Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 577

Author Topic: Games you wish existed  (Read 956916 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Games you wish existed
« Reply #810 on: April 15, 2012, 11:01:36 am »

I want a single-player Shores of Hazeron. Build cities and colonies, explore procedurally-generated planets and star systems, design every facet of your starships...it'd be awesome, and no worrying about crippling lag or starting smack-dab in the middle of a larger empire that only lets you live at it's whim.
This would be awesome. I like everything about Hazeron except the multiplayer and unplayable lag.

We don't even have a Shores of Horizon with GOOD multiplayer even for those large empires.

It still is a pretty awsome game though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 15, 2012, 12:31:48 pm »

I want a single-player Shores of Hazeron. Build cities and colonies, explore procedurally-generated planets and star systems, design every facet of your starships...it'd be awesome, and no worrying about crippling lag or starting smack-dab in the middle of a larger empire that only lets you live at it's whim.
This would be awesome. I like everything about Hazeron except the multiplayer and unplayable lag.

We don't even have a Shores of Horizon with GOOD multiplayer even for those large empires.

It still is a pretty awsome game though.
I'd say it's a game with awesome potential. Still needs a lot of work.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 15, 2012, 01:33:25 pm »

-Most epic dragony idea ever-

Yes yes yes! I'm pretty sure I thought of this when I finished the first book. What would be really cool is if there was multiple campains, so in one, you play as the british against the french, but in another campain you could be the Japanese fighting off the Chinese (for whatever reason), so the Japanese have far more dragons with special abilities, as apposed the the Chinese dragons' superior numbers and greater speed (maybe better tactics, because of the imperials and celestials). Another thing, only briefly mentioned in the books, is Machu Pichu (I think, I'll have to check to be sure), so you could be the the Incas fighting off the settlers.

God I want this game so much.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 15, 2012, 02:34:03 pm »

-Most epic dragony idea ever-

Yes yes yes! I'm pretty sure I thought of this when I finished the first book. What would be really cool is if there was multiple campains, so in one, you play as the british against the french, but in another campain you could be the Japanese fighting off the Chinese (for whatever reason), so the Japanese have far more dragons with special abilities, as apposed the the Chinese dragons' superior numbers and greater speed (maybe better tactics, because of the imperials and celestials). Another thing, only briefly mentioned in the books, is Machu Pichu (I think, I'll have to check to be sure), so you could be the the Incas fighting off the settlers.

God I want this game so much.

My idea isn't linked to the looks aka "Temeraire: The Game" just that the two share a common core idea: dragons instead of airplanes + war (and that the books inspired the game).

That and all too many games make the player "somebody super-important."  And while this works, it's not...satisfying in the same way (you always win, there are no other outcomes).  RTS games put you in a command role and allow a theoretical position that "losing a battle isn't losing the game: reload" (although very very few games allow this, and of those that do, it's story driven!*).  Combine the ability to dynamically control territory** with control over AI processes (the tactics portion), plus "first person dog-fighting," and there's real potential.

*One example I can think of is...World in Conflict: you're told to retreat from a losing battle so that the higher-ups can drop a nuke on some small Wisconson town in order to delay the Russian advance.  That isn't "losing per say" but that the plot required that you retreat.

**TF2 does have a Territory Control map.  Only one, because the logic entities required in order to make it work correctly is ungodly complex, so no one bothers.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 15, 2012, 02:55:06 pm »

I guess I made one too many assumptions there, but the idea would still be absolutely awesome. Something else to consider would be non - battle gameplay: When you're in a camp, especially a badly organised one, a challenge could be aquiring food for your dragon and crew.
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 15, 2012, 02:58:18 pm »

I guess I made one too many assumptions there, but the idea would still be absolutely awesome. Something else to consider would be non - battle gameplay: When you're in a camp, especially a badly organised one, a challenge could be aquiring food for your dragon and crew.

Oh the game could be set in the Temeraire universe if a hypothetical dev wanted to do it (and got the rights of course).  It's just not essential.

Also, yes, non-battle gameplay is certainly an idea and possibility. :)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 15, 2012, 03:25:40 pm »

A team based combat engineering game.

All the different vehicles and machines would have each their own little quirks. The game would rely on the players skill and knowlegde.
Everything would be complex to operate. For example things like repairing a damaged vehicle would include opening up the thing, locating the problem if not indicated by its dashboard, if available. Do whatever it takes, wehter its tightening a bolt, fixing a hole in a pipe, reconnecting torn cables, or even replacing the whole thing. People would be able to do quick fixes and modifications to their vehicles, but it wouldnt be some fancy drag drop menu, but actually moving around physical objects in the world.

Imagine you are a pilot, returning from a recog mission(some of the other teams guys decided to camp somewhere out in the mountains or something), suddenly the engine shudders and starts loosing power, alot of smoke comes from it, forcing you to do a crash landing. You land somewhere out there in the wild, long away from the much more knowlegdeable team mates back in the hangar. What would you do? I would grab the service kit i was so lucky to stow away, open up the engine and look inside. Oh, look, a piston jammed! Damn how am i going to fix this? *starts meleeing the piston part* oh finally its no longer jammed, a bit battered now.. but ill get that fixed when i get back. Oh jesus that was a hard takeoff! i'd bet the gears are completely fucked! Oh god its getting windy.. HOLY SHIT IM SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL, NONONONONON- *crash* "You are dead."

Later a bunch of guys finds a plane wreck, missing the right wing, later another bunch of guys drives out to get the wreck home. Investigation turns out a very hard bump had loosened a bunch of bolts.

Kind of like Combat Flight Sim meets Ace of Spades with a bigger and smoother map, combined with alot of detailed ways of fixing stuff.. oh god also realistic surgercial procedures! That would be badass! Like saving a bunch of plane crash survivors. Or the joy of shooting down planes with a flak gun, seeing their pilots ragdoll all over a cliff, scattering body parts everywhere! Then salvaging their plane for parts for your car that some random bear decided to fuck up.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Blah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 15, 2012, 04:12:25 pm »

A RPG/RTS hybrid in a space science-fiction setting. Small scale battles between spaceships in a procedurally generated universe with random events. Take the depth and variety of traditional fantasy RPGs and mix them with a good dose of Homeworld sexiness and good use of randomization. Like in Homeworld, the gameplay revolves around your mothership which serves as mobile base of operations.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:16:39 pm by Blah »

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 18, 2012, 07:38:29 am »

Necromunda. That is all.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 18, 2012, 04:06:03 pm »

A modern game based on Shadowrun, from early in the setting back when it was still cool.  Not an FPS though, because the last time they tried that it sucked.

oh wait

Yar har ho tee hee har!
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 18, 2012, 05:18:01 pm »

Minecraft but hi-def and you could build shit however
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 18, 2012, 05:25:52 pm »

A modern game based on Shadowrun, from early in the setting back when it was still cool.  Not an FPS though, because the last time they tried that it sucked.

oh wait

Yar har ho tee hee har!

You saw this didn't you?

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 18, 2012, 05:48:42 pm »

That's what the 'oh wait' is for.  I've been getting a lot of my wishes lately.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 18, 2012, 08:36:59 pm »

That's what the 'oh wait' is for.  I've been getting a lot of my wishes lately.

That's what the past tense was for. ;)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #824 on: April 28, 2012, 02:45:23 am »

Ghostbusters Roguelike.

Aw yeah.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 577