Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239446 times)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1410 on: December 06, 2012, 01:30:53 pm »

CM's ult has insane damage; it's a shame she has to channel it in the middle of the enemy team for it to work effectively though.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 06, 2012, 01:34:48 pm »

It's a shame, you're right. Possibly the worst ultimate:hero matchup (in terms of how well they can use it) in the game.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 06, 2012, 01:39:48 pm »

Cm- BKB, Blink and Ult stick

or Blink, Dagon 5 and Shadow blade
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:43:50 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 06, 2012, 01:52:50 pm »

BKB Blink and Ult Stick is a heavy investment, plus I'm pretty sure if the team auto - attacked CM she'd be dead in a second.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 06, 2012, 01:58:08 pm »

BKB Blink and Ult Stick is a heavy investment, plus I'm pretty sure if the team auto - attacked CM she'd be dead in a second.
I never said it was good just fun also most people run since they find her ult scary

anyways you can't stack more then 3 time now do to the patch
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:09:43 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 06, 2012, 02:16:13 pm »

Stack camps? Oh man, that's going to make beastie master far less useful. :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 06, 2012, 10:58:58 pm »

I think that's why the damage is so high.

It takes quite a lot of skill and luck to get the CM ult off properly. But when you do... oh ho ho ho ho....

I'm currently cooling down a "drunk-as-fuck" mode. I got home today, hammered and wasted. Saw my mate on and was like "dude, I'm so freaking toasted. Let's lose some Dota". Fucking 4 wins in a row wtf. Every single game our teammates were great, bought wards, won their lanes, etc. I mean... I even successfully pulled off Visage during it. Sure my reaction times were ungodly slow, but still... Visage! I even managed to survive and outdo a 1v2 lane where I was Spirit Breaker against Jugg and Crystal Maiden.

Need to play drunk more, clearly.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 06, 2012, 11:14:08 pm »

Dionysus is the god of drunks and madmen. Since already have to be somewhat crazy to expose yourself to the playerbase of your average AoS knockoff (and make no mistake, DotA is the current paragon example of an AoS knockoff), playing drunk probably gives you a second dosage of his blessing.

Clearly, Drunk DotA is a modern day ritual of worship for the Grecian gods.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 06, 2012, 11:16:04 pm »

Think I'm gonna give this a whirl. "It's like LoL but worse and everyone's a dicktard" here I come!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 06, 2012, 11:20:33 pm »

It's like LoL but worse

OH NO YOU DIN'T  ;)

Umiman : Sometimes being drunk gives you that edge in games. It's hard to explain. I have done ruinously bad while drunk before, but also surprisingly well. It's the wildcard to be sure. :P

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 06, 2012, 11:39:41 pm »

Think I'm gonna give this a whirl. "It's like LoL but worse and everyone's a dicktard" here I come!

Unfortunately, even with a heavy investment into LoL, Dota is not a game you can really just jump into. I tried doing that, even with bots, and I found myself being stomped. If you a get a bunch of your friends together, however, and play some bots, you can have a lot of fun feeding your faces off. I know from experience :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 06, 2012, 11:42:24 pm »

Dionysus is the god of drunks and madmen. Since already have to be somewhat crazy to expose yourself to the playerbase of your average AoS knockoff (and make no mistake, DotA is the current paragon example of an AoS knockoff), playing drunk probably gives you a second dosage of his blessing.

This might be true.

Hell... I was Disruptor with no boots at 7 minutes or so in. Was roaming around (not sure why right now) and walked into the Dire's jungle. I think I wanted to ward their tier 2 tower or something even though the tier 1 was still there. I run into their whole team and was like "this might not have been the best idea". Then I walked back out and none of them could catch me.

I dunno how I survived that. Some kind of godly blessing like you guys said. The whole day was full of shit like that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: December 06, 2012, 11:59:24 pm »

Oh, heh. You do still need an invite/key thingy. Nevermind then.

I did watch the tail end of a game though, that was kinda fun. Definitely looks like DOTA The Second.

Unfortunately, even with a heavy investment into LoL, Dota is not a game you can really just jump into. I tried doing that, even with bots, and I found myself being stomped. If you a get a bunch of your friends together, however, and play some bots, you can have a lot of fun feeding your faces off. I know from experience :P
Yeah, I figured I'd be completely lost at first, but I do have some experience with the original DOTA and I'm familiar with the "Wait, what? *squish*" aspect of not really knowing what you're doing in a game like that.

This might be true.

Hell... I was Disruptor with no boots at 7 minutes or so in. Was roaming around (not sure why right now) and walked into the Dire's jungle. I think I wanted to ward their tier 2 tower or something even though the tier 1 was still there. I run into their whole team and was like "this might not have been the best idea". Then I walked back out and none of them could catch me.

I dunno how I survived that. Some kind of godly blessing like you guys said. The whole day was full of shit like that.
In an attempt to figure out a less divine explanation, you're probably more relaxed while drunk. Also, it reduces inhibitions, and apparently following your instincts is a fairly good thing to do in complex, competitive situations.

That said, Dionysus is probably also pleased.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 07, 2012, 01:12:35 am »

I can toss you a beta invite if you toss me your steam ID IronyOwl.  Still got like 4 of the buggers..
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: December 07, 2012, 01:22:29 am »

Thanks, I'll do that later on.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 246