Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 289021 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #3975 on: September 30, 2011, 04:52:05 am »

Mind you, that number can be changed. I know Vasir is about 60000 thousand people in size.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: September 30, 2011, 04:56:19 am »

Yeah, but Vasir does a lot of trade and was quite important in the last 100 years.  But you are the monarch, you decide.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: September 30, 2011, 05:00:39 am »

Give me 24 regiments of peasants and I'll expand the kingdom by twice its size! That or eliminate our population problem.

Also, how big exactly is a regiment? I understood they were around 20-30 men in Yak, but since we're in the Renaissance (and we have a uber population) we should be able to field regiments much larger than that.

Also, time for a little historical nitpicking!

It was common to find cities in China and the Middle East sustaining populations much higher than European cities. Example: Aachen had 10,000 citizens and was considered a metropolis while Baghdad had 1 million citizens at one point in time (somewhere around the 9th-11th century). Please keep in mind Europe was in something of a dark age (not as bad as the media says it was, but they still lost a lot) while the Middle East kept the knowledge and China was barely affected except for a few changes in their trade routes.

Sorry for that.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: September 30, 2011, 05:06:51 am »

Please keep in mind Europe was in something of a dark age (not as bad as the media says it was, but they still lost a lot)

If you would be willing to share your resources for that at some point, I would be very interested.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: September 30, 2011, 05:17:30 am »

Ah, I knew I should have used milder language...

By dark age, I mean they lost the ability to produce certain...things. Cement was lost as the recipe was forgotten. Certain projects couldn't be undertaken as there were less resources or time to do them with opponents for power at every turn. How else could the European populations be so limited compared to Arabic/Turkish(?)/Syrian/Morrocan/Algierian/Middle-Eastern populations? Aachen was the centre of Charlmagne's power (or his heirs; not sure about that one) and Baghdad the centre of the caliph's power (for a time, anyway).

Anyway, my source was a few books from my local library. Can't really say what they were called since I haven't been to the library or looked at the book in months :-\ .
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: September 30, 2011, 05:26:35 am »

Here's a quote from Wikipedia which illustrates what sort of population levels we would be looking at:
Quote from: Antwerp
1567: 105,000 (90,000 permanent residents and 15,000 "floating population", including foreign merchants and soldiers. At the time only 10 cities in Europe reached this size.)
Antwerp was the major trading hub of northern Europe, which probably imported grain from places as far off as Russia (or the timely equivalent). It would have been a bustling metropolis at the time. And this was a major and unmaintainable spike in its population over previous and following years. So a population of 85000 would imply a fairly large trading hub, importing shiploads of grain every month. Possible, but perhaps a slightly smaller population (40000) might better reflect the fact that 'the city primarily exports'.
Not that population levels really matter. Who cares how many peasants there are?

Anyway I'm going to try to update the city stats, probably going to fail terribly, please inform me if I do.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: September 30, 2011, 05:29:40 am »

City stats have already been updated on the wiki.

Also, someone pissed the queen off...

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: September 30, 2011, 05:39:54 am »

So, Taricus: do you want us to focus on the economy of our lands, or do you think we should recruit an army as soon as possible and invade some unlucky king's city-state?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: September 30, 2011, 05:41:50 am »

City stats have already been updated on the wiki.
Uh.
Where?
The page for ligoria is still looks fairly unupdated.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3984 on: September 30, 2011, 05:45:37 am »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: September 30, 2011, 05:48:58 am »

Why are the stats identical with Vasir's? Is it just a template you'll detail later?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: September 30, 2011, 05:49:34 am »

I just used the stats CG gave me, and he did edit that page a few hours ago anyway.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: September 30, 2011, 05:51:24 am »

Tell you what, I'm just going to link to that page. That way there's no waiting for me to get up just to make sure the first posts are accurate.

Incidentally, Taricus, your tax calculations are off a little; you said 30d/yr from land, but you have already given away four parcels of land.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: September 30, 2011, 05:53:35 am »

I accounted for the monetary loss too.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: September 30, 2011, 06:47:51 am »

And I quote,
how dare they charge so much she thought to herself, she would walk naked and proud in that case, time to find that inn.
Hey, I'm a hacturi, that kind of stuff rolls when your coverd in scales. Got to say it but seeing a walking lizard in clothes seems a little bizarre so figured in Hactur clothes were only worn in the presence of others or something, I don't know. Either way bieng coverd in scales would rip up clothes pretty quickly. Just go with it  :P
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 634