Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Smalls of Tolla: OOC Thread  (Read 10279 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Smalls of Tolla: OOC Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2011, 04:49:54 pm »

Green looks quite nice now, I'd say.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2011, 04:51:53 pm »

Plus, green has a psychological effect that makes the brain happier.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2011, 04:52:14 pm »

We'll get a nice Smalls-ish design up sometime later, green is fitting, blue is too overused.

Alright, account up under 'Ehndras', and my first edit has come to life. :) Read flavortext in Major Races, tell me what you think. I'm going to theme the wiki like its a species of histographical lexicon of knowledge passed down from elders, detailing the saga of the many races of Smalls that have lived throughout history, sort of a DF-style Succession game idea.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2011, 04:54:34 pm »

Alright, gonna go play some piano and guitar with a few former band-mates of mine, see you all in a few hours!

I'll go on an updating run when I get back :)
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Tidal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_MICROSCOPIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2011, 04:56:31 pm »

Interesting... As soon as I finish some basic templates I'll start putting in info. The flavtext is pretty good. We should have a kind of "quote" or something in italics at the top of each page about the creature/item in there. The quote could be directly from the game itself or made up by someone here, but it should relate to the page interestingly.

Have fun playing le piano.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2011, 01:04:32 pm »

Added Flannigans to Wiki and also added one of my own creations, Altarax Crystal, to the Resources Category. Going to steadily add all the races in the next hour, and add more stuff.

I have a very particular way of working on Wikis, due to my obsessive-compulsive nature and being a perfectionist, so everything tends to be all nice and symmetrical, as well as well-organized. I spend waaaaaay too much effort on those two. :P

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2011, 01:16:37 pm »

One thing: Are there advanced humanoid beings on the surface? I'm not sure from the sunken cobblestone thing from the Goab. The way I understood, we're on a virgin world with its own non-sentient races, the only sentience so far being the merpeople. I'd like to know if there are an equivalent to humans on the planet, so I know which direction to take the backstory, future, and material types.

I can downplay the sunken cobblestone road if needed, there's natural cobblestone made from crushing pressure, aka metamorphic rock, that can be the root for the cobblestone plateau the Goabu live on.

I'm hoping there aren't human equivalents, that'd make things a bit weird. Perhaps on a future game, like encountering intelligent space-faring races once we leave this planet. :)

Edio, let me know okay?

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2011, 01:22:16 pm »

The way I understood, we're on a virgin world with its own non-sentient races, the only sentience so far being the merpeople.

If this was stated somewhere, I accidentally overlooked it. I too can 'downplay' the cobblestone if need be, or if it doesn't brush anyone the wrong way, we could "conjecture" that it is a post-sentient relic..
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2011, 01:25:20 pm »

Btw, how the hell do I link to pages in a category? Seems I've got a bit of research to do. :P

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2011, 01:27:16 pm »

Btw, how the hell do I link to pages in a category? Seems I've got a bit of research to do. :P
1. Goto page you want to link to.
2. Click Add category button on said page.
3. Huzzah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2011, 01:28:16 pm »

o_O Whah? No nono, that's to make categories. Categories and pages are different.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2011, 01:29:07 pm »

A category is like a chapter, pages are, well... :)

I've got a few pages up and I know there's a way to hook them up to a specific category, I'm just not used to the mechanics of this specific wiki. I'll figure it out, though :D

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2011, 01:30:05 pm »

o_O Whah? No nono, that's to make categories. Categories and pages are different.
Are you talking about having the category page link to its contents, or the table of contents thing?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2011, 01:54:49 pm »

Yeah, I guess so.

There should be a way to link to its contents without having to manually put in each hyperlink and code... :P Wiki's tend to have a tool to do that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2011, 01:56:10 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10