Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 634

Author Topic: You are King OOC Thread  (Read 290109 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: You are King OOC Thread
« Reply #2640 on: September 01, 2011, 04:22:24 pm »

Ok. I sent the instruction for two boatloads of clams from suul to be shipped to Vasir. Iituem did a preliminary roll and gave me 0.3d per tonne, he just didn't do the rest since my instruction came after that. here is the link to this roll.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:27:20 pm by Ardas »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #2641 on: September 01, 2011, 04:24:56 pm »

So who's doing the rolling for this granny stuff? From what I've seen everyone thinks someone else is going to do it.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: September 01, 2011, 04:30:20 pm »

CG, don't suppose you could define "broken", as in you can through automation collapse the economy? Or you can generate revenue from where it shouldn't exist in a feedback loop and thus cause your earnings to grow exponentially? Not quite getting what you mean, could you please explain, and also what impact does this have on players?

EDIT: My guess is you intend to do the old stock market trick of flooding a region with specific resources to lower the price because of supply/demand and buy back what you sold cheap, thus driving up the price again.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:34:27 pm by ashton1993 »
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: September 01, 2011, 04:44:09 pm »

Ghazkull can you give me an updated account of the number of soldiers that we have? If, and I'm really hoping that it doesn't happen, you die then it'd be very useful to know what I have to work with, plus I'm planning on using them while you're away anyways, just not quite how Dr. Johnston did.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: September 01, 2011, 04:50:51 pm »

As far as i see it, there is nothing "broken". he simply means that he cracked the system and devised a way for selling high and buying low in the best places and with minimising of the risks tthat the dice provide.
As such, even with the worst of rolls, he is still able to squeeze a marginal profit that makes the trade worth it.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: September 01, 2011, 05:12:09 pm »

Terenos, the only problem with that is that your usefulness as a diplomat are seriously diminished once people realize you're "The Black Shadow, Elite Assassin of Elbreth". I can hardly send you anywhere under the banner of peaceful negotiations now that you're known for killing kings and whatnot.
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: September 01, 2011, 05:19:45 pm »

You'd be remarkably surprised at how little that would logically matter.
Let me ramble a bit before I get some much needed sleep (Screw you insomnia)
Its about information. If they know nothing about me, they cannot get a measure of me before hand. Knowing that I am rumored to be an assassin, will cause them to think in a specific way about what I might be there for, and my capabilities. Thus allowing me an opportunity to catch them off guard and get more favorable deals. Its very unlikely anyone would kill me outright if I come as an official diplomat, regardless of what rumors might say.

Besides which, All diplomats are spies and a fair number of them are assassins. So at least I'm honest about that. And I killed Trubaldsomes. Not precisely the most kingly of kings ya know. (Unnecessary dig at the Trubaldsome line)

Of course we could create counter rumors for a few years that I was simply covering for the Black Shadow, so that he could escape. That might be better, if I want to resume diplomatic roles.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: September 01, 2011, 05:56:51 pm »

Really so Kain has no power whatsoever?

And you find it good that a man has more power then Elberth, Suul, and Miring combined?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 05:59:20 pm by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: September 01, 2011, 06:02:22 pm »

I wouldn't mind someone having that much power, providing it was King Erik with said power...
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: September 01, 2011, 06:15:20 pm »

And you find it good that a man has more power then Elberth, Suul, and Miring combined?

Two words: Hacturi Emperor
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: September 01, 2011, 06:19:02 pm »

He has nominal power.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: September 01, 2011, 06:21:49 pm »

I found a way to make 30d/season, 20 minimum

I'll roll you in a few Ardas
EDIT: My guess is you intend to do the old stock market trick of flooding a region with specific resources to lower the price because of supply/demand and buy back what you sold cheap, thus driving up the price again.

Doesnt work that way, there's no stock level held in cities
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: September 01, 2011, 06:22:53 pm »

I found a way to make 30d/season, 20 minimum

Care to share?

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: September 01, 2011, 06:24:12 pm »

He has nominal power.
Shh  :P I wonder how long until the region occupied by hacturi becomes a common PC destination like Groaning & Aching or Vasir

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ah fair enough, not really read into the trade mechanics much, just trying to apply general logic to it
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 06:25:48 pm by ashton1993 »
That is brilliant.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: September 01, 2011, 06:27:48 pm »

My thoughts exactly. Merchants can get way too powerful...perhaps we could institute an adjustable tax for non-government, non-nobility rich folk.

If merchants get too powerful, King Erik could become nothing but a puppet, dancing to the tune of a rich capitalist, our government would stagnate to providing the best profits and the smallest losses, the game would turn not into how to conquer and make your country bigger, but how to make the biggest profit, and the traders could become the real powers, wars would become trying to get the best profits...
Every body's current position in government is at stake, hell they could just forcibly buy up our land, without paying us a dime, and rule it so that the trades guild gets the biggest profit.
No new flow of knowledge will come in- except on how to make more money-just more money, the worth of the ducat will plummet and bring about economic problems.
The lords, scholars, kings, knights, and anybody within the government, their position will be useless, being able to be bought and sold with ease.
I do not want this game to turn out like Earth.

P.S. I think The Black Shadow Of Elberth already sold out...
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 634