Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 288597 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #4755 on: October 09, 2011, 09:44:40 pm »

I think the Udanese are more german than anything else...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: October 09, 2011, 09:48:31 pm »

I imagined them as mongolian-russian...Meh they're a fictional culture does it really matter?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: October 09, 2011, 09:50:39 pm »

They're Udanese! :P

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: October 09, 2011, 10:18:22 pm »

Question: Is the income of the inn split between ashton and me or must I manually give ducats to him?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: October 09, 2011, 11:34:26 pm »

Winning them over there might require a roll.

Don't make offers, make challenges. :P
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:07:07 am by HailFire »
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: October 10, 2011, 02:17:14 am »

I am now home...and you're all doomed
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: October 10, 2011, 02:21:07 am »

Doomed? Meh, BRING IT ON!!! :P

(But really, please don't)
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: October 10, 2011, 02:36:20 am »

Blame ashton

EDIT: kytuzian, i'm assuming by 'meet atht eh tavern' you mean the estate...like the letter says

EDIT2: micelus, where do you get +1.5d in ship lease as a profit O.o?

1. Will Tala's messenger arrive before Retcyl?
Can you both link your posts about sending a messenger? so i can see what was happening when, then i can answer that question

2. Do we have a consensus on the general experience system?
That it'll happen? Yes. Specifics on it - are still cloudy. Sue me, being easier than a unit system isnt saying much. Its a secondary concern atm

3. Does Retcyl count as a general?
The idea was that yes, players would count as generals to their respective unit stacks. Logistically it sounds a tad OP. Generals will be 'hired' in some form. Seems easier that way and less OP provided Merc players will always be with their units, and non-mercs wouldn't

4. If Retcyl doesn't count, can Karafs count or is that too overpowered?
NPC? Sure, but he'll start drawing a salary as a general

5. If I happen to die, can I state who inherits my stuff?
You can state it, but same rules apply to dynastic inheritance - whether anyone agrees to it is another story.

6. Am I allowed to go on a ridiciously long trip to gather up a freakingly huge army/assassin's corps to slay my rivals?
Sure, theres a limit to your yearly/seasonal recruiting though. Especially if you're doing work to pay for them at the same time.

7. Do I start getting an income from the inn now? Or do I still have to hire some people?
Business was built, it draws yearly income - split between the owners

8. If Retcyl or Karafs is allowed to be a general, is Hatcuri Doctrine a valid trait?
Ill read it over again and see
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 03:52:34 am by CyberGenesis »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: October 10, 2011, 05:07:20 am »

Ok so i have most of the actions written up, i need to write for the internal galam information, but i've posted the other stuff

Ill write up galam in the morning

anything dire that is missing, please PM a link to it and i'll get to that in the morning as well....just so very tired
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 05:09:04 am by CyberGenesis »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: October 10, 2011, 05:20:15 am »

Get subordinates to look for a brewer willing to serve a hatcuri. Make it known the condition of the inn. Also look for an architect and bring him back. Send messengers to the ships and tell them to find someone to lease the ships and crews. Make sure the mechanic knows. Send most of the remainder to scout out the city and look for anything interesting in the city. Listen for rumours.

[1] Your subordiates have no luck recruiting any brewers, and some come back with injuries from xenophobic citizens. Things may be a bit harder for you when you're out in the city, if they realize that you're staying here indefinitely.
[6] You find Hugo :P
[5] The ship captain manages to secure a good deal as an outrigger, three ducats a year for both ships serving.
[1] The Hatcuri that you send out to scout end up suffering the same fate as the group asking around for a brewer, coming back with a fair few bruises.
[6] You manage to get a good pulse on what's going on in the city, of course, most of it relates to roving groups of large, bipedal lizards. Atleast you'll be able to avoid them now, if they don't realize where you're staying.

Since two ships was OP, it was reduced by half.

Tala waited 10 minutes before returning to the party. It seemed the man was to remain mysterious to her. Too bad. She needed allies here, not mysterious messengers.

She called over one of her guards-the silent one, Veritas. The poor man had his tounge branded when he was a slave youth, and could only communicate in affirmatives and negatives. She had a soft spot for him.

"Veritas, my dear-I need you to handle some things...

First, find out where the charming fellow in the mask is staying, and have a single green Rose sent to his bedside-no note. He wants to be mysterious, let the game begin, then.

She smiled. The dark green Rose that was her favorite-it came from her homeland, and was not in fact, on display at the party. Men always remarked how it matched the color of her eyes. She had no doubt it would get his attention. Its thorns were quite sharp though...

"Next, send a letter to the estate and the villa. Standard orders. Be firm, yet polite. But, no mercy to those found on those who trespass.

I do hope the ambassador has his papers in order...accidents happen, all the time..."

Veritas nodded, and left.

'Tala' spent a few moments regarding the indifferent stars under a pale half moon before heading back.

The hatcuri had already begun their trip to Lady Tala's estate. Of course this did not mean that Retcyl was leaving Thunderblade to deal with the problem himself, it was just to draw out the bandits.

Retcyl had made sure that several smaller groups of hatcuri were some distance away from the main group. These smaller groups would hopefully lure out the bandits. If they took the bait, the hatcuri with them would instantly offer them jobs with Retcyl, if they didn't accept then the regiment would come and kill them. Course there was always the chance that the bandits wouldn't come, but he had thought of that already. He had sent a few scouts to travel the areas where bandits were seen and try to speak with them and offer them jobs. Unfortunately, he would have to kill the bandits soon after otherwise the queen would have Retcyl's own head for a trophy...Course that didn't mean he had to kill them immediately.

Should diplomacy fail, then Retcyl could always order his men into the areas were bandits were seen...

But enough of this planning, Retcyl had some writing to do.

Spoiler: To Kawakai (click to show/hide)
Hopefully they would both understand the messages.

March towards Lady Tala's land, while making sure several smaller groups are left a distance behind or ahead. If bandits attack, offer them jobs. If not, get regiment to capture them.Send scouts to look around the areas the bandits were seen in. Offer the same deal. Send messages.

There.

My thing ain't dire so no complaints from me. Night CG.

You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: October 10, 2011, 08:53:55 am »

Possibly roll to see if the thief got a couple of crossbow bolts from the guards on the walls?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: October 10, 2011, 09:08:19 am »

Rolled a 1 and done.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: October 10, 2011, 09:08:55 am »

Oh god bad trip, man....
Did this prince of whatever leave the tether in?
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: October 10, 2011, 09:10:43 am »

That thief is going to get it! I swear!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: October 10, 2011, 09:11:09 am »

Yes, he would have left his grappling hook gun behind, though it's obviously a one-shot sort of device, that will have to be studied before it can be back engineered.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 634