Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!  (Read 76161 times)

kradidark

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!
« Reply #420 on: August 18, 2011, 08:44:43 am »

GAHHH *rage*
three freaking orc priests in one group and they decide to use their freaking smite on me before i can confuse them all >.<

Note to self: don't try to melee yaks even if you confuse them <.<
edit: I also should have gone up and destroyed that ghost I left alone -.-
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 08:52:35 am by kradidark »

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 18, 2011, 01:29:54 pm »

Nooooo!

Level 27 ogre assassin died in Zot, an entirely preventable death brought about by stupidity when I had an almost certain way of escaping.  :(

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 18, 2011, 01:31:46 pm »

Ouch!  That was my best ever run by a HOPr.  I didn't expect that Vampire Knight to paralyze me.

It's a shame too.  No one had won HO or Pr when I started that game.  It would have been worth quite a few points.  And I had at least 2 High Priests, 2 Warlords, a Sorcerer and Nergalle.

Oh well.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 18, 2011, 05:09:51 pm »

Blacksmiths got a win! First demigod win in the tournament, too :D Second FE win, and tied for current second lowest XL on a victory, heh.

Coming up was surprisingly painless, but very intense. I ended up using OoD to knock down walls in order to cut down distance to the next stairs :P

Thanks to th'folks on #b12crawl for advice!
Ooh, just noticed that win, splendid job!

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #424 on: August 18, 2011, 08:49:02 pm »

Well the tables have turned on me. All of the low hanging fruit that was the majority of my high scores have been picked by someone else. Guess I just have to focus on playing real games now.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Taxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 18, 2011, 09:31:11 pm »

Ok folks, teams will be frozen on Aug 21 at 0:00 UTC, so let's get organized. I suggest we break up the Haulers and the Peasants, who have a total of 8 active players between them. There are 10 open slots between the Masons, Miners, Engravers, Soapers, and Brewers, so I suggest you players decide which team to be on.

Players who would need teams if we did this:
ardesh (ajikeshi)
Watwar5 (MinsEcho)
CrimsonEon (FailWStyle)
Ullallulloo
userpay
du3lingdragon
EmperorNuthulu (Nuthulu)
Detonate

teams with openings:
Bay12 Masons: (High Intermediate)
C. huhu - 1 rune
2. VogonPoet (vogonpoetB12) - got one rune, can sometimes clear Lair
3. Toaster (StToaster) - been to Vault:7
4. lerugray - been to Elf:7
5. akhier - had runes before

Bay12 Miners: (Intermediate)
C. RexNex
2. HachnSlay - reached Lair
3. Vherid - reached Lair
4. Seriyu - been to Lair

Bay12 Engravers: (Intermediate)
C. Will Alvein (WillAlvein)
2. HammerDave (blueDave) - cleared Orc and Lair
3. BigBoss - cleared Lair
4. Juraz - gotten runes once or twice

Bay12 Soapers: (Beginners)
C. Cheese (Cheeseh)
2. PhantomSpaceMan (Tammuz)
3. Nistenf

Bay12 Brewers: (Miscellaneous / People who aren't sure how much they will play)
C. Kamina - 2 wins
2. kradidark - been to d:10
3. absolutego - 6 or 7 wins
4. Gigalith

Post what team you'd like to be on and let's get our config files updated.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 19, 2011, 01:27:06 am »

Well might as well put me in Brewers because I'm still waiting for 0.9 webtiles to launch, plus with school and ren faire looming I won't have much time once it finally does.

ardesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 19, 2011, 04:56:45 am »

id be happy to join engravers... since i almost regularly make it to orc mines or lair and can almost clear the lair

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 19, 2011, 06:43:52 am »

can anyone give me some good class combos for ashnzari? ive been interested to try him out more. i had a bad string of games two days ago and took a day off from playing, but i think im ready to get back into the crawl universe.

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 19, 2011, 07:58:37 am »

can anyone give me some good class combos for ashnzari? ive been interested to try him out more. i had a bad string of games two days ago and took a day off from playing, but i think im ready to get back into the crawl universe.

Earth Elementalist: LRD and Shatter can hit monsters behind walls etc, and with Ashenzari you can detect monsters so can hit them without being able to see them.

Stalker: Like EE, but use passwall to stab monsters you have detected on the other side of a wall.

Edit: suggested combos - HuEE, SEEE, maybe MDEE, KoSt, VpSt.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:02:53 am by Moron »

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 19, 2011, 08:19:45 am »

SpEn works really well.  It's easier to run from/avoid monsters when you know where they are.  You can detect packs of monsters before you see them and go invisible.  You also know where to blink/teleport to.  You have low carrying capacity, so ID is a boon.

lerugray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 19, 2011, 08:58:27 am »

SpEn works really well.  It's easier to run from/avoid monsters when you know where they are.  You can detect packs of monsters before you see them and go invisible.  You also know where to blink/teleport to.  You have low carrying capacity, so ID is a boon.

I figured using spriggans wouldnt be that great with ashenzari since they cant wear as much armor and the piety gain was nerfed for 9.0, but being able to see stuff and out run everything sounds nice

Earth Elementalist: LRD and Shatter can hit monsters behind walls etc, and with Ashenzari you can detect monsters so can hit them without being able to see them.

Stalker: Like EE, but use passwall to stab monsters you have detected on the other side of a wall.

Edit: suggested combos - HuEE, SEEE, maybe MDEE, KoSt, VpSt.

Im really liking SEEE so far, they also have high aptitudes for stabbing sneaking and fighting so they work as competent stabbers as well, thanks!

Update: book of clouds and warchants found, thanks to metaphtic cloud, repel missles, and LRD, and an artifact sabre (speed, rf+ rN+) it rules!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 10:34:39 am by lerugray »

Will Alvein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 19, 2011, 09:03:13 am »

id be happy to join engravers... since i almost regularly make it to orc mines or lair and can almost clear the lair

Your name is added to the team now, so feel free to join, and welcome :D

Ullallulloo

• Bay Watcher
  • My paperclip's name is Thomasalexandrenite.
    • View Profile
    • Ullallulloo's Blog
« Reply #433 on: August 19, 2011, 10:45:19 am »

If we're gonna break them up, I'd probably want to go to the miners.

du3lingdragon

• Bay Watcher
  • only robots will eat your babies
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 19, 2011, 10:47:31 am »

I would like to move up to intermediate, either miners or engravers, ive been playing a lot and made it to lair 2 or 3 times in this tourney.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44