Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239462 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1455 on: December 08, 2012, 09:29:25 am »

Radiance is very hard to farm up. Yeah, it's really good if you manage to farm it as PL but if you watch the games I was in, I would be doing things like laning 1v2 in a hard lane or something stupid like that.

In that case there's no reason to bother with Radiance.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: December 08, 2012, 01:22:29 pm »

The new flavor of the month it seems is Luna with all the Sven and Magnus banned.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: December 08, 2012, 04:20:14 pm »

Awesome! We managed to get two full 5v5 in-houses today!

Thanks to everyone who joined up even though I created the matches without any warning at all.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: December 08, 2012, 04:38:10 pm »

I should be able to join up for the ones hosted next week! :D

How did they go? :)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 08, 2012, 04:57:28 pm »

Pretty good I think. After all we got a whole lot of people to stay on for two full matches. I think that's a good sign, people looking forward to the games and all. Means we're doing something right at least haha.

We still kinda need to deal with the overpowered teams issue, but the second game we got it down pretty good in my opinion. And we'd probably stick to All Random from now on. It's a good way to force people to learn and in a fun setting where other players don't scream at you for doing bad things. Rather we just give tips.

The first game kinda ended as a complete stomp. It was reverse captains and they gave my queue partner Shadow Fiend. That in addition to really good picks like Necro whereas we gave them super squishy heroes with zero pushing power. Yeah, that ended fast.

Second game was more fair, and I had to face my queue partner in mid. I also tried to sort the teams out to even the balance. It worked pretty well in my opinion. We lost, but it was pretty close.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: December 08, 2012, 05:53:33 pm »

Yeah I ended up getting bounty hunter free gold for all also rushed Vladmir's Offering for are PA so we could get a easy kongor

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 08, 2012, 06:10:18 pm »

I totally screwed up that reverse captains mode. At least now I know to ban aa if I'm not picking first.

On the other side, Anyone who saysthat playing carry is boring, has never played a pa with full build (Well, that mjolnir should have been an assault cuirass. I'm not totally sure though. And I totally should have gotten satanic before abyssal blade) and an omniknight to repel her. Umi's feet melted away at the end of the match, even if I made a few mistakes that could have costed us the match (Picking up those guys one by one was awesome and totally worth it, though). Kudos to Masaki for an awesome omniknight mid and alkhemia for being kind enough to let me have all the farm being him bh and even getting vlads. The mo' gold, less problems came handy too! And chaosdwarf and desudoom, even with the bad early game, you managed to do pretty well mid game.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: December 08, 2012, 06:22:15 pm »

Lol, I probably should have bought an MKB. You literally dodged every single one of my crits the whole match. The only time I managed to crit you was when I hit DK and instagibbed him and Omni and brought you pretty low. Other than that, I'd shadow blade walk up to you and you'd dodge. Duel you, you dodge everything. Derp.

The luck gods weren't on my side.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 08, 2012, 06:37:04 pm »

Even with the fake random It did not seem to change how offend PA got a crit.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: December 09, 2012, 03:34:02 pm »

And now that I remeber it... Alkhemia, shadow blade in bounty? Really? Basher would have been a better choice. Or even maelstrom if you really neede the AS.

And always rush an MKB (Maybe after another core item) if you face a hero with evasion, be it pa, riki or even windrunner. It'll save you from lots of headaches.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 09, 2012, 09:29:58 pm »

And now that I remeber it... Alkhemia, shadow blade in bounty? Really? Basher would have been a better choice. Or even maelstrom if you really neede the AS.

And always rush an MKB (Maybe after another core item) if you face a hero with evasion, be it pa, riki or even windrunner. It'll save you from lots of headaches.
Ehh I got it to be funny after though I found out the crit stacks so it pretty good on him

Also this is great and it so true http://www.dota2wiki.com/images/7/7f/Sven_item_05.mp3

Edit: what I should of got was blink dagger and rod of atos but I forgot but instead I built Deso and Lothars  :'(

Edit 2 : Thanks to umi for this http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=369089 number don't lie
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:02:52 pm by Alkhemia »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: December 10, 2012, 01:22:17 am »

Man, I forgot just how crazy Shadow Demon gets if he has a level advantage.

People keep taking him support these days, which is reasonable. He has good skills. But goddamn, he needs to go back to his original role. Mid lane. It's impossible to lose. Right from level 1 you'd basically do double damage to everybody. Autoattack, shadow poison, autoattack, shadow poison, repeat until dead. You don't have to duel till the end too, just do that about 4 times (should be about the same time your opponent realizes he's fucked) and press D.

All you need is one level in shadow poison and you're set. Then you max disruption. Followed by soul catcher, though you kinda want all three asap.

Jesus christ the damage from the combo.

You walk up, trap them in disruption. Then you go to town. Lay on the soul catcher on that ball. Then a shadow poison (ideally you want to have stacked one of these before you disrupted). By the time the guy comes out he's already dead.

Things I didn't realize way back when, and probably stuff most newbies wouldn't know:
1. The amount of DPS that the illusions do combined is 120% of the original hero. That's pretty crazy, and some amount of micro will be needed to get the illusions to attack the target instead of some random thing. It also stacks with his soul catcher.

2. Soul catcher only affects one target even though the AOE is so gigantic. Which is fair, considering it's like some kind of super Orchid. So what you want to do is get someone in disruption, then use soul catcher right at the edge of it so the guy inside disruption will always take the 50% bonus damage from EVERYTHING for 12 seconds. That guy is so boned.

3. Demonic purge is godly. The range on it is exactly the same as Shadow Demon's vision radius at night. So basically, if you can see a target, he can be ulted. This also does so much stuff it's bonkers. It gives a huge slow equivalent to Viper's ultimate. It also does good delayed damage (that works with your W). And best of all... you see that Dark Seer zooming away? Omniknight with Repel and Guardian Angel coming in? PURGE!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Cooldown is super short too.

LionsLinden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 10, 2012, 08:41:13 am »

Hey there, I'm pretty new to Dota 2 (around 55 games now) and could definetly use some nice people to play with and maybe give me some tips and insight. Steam name is LionsLinden so add me if you want.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: December 10, 2012, 10:37:25 am »

Hey there, I'm pretty new to Dota 2 (around 55 games now) and could definetly use some nice people to play with and maybe give me some tips and insight. Steam name is LionsLinden so add me if you want.
You should join the DF - Dota 2 Chapter steam group.

We usually host friendly in-house matches for people to learn and have fun every weekend.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: December 10, 2012, 10:41:00 am »

You should join the DF - Dota 2 Chapter steam group.

We usually host friendly in-house matches for people to learn and have fun every weekend.
yep Umi the mascot and the go to guy for everything.

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 246