Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!  (Read 76149 times)

Taxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!
« Reply #405 on: August 17, 2011, 09:53:49 pm »

I haven't heard any objections, so I think we should go ahead and take on new players who want to join, replacing team members who haven't signed up yet. So Exliontamer can join the Soapers, Thndr can join the Engravers, and zchris13 can join the Brewers. Sound good? Team captains, go for it!

Taxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 17, 2011, 10:01:54 pm »

We have enough empty slots that we could also disband one of the teams and fill out the other teams.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 17, 2011, 10:02:03 pm »

Blacksmiths got a win! First demigod win in the tournament, too :D Second FE win, and tied for current second lowest XL on a victory, heh.

Coming up was surprisingly painless, but very intense. I ended up using OoD to knock down walls in order to cut down distance to the next stairs :P

Thanks to th'folks on #b12crawl for advice!
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Thornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 17, 2011, 10:11:00 pm »

http://crawl.akrasiac.org/rawdata/Thornet/Thornet.txt

Woo, rune #3! I've never gotten this far before. I've got no idea what I should do now, and what I should prepare for.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 17, 2011, 10:22:30 pm »

You'll be very sad if you go in Zot without rElec or rFire.

You have a randart ring you haven't IDed yet, and you should probably be wearing the other one.  Could give Elven a shot for loots.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 17, 2011, 10:38:37 pm »

Added you to the Brewers, zchris13, welcome to the team!

Grats on the win, Frumple!  That makes five bay12 wins this year so far.  The winners thus far would be: ggeezz and Taxus(taxon) of the Champions, absolutego and myself of the Brewers, and Frumple of the Blacksmiths.  Special props to absolutego for winning with a VpAE to get the Nemelex's Choice ribbon.

Thornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 18, 2011, 12:03:21 am »

You'll be very sad if you go in Zot without rElec or rFire.

You have a randart ring you haven't IDed yet, and you should probably be wearing the other one.  Could give Elven a shot for loots.

Haven't had any luck finding some rElec, but I got plenty of rFire lying around. Have cleared elven and vaults and didn't really get anything worthwhile :/

Taxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 18, 2011, 01:04:32 am »

Thornet, try raiding Crypt for goodies and experience... C:5 usually has good loot.

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 18, 2011, 01:18:16 am »

Edit: I just finished off all of the unplayed combos.

You crazy diamond you. Awesome work :)
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #414 on: August 18, 2011, 02:11:09 am »

Now that everything has been done at least once I am going by tens and getting all scores up past a certain point. I now have all scores on the list to at least 30.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 18, 2011, 03:44:03 am »

Fair enough - I am working on the lowest combo high score which doesn't belong to you - My HaAK just killed Sigmund in the Temple at level 8 :)
Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 18, 2011, 04:49:26 am »

I haven't heard any objections, so I think we should go ahead and take on new players who want to join, replacing team members who haven't signed up yet. So Exliontamer can join the Soapers, Thndr can join the Engravers, and zchris13 can join the Brewers. Sound good? Team captains, go for it!

Again, didn't exliontamer say he's of intermediate skill? I'll add him to the team for now though.

E: Welcome to the team, lion tamer. I've replaced lolcat with you, I'm assuming your CAO/CDO username is the same as your B12 username.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:51:43 am by Cheese »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #417 on: August 18, 2011, 04:54:24 am »

I really should make sure I don't steal another bay12ers high score though so far its mostly just me down at the bottom. Don't worry about taking my scores because if you can take them someone else could as well and it might as well be someone from bay12 that gets it. Also the lowest score is now 40.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 18, 2011, 06:05:18 am »

Blacksmiths got a win! First demigod win in the tournament, too :D Second FE win, and tied for current second lowest XL on a victory, heh.

Coming up was surprisingly painless, but very intense. I ended up using OoD to knock down walls in order to cut down distance to the next stairs :P

Thanks to th'folks on #b12crawl for advice!

Nice one!! Very impressive.

I wish I had more time to play, I thought I'd be able to play a bunch of games this week but distractions started showing up now of all times.

absolutego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 18, 2011, 06:28:28 am »

DEHu is very hard.
i mean, you can always go trog or something, but i've already done that (it was my first online win, for kicks). playing it more or less straight  (as opposed to disabling bows, going berserker/wizard and never looking back, if you manage to make it past the early slump) is tough.

and i lost a HOAr with amazing equipment to nessos and stupidity. i had an early storm dragon armour, a decent shield and the dagger of chilly death before lair. : (
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:31:39 am by absolutego »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 44