Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Smalls of Tolla: OOC Thread  (Read 10285 times)

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Smalls of Tolla: OOC Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2011, 12:48:19 am »

I am willing... but really, why?

The problems I've found with "personal forums" are a.) infighting that culminates in disparaging remarks, acts of sabotage, etc. and b.) a lack of prospective new players. Bay 12 has a firm foundation and a moderate sized player base...
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2011, 10:18:38 am »

Pretty much a Wiki/FAQ for the universe we create. Lets leave this game here so people can watch/play, we can use the other forum (for now) just to have a place (we can edit!) where our character info sheets, material uses, and RP backstories are listed. Hell, we can also set up a second game over there, a more slowly-moving one if necessary, or wait til this one is over and then transfer it.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2011, 11:51:30 am »

Why don't I simply set up a wiki? It's free and all (I can just link to it in the OP). If we moved, we wouldn't have all these awesome Bay Twelvers- no one thinks like these guys do. Of course, we could try setting up a forum later... Staying here would be best for now (imo).

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2011, 11:52:46 am »

Why don't I simply set up a wiki? It's free and all (I can just link to it in the OP). If we moved, we wouldn't have all these awesome Bay Twelvers- no one thinks like these guys do. Of course, we could try setting up a forum later... Staying here would be best for now (imo).
That...Makes much more sense, honestly. (and I don't have to do as much ;D)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2011, 12:38:26 pm »

Agreed :) As I have nothing better to do, and I'm tasked by Edio with helping create geography, materials, creatures, and game ideas (any help would be appreciated, cool ideas can be msg'd to me and I'll credit you :) ) I'll probably be the one updating the Wiki the most, with Edio's permission of course. I'd also like to set up a backstory post for each of the in-game player races, plus whatever races we think up and find scattered about. PLUS, intel on enemies we encounter, their weaknesses, strengths, material uses, etc, as we find them. ;)
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2011, 12:40:41 pm »

You can grab the stuff from Oceania too if you want, Ehndras. Not much really named there, but I'll probably redo the game again some later time, so I should reveal all of the stuff. :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2011, 12:43:31 pm »

You can grab the stuff from Oceania too if you want, Ehndras. Not much really named there, but I'll probably redo the game again some later time, so I should reveal all of the stuff. :)

Can you link me please? I'm on the phone with insurance company so I'm one hand typing and don't have the time to search for it manually. With your permission, I'll salvage and adapt any ideas you wish to share. I love this game idea, so I want to make sure this survives and becomes something great :)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2011, 12:47:28 pm »

Link, ho!
(OOC link.)
PM me if you want me to go fill out one of the pages better, I've got plenty of time (until school is back, anyway)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2011, 01:21:44 pm »

Question: What color(s) are the crab-like creatures?

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2011, 04:06:33 pm »

Crab-like creatures? Eh, the mud crabs have a green-brown (mostly brown with green tints and markings) carapace on top, but they have the ability to stick mud and other debris onto the surface of their shell to help them blend in. They are nearly invisible if they bury themselves with just their disguised shell sticking out. A mud crab's underside is a light tan. Its claws are a dark brown with green along the inside. It also has greenish eyes. This is, assuming, that you mean the mud crabs and not the Goab who have shrimp tails. :D

Edit: Wiki up: knock yourself out, Ehndras! :D I'm going to be copy-pasta-ing some of my notes into it later. I'm working on the background right now. It's just smalls.wikia.com.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 04:08:43 pm by Edio »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2011, 04:39:13 pm »

Thanks!

Added some major categories: Materials, Major Races, Creatures, Geography, History, for the basics.

I'm going to add general stuff and it can be used or not depending on the GM at the time. Just because a material/creature/race exists or existed at one point does not mean its in a particular game, only that its there for usage if the GM so desires, sort of a non-canonical RP playbook.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2011, 04:40:19 pm »

Yup, saw the edits. Why don't you make an account on it so I can go ahead and give you more priveleges.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2011, 04:43:24 pm »

I've got an account there already, but you need to tone the green down a lot.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2011, 04:44:32 pm »

I'll get my account up, just writing some flavortext for the sections before I get a few pages up.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2011, 04:49:14 pm »

Alrighty. It was definitely too bright. Is it better now? Or did you mean I should add more colors aside from green? It was a choice between a holographic blue and the earthy greens. I'm open to other schemes if you guys don't like this one, though. I'm working on a race template right naow.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10