Advanced search  

Poll

We have decided that our character should establish monopoly on slavery, now :

The
Polls
Are
Closed

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: The Everlasting Slaughter III : Morrowind (Ch1 P10)  (Read 55648 times)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
Re: The Everlasting Slaughter III : Morrowind (Text, Image, Mod and Madness)
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2011, 02:27:23 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I am slightly confused by your message, and not sure how to understand it. But here we go..
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2011, 02:28:32 am »

Good to see you post again Stworca, and nice job with the LP so far.  A question, how do you add a profile image?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2011, 03:23:31 am »

I am slightly confused by your message, and not sure how to understand it. But here we go..

Don't worry, you didn't misinterpret me.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2011, 06:51:32 am »

What I meant was around that area of water. Not sure of the exact location.
Also, if we go to the lighthouse, onto a rock right beside a swamp and jump onto the stump in the swamp, we get a free axe.

Now, i didn't know about that axe  :D Did you find it by jumping around, or is it mentioned somewhere in dialogue / notes?
30 pounds / 100 septims is pretty low value, but it's GOLD Nonetheless.

I was looking around a "get started in morrowind" guide. It was there, I never tried it for ages. It was yesterday when I was starting a new character that I was going up to spy on fargoth and remembered it, so I jumped on the rock just left of the entrance and jumped on the stump for an axe.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2011, 05:16:54 pm »

Chapter 1 : "First Steps"
Part 1

« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:30:55 pm by Stworca »

Basque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Everlasting Slaughter III : Morrowind (Ch1 P1)
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2011, 05:34:41 pm »

Ha! XD Once again Stworca you have a good talent for writing some witty lines. Even not knowing a lot about this game in particular I'm enjoying this LP because of you writing (and to learn more about the game as a bonus). I was trying to follow some of the spoiler comments and didn't fully understand them, but I take it the sandbox nature of the game allows you to encounter enemies like Ghosts long before you're capable of actually defeating them? "RUN!" indeed.

As a side note, I like the laurels and regal theme we have going for the character here. If you don't mind me asking is that appearance from the mods or in the original game? Did the mods just improve the graphics or completely rehaul the models and everything?

Finally, yay fireballs! :D Every game is always better when you can throw fireballs. It was true for Super Mario Bros and it's true now!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2011, 05:34:59 pm »

Enjoying this LP immensely, as I did Spain:TW.  Really like the justification for doing the tax collector quest and the characterisation of the 'smug dick' PC.  =D
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2011, 05:43:42 pm »

I take it the sandbox nature of the game allows you to encounter enemies like Ghosts long before you're capable of actually defeating them? "RUN!" indeed.

The game is open, and for the most part not level scaled (There are exceptions though. Daedra's are nearly all level dependant), thus : Yes, you can get knee deep in manure relatively easy. If you game the system, you can get out of any trouble, and beat the game in 5 minutes (main plot that is) but i never liked powergaming in Morrowind. It came too easy, and required no thought.

Ghosts are generaly easy (most at least) but we have some "DIE, PLAYER" mods installed.

Normally at our current state i would -rest-, to heal our wounds (The red bar is our health, blue one is mana, green one is stamina) but we go for it.

As a side note, I like the laurels and regal theme we have going for the character here. If you don't mind me asking is that appearance from the mods or in the original game? Did the mods just improve the graphics or completely rehaul the models and everything?

Faces, hairstyles and bodies of both our character and all NPC's are mod-based. The vanilla textures are.. old. Not incredibly ugly (back in the day the graphics were very good, and the water was amazing) but not appealing enough to let them stay.
The laurels are a part of a hairstyle

Edit : Ah yes. Any questions about mechanics or the -existing- parts of the LP, i shall answer whenever i'm able to. Questions about future parts of the LP will most likely NOT get answered in public. (Spoilers, et cetera)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 05:58:48 pm by Stworca »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2011, 08:12:08 pm »

What mod are you using to have that lasting burning effect? It's badass to have a burning cliff racer flying around, that's what it is. I don't remember that in vanilla anyways, but hell, maybe I'm wrong.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2011, 02:16:50 am »

i've got a technical question, playing morrowind, and using a stealth/bow character...it always seems i can't get to hit enemies until they get closer. and even then, i need to have the pointer a little bit "down" respect the monster (have to aim for the legs to hit the torso, to say)...is it some kind of physics gone awry, is it normal, or do i need to search for a bug fix?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2011, 03:55:15 am »

Are you sure you are not hitting at all..? (not damaging : Hitting)
You score a 'hit' when the hp of the monster is visible as a yellow bar.
Also, there are no hit zones. Your arrow can hit the enemy in the head, but the splash will appear on the foot.

The archery in this game, while ignoring wind and things like that, is quite accurate. Practice, young padawan, and soon you will hit cliff racers who are flying sideways, while being mid-air from a jump yourself.

What mod are you using to have that lasting burning effect?

Blood and gore. It has effects for all elements : also blood (and gore).

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2011, 03:57:16 am »

ah so maybe even if i'm hitting, having chitin bow+chitin arrows makes the damage so minimum it doesn't get marked? :/
seems strange though when i do see the damage, it gets half bar away.
maybe it's just the crits...hmmm...oh well.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2011, 03:59:16 am »

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2011, 04:06:01 am »

Read this.

Then this.

you are the bestestestest!

edit:
fatigue and luck as dump stats mine were.
NOW I UNDERSTAND THE IRONY.

Miggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2011, 06:58:39 am »

Normally at our current state i would -rest-, to heal our wounds (The red bar is our health, blue one is mana, green one is stamina) but we go for it.

Yeah, no kidding. :P Every picture I get twitches seeing the low bars.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10