Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!  (Read 76175 times)

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!
« Reply #360 on: August 15, 2011, 10:55:23 pm »

Just to restate it, I don't know anything about irc and to get my password reset I need to talk to someone on the crawl irc named rax. Can someone please help and either tell me how to use irc, ask rax for me, or give me some other way to reset my password or contact rax. I apparently can't play in the tournament if I don't have access to my CAO account which is also called akhier.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Thornet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 15, 2011, 11:13:34 pm »

Woot, got my first rune of the Tourney. Swamp was a cakewalk. Now I think I'll go for shoals, or maybe level up a bit more in Vaults.

Looks like the other players in my clan are also on good runs. Go recruits!

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 15, 2011, 11:51:54 pm »

Just to restate it, I don't know anything about irc and to get my password reset I need to talk to someone on the crawl irc named rax. Can someone please help and either tell me how to use irc, ask rax for me, or give me some other way to reset my password or contact rax. I apparently can't play in the tournament if I don't have access to my CAO account which is also called akhier.

So, much to my shame, I totally failed to work out how to get my IRC client set up properly at work - I couldn't get it past the firewall for some reason. Luckily, a local IRC client is not actually needed - go here http://webchat.freenode.net/ instead. Give yourself a name, and log onto the

##crawl

channel and ask there. If they redirect you to another channel (I think there is a ##crawl-dev or somesuch channel for instance), then got to the 'Status' tab on webchat, and type

/join #nameoftheotherchannel.

Some of us can be found on #B12crawl for instance. Hope this helps.
If you fail to track rax down, you can create new usernames on both servers (with the B12 suffix perhaps like I did), and use those - there is a way of linking them with your other account for the statistics using the !nick command on ##crawl, although now we really are the blind leading the blind (I used to IRC regularly like 10 years ago, but now I know nothing), so we can worry about that later perhaps

Everything I know about reality, I learned from Dwarf Fortress.

Taxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 16, 2011, 12:08:16 am »

Okay Bay12 teams... we need at least one VpAE win, in honor of the upcoming "undead" DF release. Who's with me?

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 16, 2011, 12:18:57 am »

I love vampires, so I might give an AE a try now my VaHu is dead.

Akhier, I think you will just have to chill out on ##crawl waiting for rax to show up.

There is probably a command to check when he was last on, but I know it not, anyone else have a clue?

Edit:

Looks like you will be ok Akhier, but just wanted to remind you, any games you play now on CDO will, I repeat *will* count to the team as soon as you get your CAO account sorted, so there is no need to wait now for rax to wake up, you can go ahead and play and hopefully he will sort you out in time
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 12:30:09 am by vogonpoet »

Taxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 16, 2011, 12:28:12 am »

You can send them a private message asking about your password. If they are not around, they will see it later and respond.

/msg rax hi there

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #366 on: August 16, 2011, 12:34:35 am »

Okay good to know, I guess I can start grinding combos now. I was told to !tell rax in the channel so I did, should I have instead done something else?
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 16, 2011, 12:36:22 am »

Woot, got my first rune of the Tourney. Swamp was a cakewalk. Now I think I'll go for shoals, or maybe level up a bit more in Vaults.

Looks like the other players in my clan are also on good runs. Go recruits!

Keep it up, those pesky engravers are gaining on us!

Got 2 runes too on my current DrEE :p Not dead yet, but i'm going to do vault soon, scary scary vaults.

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 16, 2011, 12:40:04 am »

Cool, thank you! Now all I need to do is remember how that irc thing worked.

Edit: okay I don't remember, could someone hold my hand through what I need to do or contact rax for me to reset my password?

It would be very nice if you could join in. With a full roster, we'll aim for the top ten!

That said, my current run is easily the best mage character I've had so far. I never really realised how versatile and beautiful magic can be - There's both direct damage (Poison Arrow, Orb of Destruction) and crowd control (Fireball, Fire Storm) gifted from the coolest magic god around, Vehumet. I added another layer of complexity into this strategy by wielding a staff of conjuration. So far it works fine for almost any situation, just grabbed a Barnacled Rune.  The only touch and go situation was when Mennas blindsided me in Snake:5, so that rune will have to wait for a bit longer.

vogonpoet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 16, 2011, 01:22:12 am »

It would be very nice if you could join in. With a full roster, we'll aim for the top ten!

