Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239380 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1245 on: November 17, 2012, 10:28:23 pm »

Yes, if they were all farmed they'd be good but that's not going to happen.  Antimage especially needs a team built around him.  There's gonna be a lot of fighting for farm and any competent opponents are immediately going to shut them all down and win early.  Against horrible bads it might work but anything'll work against horrible bads.

Shoes...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 17, 2012, 10:34:02 pm »

And Void a hyper-carry he need lot a free farm I think the hyper-carry go like Faceless Void<Medusa<Spectre
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 17, 2012, 10:37:46 pm »

Agree with Cthulhu. That team is possibly the deadliest thing ever if you're assuming all heroes are maxed, but that never happens and they're going to have to split farm between them. They can easily be pushed to death early before even one of them gets a significant amount of farm.

My favourite teamcomp is something like : 2 Supports (Disables, Initiators, you name it), 1 Nuker / Ganker or Semi-Carry, 1 Semi-Carry, and a Hard Carry. :)

Eggsample : Bane, Dazzle, Sand King, Nightstalker, Anti-Mage. :)

(The above is probably terrible. I LOVE BANE BTW)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 17, 2012, 10:43:03 pm »

Bane best Supports in the game him and THD and that a good team but Nightstalker would need to go mid VS a Ta or Bat most likely.  So you got a Bane, Dazzle and Anti-Mage trilane with a offlane Sand King.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 17, 2012, 10:45:23 pm »

Good points. If I was going competitive I'd switch out Dazzle for Jakiro and maybe to be a bit weird use Storm Spirit mid? SK can offlane IIRC due to his invis and burrow away abilities. :)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 17, 2012, 10:50:20 pm »

hmm maybe don't see to many storm to say how he do in that lane. sk would not get any farm but all he need is 6 pretty much work the same way as an offlane tide
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 10:51:55 pm by Alkhemia »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 17, 2012, 10:54:41 pm »

Caustic Finale would help with a little farm along with the Sandstorm, but you're mostly right there. Storm tends to do *okay* mid, especially at lvl 6 where he just goes "You wanna fight? LOL GOKU" and flies away from you. His ulti is very useful for chase and he has that reel 'em in ability to ensure pick offs, but his teamfight isn't brilliant.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 17, 2012, 10:58:30 pm »

look up some more info Storm should lose if he up against a Ta or bat he bad vs any ranged hero mid since he has no harass and a easy frag tell lvl 6

hmm next lvl play all str support morph best idea ever
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 11:58:30 pm by Alkhemia »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 19, 2012, 12:01:40 pm »

Morphling is still really good though.

Don't listen to the people saying he sucks, he was just moved from broken status to pretty good still status. Getting morph at level 1 makes it impossible to miss last hits which is vital for carries. And he still has great escapes and nukes. Very easy to afk farm with him. Compare this to Antimage who has crap last hitting damage early on and is horrible in lane.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 19, 2012, 01:55:33 pm »

It's an interesting teamcomp. Void rush in, ult to catch a bunch, Ursa walks up while they're frozen so he doesn't have to use blink, TA uses range to help kill people in Void's ult, AM and Riki clean up. This is all assuming they're well farmed and competent, with good warding. Since they're all carries and this is likely a pub match, they won't be any of that.

I cant even belive you seriously tink this is a good team. 1 carry is enough, if you have more than 1 its just noobs thinking that carrys are the best heroes.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 19, 2012, 03:53:04 pm »

It's a pub game. Do you expect people to NOT play carries? :P

I heard that Valve won't actually put All Random into matchmaking as it'll split the playerbase too much. Everyone would play All Random and barely anyone would play the other modes. I don't know how true that is, but maybe what they meant was that all the good players or people comfortable enough with the game would play All Random, leaving everyone else to have awful times with each other in the other modes.

I still hope they do though.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: November 19, 2012, 04:14:03 pm »

ehh carry are not that fun to play for me tbh I'd rather play I nice Support like Rubick or Lina.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 19, 2012, 05:15:30 pm »

While I do prefer Support, I would like to play a Carry occasionally. However, as there are usually three carries in a pub game and almost always at least two, I never get the chance. :(

Hilarious thing is when you've got 3 Hard Carries and a Pudge and as the only Support you have to look after ALL the heroes (or they rage.) :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 19, 2012, 05:27:46 pm »

I have a lot of fun sometimes as the ward bitch.

While I don't want to do it all the time, it's pretty fun and challenging to be forced to play with a minimal amount of items. It's how you learn how to value what items are the most important for any given situation.

Hell, look at my most recent Silencer game. I was so poor one of my teammates took pity on me and donated a perseverance for me to use to regen my mana.

https://dotabuff.com/matches/64474880

What I don't understand is why newbies like playing carries. I mean... let's be honest here. Most people can't farm for crap. Carries need incredible farm to stay on par with level-dependant heroes like Lion or Pudge, if not they're useless. It's like willingly becoming a useless player the whole game with their 300gpm, where's the fun in that.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 19, 2012, 05:46:44 pm »

Most of my games I am the ward bitch. It's a somewhat entertaining job. Your point about the items swings both ways - I have learned how to play with minimal items (almost always mek and arcane boots and that's about it), but because of this, I don't really know the value of the other items.

About the newbies and carries, well, everyone has to look after the carry and then he gets super strong and destroys everyone!!!!!!!1!1! :D :D :D :D :D But seriously, it harms the game. I lol'd when I saw your latest game team comp. :P
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 246