Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: The Dungeon - A tale of Axes  (Read 6297 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: The Dungeon - A tale of Axes
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 12:23:07 pm »

Into the hole!
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 12:58:37 pm »

door x
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2011, 01:42:15 pm »

"Huh. Grodab's head hurt. Grodab want axe back!" Grodab looks at the floor.
"Huh... Axe on floor! This be good."
Grodab grabs an axe and kicks the nearest door down, in the nude.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:21:07 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2011, 10:43:41 pm »

Proceed through door Y.

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 07:11:21 am »

Head into door X

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 10:21:51 am »

I just woke up, I'll reply to all of this in an hour or something.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2011, 08:02:34 pm »

Into the hole!

Panting heavily from all the wounds you have, and the mental exhaustion of being attacked by a little girl who has fangs you finally manage to climb into the hole. On the other side of the hole is a large, one eyed man carrying a wooden club. He holds out a hand and grunts several times until he manages to spit out several words. "You not pass... Grog not like small people..."

What do you do?

door x

Head into door X

This is for both of you.

You head on through door X. There is a series of doors but you eventually get to a dead end. Nothing but stone and doors behind you.
[3] Joe taps a few times on the surrounding stones until he hears a difference in the tapping. With a grunt he puts his shoulder to the wall and pushes on it, the wall giving away easily and revealing the body of a dead little girl. There are several blood marks and you notice a trail of it leading into a hole in the wall.
[2] Adrian, you bang your fists on the wall a couple times, making quite the racket but not finding anything. You don't know what to do now.

What do you do?

"Huh. Grodab's head hurt. Grodab want axe back!" Grodab looks at the floor.
"Huh... Axe on floor! This be good."
Grodab grabs an axe and kicks the nearest door down, in the nude.

That would be door Y, assuming you walked out of the original room. With ease you rush towards it and push it down. A splintering echos throughout the dungeon and you continue forward. Kicking down another door you find a bloody man with an equally bloody axe talking to a large, one eyed giant holding a club.

How do you proceed?

Proceed through door Y.

Proceeding through door Y you find an old, wooden stand with a tired looking old man behind it. "Eh... son, what can I do for ya today? Come to buy a potion or two?" He says, leaning heavily on his wooden walking stick. A wispy beard hangs from his head and a pair of spectacles lean on his eyes. He seems oblivious to how he is stuck in a dungeon.

What do you do?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:05:11 pm by Mr. Dwarfinton »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2011, 08:04:38 pm »

into the hole
Quite fucked indeed.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2011, 08:07:15 pm »

into the hole

You look around a bit, but ignore all the body and simply go through a hole in the wall! After crawling around in the dusty, cold passage you find yourself looking at several men talking in a room like the other. One is large and one eyed with a club. The other is about your height. He is covered in blood and carrying a bloody axe. The last is a naked man with an axe.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2011, 08:07:50 pm »

"Grrrrodabadabadabadaaaaaab!!"

Scream a warcry and attack the Giant! Any other course of action would be COWARDLY!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2011, 08:19:24 pm »

uuh we wont get past the giant without fightinŽ
axe talk time
Quite fucked indeed.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2011, 09:07:53 pm »

uuh we wont get past the giant without fightinŽ
axe talk time
"Grrrrodabadabadabadaaaaaab!!"

Scream a warcry and attack the Giant! Any other course of action would be COWARDLY!

With a lust for battle and a war cry even the Gods couldn't match you and that other guy rush forward and fight the giant.

[Grodab 5hp - Adrian 5hp - Giant 10hp]

[5+1G - 6+1 A - 5GI] The giant, being no match for your speed and sudden attack, is caught off guard. As Grodab swings his mighty axe it lands at the giant's leg, biting through the thick hide and injuring the monster.
Adrian does what any smart person would do, follow the lead of the naked man with a dangerous weapon. You raise your axe high above your head before the giant can move and you sink it into his soldier making him scream something about cows. He raises his club, the attacks seemingly not injuring him, and swings it downwards towards you two. You simply step out of the way before he can do anything. [5G - 5A - 8GI]

[6+1G - 4+1A - 5GI] Adrian rushes forward, swinging the axe down again to bite into the shoulder once more. The axe strikes him, but the giant has already attacked too. He thrusts the club forward hitting you in the stomach and knocking the air out of you. Grodab takes the time to unlodge the axe from the leg and chop at its side. The attack hits and sends it screaming once more. [5G - 4A - 6GI]

[1+1 - 3+1 - 5] With both of your axes lodged firmly in the wound the giant takes control of the situation and does a sweep with his axe, making you both fall down on your back and hit your head against the stone. Look on the bright side, you still have your axe. [4G - 3A - 6GI]

[6+1 - 3+1 - 1] The damage only angers you, Grodab, and you quickly jump up. You swing your axe several times, frothing at the mouth and your mind concerned with only taking down this beast. You quickly land several hits on the monster.
Adrian stands up, brushing off the head wound and raises the axe above his head. He swings it downward and chops into the giant's foot, chopping off several toes. [4 - 3 - 4]

[4+1 - 1+1 - 1] Grodab continues hacking away as the giant howls in pain because of the sudden loss of his toes.
Adrian, however, loses his balance and falls down. Luckily he loses hold of his axe and that falls down on the Giant's other foot.
[4 - 3 -1]

[2+1 - 5+1 - 2] The giant graps Grodab by the throat and slowly lifts him up. "I... no... like little people..." He says, squeezing the naked man. You stop him with a swift quick to the groin and he falls down howling pain some more.
With Grodab recovering from nearly dying Adrian walks up behind the giant, delivering quick chops to the neck until the head is severed.

There is one door on the right, one door on the left and some other people in the room.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2011, 09:27:43 pm »

What type of payment do you take, and what have you got in stock?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2011, 09:32:09 pm »

Grodab sits up, breathing heavily and rubbing his neck. "Guh... Grodab head hurt."
He heaves himself to his feet with a loud grunt, gathering up his axe and glancing around, noting the dead giant.
He turns to Adrian, eyes widening, and says, "You help me? That nice! Grodab like you!" He takes a few lumbering steps fowards.
I subject Adrian to a unpleasant, naked-barbarian bear hug in thanks, then pick up my axe.
Booze is Life for Yoink

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 02:33:58 am »

"Oh, thanks guys. I wanted to help you actually, but I'm feeling a bit weak at the moment. Would be surprised if I can still lift this axe to striking height. Seems like you guys got a few scratches and dents too, let's try to find a doctor."

Eldmor looks for a passage behind the giant.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5