Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Cudgelpriests - Glacier Succession Fortress! (Year 4, need more overseers!)  (Read 12591 times)

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cudgelpriests - Glacier Succession Fortress! (Year 4, need more overseers!)
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2011, 01:28:27 am »

Cudglepriests made it through another year. We end the year with more dwarves than we began with and I only lost two on my watch. One was a comrade in arms and the other some poor slob the militia commander tied up in a remote part of the fort.

The last half of the year has flown by with most of it spent digging. We have a new entrance with a pit trap that goes 10 levels down and weapon traps to encourage any intruders to take the plunge. I haven't ordered the tunnel opened to the surface, and will leave that honor to the next overseer.

This drawbridge raises and please note you need to break through to the surface.

This drawbridge retracts and I was thinking of placing two barracks right here, but ran out of time.

The top two levers are from left to right the inner and outer bridges respectively.

We now have a hospital, memorial, and statue garden to help keep the spirits up. Although the hospital is about useless as we have one dwarf stumbling around obviously wounded. I assigned a chief medical officer to some random dwarf that had too many other duties already. Maybe the next overseer will sort that out too.

We received both human and dwarven merchant delegations. Both were ambushed by goblins as they left and both made it away safely. I had a chat with the dwarven diplomat who left me happy and then proceeded to get lost in our tortuous halls. If he left (and I am not sure he has yet) I imagine he was unhappy.

We also have two squads of well trained (although not legendary) militia dwarves. I lead a small squad of hammer dwarves and someone else leads a slightly larger squad of axe dwarves. Our equipment is horrible and I think some of the axe dwarves are carrying silver axes. The next overseer needs to do some more digging to find better ores.

I'm exhausted and am heading to my room (at the bottom of the previous picture). If you need me knock hard, but don't barge in. You'll get a nasty surprise.

Here is the link: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4932
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 03:48:29 pm by Varnifane »
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.
I don't know if you need other ideas when you have magma.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2011, 01:30:37 am »

cant wait to try my hand at this, we'll see how i do. PM me when the you put the download up.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2011, 02:39:18 am »

Some parting ooc thoughts.

• We have (at least) three forgotten beasts forgotten in the caverns.
  • There were three more useless artifacts created during my tenure. One which resulted in a legendary metalsmith.
  • The legendary metalsmith is probably our best bet at getting ahead of the trade game as well as protecting from future tantrum spirals.
  • We have so much galena there is no reason we cant stud every bit of furniture with silver, adding 500- 1200 value per studding. I'd start with the beds.
  • We still have a number of ghosts. So as we make slabs for them we can create separate memorials for them which will each provide happy thoughts. Imagine one of our long hallways or stairwells with five separate memorials along it.
  • Exploratory mining. Exploratory mining. Exploratory mining. We're dwarves and in four years we didn't get below level 15? I am pretty certain if we dig deep enough we will find metal that will meet our needs for exquisite armor and super sharp blades.
I regret to inform the community that the mass murder of puppies does not create a viable clock.

Cousen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2011, 03:33:34 am »

well done man.

I want to sign up for a second turn; my first turn was just horror upon horror.  Children walking in to the prison to beat up chained criminals, then getting killed in turn, and the fell mood....Libash...

On the ghosts in the fortress, there is room, east and a little bit north of where the barracks was.  Any ways, there is a room with a locked door, the door has also been walled of, with remains of a forgotten beast and two dwarf corpses lying in it.   The dwarfs were alive when the door was locked and sealed behind walls....and it was their choice.  They could feel the madness coming on.

I would like the room to stay like that – a tomb, the outside walls engraved and two slabs placed against it to honour the dwarfs inside.   They where the last of the tantrum spiral –Armok’s curse - that were still in any condition to cause trouble.    They died on a refuse pile from thirst after days of gnawing on forgotten beast bones and yak hoofs.    They are the true hero’s, choosing their own fate and saving the fortress with it.

Enigma

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2011, 04:19:08 am »

Amazing job Varnifane! Might just turn things around now! I knew there was some ore aside from galena SOMEWHERE :P

Enigma
Theifofdreams
charred_gp
lastofthelight
accoro
Pisano
Cousen
Varnifane

Coolnesstod
Theifofdreams (2)
Enigma (2)
Naril the Wretched
Cousen (2)
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... he's gone.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2011, 08:49:37 am »

Wont let me download, says there is nothing to download, Will try again in about an hour.

Edit:cant even open the page again.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 09:23:49 am by Coolnesstod »
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2011, 10:22:57 am »

I tried that and a couple of other wimbli links and can't get to any of them.  If it's not available later I'll post it somewhere else.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2011, 01:25:21 pm »

Still not working, page will never load, any ideas to whats causing the problem?

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2011, 04:03:50 pm »

Try this one:

http://www.4shared.com/file/sO1_irOg/Cudgelpriests.html

Not sure if you have to register or not.

You don't have to register.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2011, 04:09:22 pm »

downloading it now, lets hope it works.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2011, 04:42:33 pm »

ok, I currently havent even unpaused and im still fixing things,geez, ill update in a hour or so.
The medical thing is priority 1, and everything else comes after. Also, there are no more named dwarfs, the fuck?

Edit: Just unpaused it and im only getting 10 FPS, This might not work out.

Re-Edit: Cant get above 10 frames, unknown reason, and it just crashed, twice in a row now. Pass it on, Im not gonna be able to play like that.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:31:17 pm by Coolnesstod »

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2011, 05:54:05 pm »

Sorry about the names.

It was running at 80+ over here. I'll download the file from 4shared and try to run it later. Maybe something when it was compressed, or uploaded.

Other than that, what are you "fixing"?

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2011, 06:10:52 pm »

there was some problems, like missing walls, no bridges where there was suppossed to be, and somethings that i thought was fucked, like there being no metal bars in the stockpiles when there clearly was. I think 4shared might of fucked something up? I dont know.

Varnifane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2011, 08:23:34 pm »

I'm home from a water balloon party with my son and will look into it.

Bridges missing and no bars is definitely a glitch.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2011, 08:24:39 pm »

I'll try downloading it as well, since if it's something with Coolness' comp, then it'll default to me anyway. Save time and effort.

EDIT: It's running fine so far. Just gotta figure out where everything is... *rummages around*
Messy messy messy messy.

Edit edit: Orrr... not. The natural stone walls are being depicted with strange symbols, as well as the symbols for aaaalmost everything else. Very few are familiar... :(
Did one of the previous overseers change those values?
Seems to run just fine, except for those tweaks. Also: Found the mass grave! And Enigma's corpse! But not mine... and there's a carpenter running around in one of the store rooms babbling.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13