promises you give won't always be believed, especially if they think you're taking power for your own reasons.

Let's hope loyalty wins out this time!

@Ardas: Forming the three headed Hydra already? I hope you guys start fighting amongst yourselves or something, otherwise it will get boring.

Just saying, once three players form a democrabrain power bloc that never disagrees with itself, and takes control, it's pretty much game over. There's not much point in scheming, or planning when everything you say and do won't get you into the clique, because they don't need you. Not that I won't TRY.

Pretty bleak prospect for Tala, especially since Pasha takin' the next train outta town. *sad whistle*  :-\
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8259 on: December 04, 2011, 06:03:02 am »

That is just the preliminary proposal, depending on GM verdict.
Besides, either Avitus or Kathos might go for the power-grab, but they would be silly to do so without my help. And if you want intrigues, we could declare a noble republic and then have a go at each other. Throw in expansionism of Ligoria and we are playing Roman Republic. I would have to get a piece of land and a title first though.

If anything, blame Laythe.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8260 on: December 04, 2011, 06:03:38 am »

Well, let's roll with it. I guess it'll get really interesting if a civil war break out. I'd go with that myself, since it also stop the problem of Ligoria curb-stomping the whole Coast.

Anyway, can we get a GM ruling on Tala spotting me? I failed the roll, but the problem is that my action was to spy on her quarter while she was not there, not stalk her. So what really did happen? Or did she just forgot about the stalker in the big mess of everyone freaking out because of Laythe?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8261 on: December 04, 2011, 06:08:22 am »

Well, you rolled pretty bad there, Sheb. :P

Either Tala saw you, or her guards did and told her about it. It comes to the same thing-as in, they would try to capture you.

It's just a matter of wording the turn differently, I think.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8262 on: December 04, 2011, 06:16:24 am »

True enough. There is still a difference tough: even if your guard spotted me, they don't know who I am. While they might arrest me if I come anywhere near them again, they have no idea where to get me.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #8263 on: December 04, 2011, 06:21:22 am »

I don't really care what Laythe does, and have nothing against her randomly body slamming somebody during negotiations. I just hope something bad happens to her for doing it when someone else is around.

Besides, there are better ways to knock unconscious/kill people.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8264 on: December 04, 2011, 06:24:07 am »

Anyway, I think we need to wait for Shootandrun's reaction first. His character's with the Queen, let him decide how Thunderblade will react.

Pages: 1 ... 549 550 [551] 552 553 ... 634