Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44

Author Topic: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!  (Read 76174 times)

absolutego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Crawl Tournament 2011! Come represent Bay12!
« Reply #345 on: August 15, 2011, 12:01:12 pm »

lair is nearly always safer than the alternatives. some builds may want to do the mines first, but it's rare. just be sure you can deal with spiny frogs and the occasional black mamba (a good wand or two will do) and run away from hydras if you can't deal with them (they're normal speed unless they're on water).

du3lingdragon

• Bay Watcher
  • only robots will eat your babies
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 15, 2011, 12:10:11 pm »

uh, im a draconian beserker for the luls, thanks for the advice

ggeezz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 15, 2011, 12:39:58 pm »

uh, im a draconian beserker for the luls, thanks for the advice

Definitely do at least the first few levels of the Lair.  Just don't let your berserk end with monsters around.  And don't go fighting a hydra with a non-flaming edged weapon.  And respect the black mambas and spiny frogs.  Packs of blink frogs are tougher than you'd think too, and extremely dangerous to berserk on since they blink.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2011, 12:59:52 pm »

Grrr. . .Black Mambas have done in my best chars-spriggans. They are faster.

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2011, 02:11:02 pm »

Damn, forgot to join in when there was an available team. I would've been great in the "Not sure how much" group.

Although it being only 2 weeks might've not seen me play much at all, last year I played spurratically but that was towards the beginning and end of the month

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #350 on: August 15, 2011, 03:00:03 pm »

I have this in my CDO trunk(.9) options in the very top line:
# TEAMCAPTAIN huhu
and my name is akhier so I should show up despite not.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:06:33 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Will Alvein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2011, 03:32:49 pm »

Well, so far two of the players in our team haven't really given any sign of being active, they haven't joined the team at all, so I'd like Thndr to join our team if he wants, unless both of them show up right now. I guess that's allowed, if everyone is okay with it?

Taxus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 15, 2011, 03:48:00 pm »

It's not my decision, but in my opinion I think it's ok to replace a team member who hasn't joined the team yet or commented recently. If the replaced person shows up they could join another team.

If the group is ok with that, I know Exliontamer wanted to join Soapers too.

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 15, 2011, 03:59:21 pm »

It's not my decision, but in my opinion I think it's ok to replace a team member who hasn't joined the team yet or commented recently. If the replaced person shows up they could join another team.

If the group is ok with that, I know Exliontamer wanted to join Soapers too.

Two members of the Masons are also missing. Maybe some of the teams could be combined, if no one else wants to join?

absolutego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: August 15, 2011, 04:24:01 pm »

Damn, forgot to join in when there was an available team. I would've been great in the "Not sure how much" group.

Although it being only 2 weeks might've not seen me play much at all, last year I played spurratically but that was towards the beginning and end of the month

the teams' makeup can change in whichever way 'til the 21st.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #355 on: August 15, 2011, 04:44:53 pm »

Ok I have a problem it seems. If this:
About CDO:

Just to reassure any one on this side of the pond (thats the right hand side, aka the east), the CDO server is fine for playing in the Tourney: The current Trunk build has been reverted to 0.9, so just go ahead and hit 't' on the menu and 'p'lay (I think they intend to release 0.9 soon, and have Trunk as 0.10 or whatever. but right now Trunk = 0.9). Before that though, you will need to sign up on CAO with the same username, as its the CAO rcfile that gets read to establish whether or not you are in a team.

So for the moment:
1. Register with CAO and CDO with the same user name.
2. Edit rcfile on CAO with #TEAMCAPTAIN nameofteamcaptain
3. Play 'T'runk to hearts content on CDO.
4. ???
5. Profit.

I tried a few games on CAO, but from here (Serbia) the lag was pretty horrid, it was giving me a headache watching the screen jerk around all the time.

Also, for the record, I have been restricted so far to playing my few games sober, nor am I sure I will be able to find time for heavy drunken play later :(. Just call me a stinky elf.
Is right about needing a CAO account then I need to be able to retrieve my CAO password as the only reason I play on CDO is that I lost my CAO password. Does anyone know how I can get my password or have it reset?
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 15, 2011, 04:50:47 pm »

That happened to me, contact rax in the irc and he (she?) will reset it for you. You will need to remember the e-mail you registered with though

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #357 on: August 15, 2011, 05:09:45 pm »

Cool, thank you! Now all I need to do is remember how that irc thing worked.

Edit: okay I don't remember, could someone hold my hand through what I need to do or contact rax for me to reset my password?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 05:18:43 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »

du3lingdragon

• Bay Watcher
  • only robots will eat your babies
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 15, 2011, 07:41:19 pm »

Stupid orcish mines, i was doing good untill a combination of beserk and nearly no health let me be oneshotted from afar. But hey at least 16052 is a tourney DrBe record

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 15, 2011, 10:08:32 pm »

Current run's kinda' hilarious to me. DgFE, whose primary spells used the last half dozen or so dungeon levels have been oz's armor, condensation shield, spider form, and throw icicle... with a dash of sticky flame, here and there. Having 31 ev/17 sh on a fire elementalist is chuckleworthy. Punching (well, biting, really...) cyclops to death with a character whose int is still their highest stat, just tickles me. Lotta' other crazy things, really.

FE most fun when played to get sticky flame and then abandoned for transmutations and ice magic, apparently :P

Had a grand ol'time in the orc mines. One level started off with me surrounded with about 20-30 orcs. I made the incredibly stupid impeccably intelligent decision to go spider, pop condensation shield, and start spewing meph cloud around. Shortly thereafter, there's a screen full of dead orcs and an incredibly smug looking spider :P

As an aside, I'm finding that condensation shield is pretty sexy. Especially for transmuters, since it works while shifted. Just quite nice, yesyes.

E: Chardump. Any tips re: incredibly stupid choices/obvious oversights would be nice, heh.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 10:27:07 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 44