Ambition, I like it ;). Sadly most of my points will probably disappear by the end of the tourney, as they are basically current low high scores for incredibly unpopular/dumb/neglected combos... I would love to have at least one combo high score to my name by the end of the tourney, but not sure how likey that is... Still, there are 154 combos yet to be played this tourney, so maybe my HECK or some such will get lucky :)

Speaking of, anyone got any good God tips for a MDSu? I went Okie then remembered summons count as allies, so that kinda screwed that up... I feel as a representative of B12 I should be playing dwarves quite often, but going Vehumet or Sif on an MDSu feels pointless - don't expect to become much of a caster really, and was planning on just using summons as an escape option to begin with.

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 16, 2011, 03:17:27 am »

E: Chardump. Any tips re: incredibly stupid choices/obvious oversights would be nice, heh.

Well, there's the obvious : you raised two skills which anti-synergise (okay, lvl 5 is not very high but for a skill with the equivalent of -5 aptitude, that's quite a lot of xp down the gutter). In general, it seems to me that you are a bit too spread out. While versatility is good, sometimes you have to bring the big guns to deal with tough enemies and you don't really have any big gun (although Throw Icicle is effective for quite a long time). Nothing terrible, but you will probably have to make a choice between Fire magic, Ice magic, and Transmutation/Unarmed in the future. Also, if you can get your hands on Orb of Destruction, do it, it will give you the high damaging spell you sometime just needs. In the long run, aim for Fire Storm/Ice Storm.
Also, be wary of spider form. While it gives awesome speed and evasion, it also gives terrible AC and a pack of yaktaurs for example will destroy you in one round.
But all in all, it seems like a nice run, and more importantly, a fun one. Have fun and avoid Nikola, Mennas and Mara like the plague.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 03:20:29 am by Alg »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #371 on: August 16, 2011, 04:09:11 am »

So I "!tell nax" that I had forgot my password and was wondering how long it will take for him to take notice and help me. Also will he just reset my password and send the new one to my email or will I need to be on ##crawl to tell him that I need it reset?

Taxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 16, 2011, 08:36:10 am »

I tried to get my old 'Taxus' account password reset a few weeks ago. It took them a few hours to respond to me on IRC. They attempted to reset my password and it didn't work for some reason. Then they asked me to email them and it took about a week for them to get back to me.

Maybe they are paying more attention now because of the tournament, or maybe they are paying less attention because they're busy with the tournament. I ended up creating a new account (taxon). I wanted to try for a fresh start anyway.

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 16, 2011, 08:45:32 am »

Congratulations on your win by the way, HaWn of Jiyva is quite impressive.

I haven't had time to play yet and I'm disappointed that HaVM is no longer a Nemelex Choice, I love the little buggers. Although KoSk could be awesome too.

Taxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 16, 2011, 09:12:32 am »

Thanks Alg! It was annoying as crap because Jiyva kept shuffling my intelligence lower, and I was relying on spells to overcome my weaknesses.

Missing team members: Below is a summary of the people who haven't registered for their teams yet, and some who haven't given their CAO usernames. We have until the 21st to get them squared away, but I'd say we should figure out who's actually going to play, so we can consolidate our most active members appropriately.

It's been proposed that Exliontamer join the Soapers and Thndr join the Engravers, and I'm ok with that if everyone else is, so I'd say the team captains can take action if no one disagrees.

If your name's on this list, please follow these instructions, or let us know if you're not going to be playing. Thanks!

Masons:
1. acehawk

Miners:
1. MaxWhite
2. Ochita

Engravers:
1. Kav
2. Aizndor (did we get that name right?)

Soapers:
1. PsyberianHusky
2. catastrophic lolcat(name?)
3. lastplaneout

Haulers:
1. Yoink
2. Xgamer4

Peasants:
1. comrade
2. abculatter_2

Brewers:
1. Ehndras