Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239468 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1440 on: December 07, 2012, 09:05:50 pm »

He game gave up to fast I almost had necro 1
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: December 08, 2012, 12:44:24 am »

Got to 8 wins in a row...

9th game, single draft as always. Get Drow. "Yes, goddamn 9 wins in a row guaranteed!" Game goes on for 20 minutes and Axe leaves and never comes back for some reason. Game is a loss. =|

Nope! That game didn't count!

9th game, single draft as always. Get Phantom Lancer. "Yes, goddamn 9 wins in a row guaranteed!"

https://dotabuff.com/players/42222911/matches

8)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: December 08, 2012, 12:51:43 am »

Got to 8 wins in a row...

9th game, single draft as always. Get Drow. "Yes, goddamn 9 wins in a row guaranteed!" Game goes on for 20 minutes and Axe leaves and never comes back for some reason. Game is a loss. =|

Nope! That game didn't count!

9th game, single draft as always. Get Phantom Lancer. "Yes, goddamn 9 wins in a row guaranteed!"

https://dotabuff.com/players/42222911/matches

8)
How come when you go pl you never go radiance?

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: December 08, 2012, 12:53:33 am »

Awesome job dude!

Wow, 10 for 0 on Broodmother?! O_O

*compared team compositions*

... Oh. :P

Edit : Alkhemia Radiance is old build for PL IIRC, now it's better to get diffusal for the agility buff it gives. PL hyperscales with agility, it increases the armor, damage, and attack speed, of him and his illusions and increases the rate at which illusions are spawned from both sources.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 12:59:11 am by Korbac »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: December 08, 2012, 01:03:53 am »

Awesome job dude!

Wow, 10 for 0 on Broodmother?! O_O

*compared team compositions*

... Oh. :P

Edit : Alkhemia Radiance is old build for PL IIRC, now it's better to get diffusal for the agility buff it gives. PL hyperscales with agility, it increases the armor, damage, and attack speed, of him and his illusions and increases the rate at which illusions are spawned from both sources.
But you can use the radiance to farm everything at once and get the items faster but I see your point

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: December 08, 2012, 01:06:13 am »

That's a good point but in the lategame PL's illusions, due to both quantity and quality, can actually farm much faster than a radiance. And they multiply while doing so.

It's a lot of fun throwing a pile of them at the enemy - the enemy takes damage and doesn't get any gold or xp from killing them, while you can just do your own thing. :)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: December 08, 2012, 01:09:42 am »

That's a good point but in the lategame PL's illusions, due to both quantity and quality, can actually farm much faster than a radiance. And they multiply while doing so.

It's a lot of fun throwing a pile of them at the enemy - the enemy takes damage and doesn't get any gold or xp from killing them, while you can just do your own thing. :)
here what I mean https://dotabuff.com/matches/64131709 though that Merlini so there that

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: December 08, 2012, 01:38:30 am »

Dear god. As tiny, I got two heart of tarrasques. Despite my best efforts, I could not die.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: December 08, 2012, 04:28:09 am »

Radiance is a mediocre item and you get the maximum benefit from it if you acquire it very early.  It's also one of the most expensive items with very expensive components, meaning farming it early requires a large degree of confidence and safety.  It's also the least efficient source of damage in the game.  Just an example:  phase boots and crystalys give you 59 damage, crit (so in reality a greater dps), and movespeed, for 200 gold less than a sacred relic costs.

It's also mostly a push item.  It really isn't that good as a farming utility item, especially when compared to items that have equivalent or even half of it's value.  Early game, there's little an enemy team can do to stop a push supported by radiance, but since matches right now are generally dominated by ganking and pushing is mostly an afterthought, it's both more dangerous to rush radiance and less useful.

What's the match supposed to demonstrate, alkhemia?  All I'm seeing is a joke game where they decided to let PL afk farm.

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: December 08, 2012, 04:45:19 am »

I'm about ready to just give up on Dota and play HoN instead.  At least there I can concede if my team is pants on head retarded, which is something I run into frequently.  Went 14/2 as Obsidian Destroyer tonight, but lost because every person on my team fed.  Phantom Asssasin even built a Crystalis and a language barrier prevented me from telling her why she just destroyed her hero's damage.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: December 08, 2012, 05:44:55 am »

Radiance is a mediocre item and you get the maximum benefit from it if you acquire it very early.  It's also one of the most expensive items with very expensive components, meaning farming it early requires a large degree of confidence and safety.  It's also the least efficient source of damage in the game.  Just an example:  phase boots and crystalys give you 59 damage, crit (so in reality a greater dps), and movespeed, for 200 gold less than a sacred relic costs.

It's also mostly a push item.  It really isn't that good as a farming utility item, especially when compared to items that have equivalent or even half of it's value.  Early game, there's little an enemy team can do to stop a push supported by radiance, but since matches right now are generally dominated by ganking and pushing is mostly an afterthought, it's both more dangerous to rush radiance and less useful.

What's the match supposed to demonstrate, alkhemia?  All I'm seeing is a joke game where they decided to let PL afk farm.
Just how fast you can farm with it

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1451 on: December 08, 2012, 05:47:06 am »

You can also burn off refraction charges with it. Or just straight up kill dumbass TAs who think that meld means we forget where they were.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: December 08, 2012, 07:49:44 am »

The pain of living in the us and having to wake up at 3 am to watch Asia and EU tournament I wish the we had some.

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: December 08, 2012, 09:01:35 am »

Well, you had the Big One, The International 2, so it's only fair we get most of the rest.  :P

I couldn't even watch the Grand Final because it was like 3 AM and I had to work the next morning.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: December 08, 2012, 09:19:11 am »

True but you get Dreamhack, The Defense, Thor, Starladder, etc

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 246