Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239371 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1260 on: November 19, 2012, 05:48:35 pm »

It's an interesting teamcomp. Void rush in, ult to catch a bunch, Ursa walks up while they're frozen so he doesn't have to use blink, TA uses range to help kill people in Void's ult, AM and Riki clean up. This is all assuming they're well farmed and competent, with good warding. Since they're all carries and this is likely a pub match, they won't be any of that.

I cant even belive you seriously tink this is a good team. 1 carry is enough, if you have more than 1 its just noobs thinking that carrys are the best heroes.
I didn't say it was a good team, I said it was an interesting team. Yes, it's blatantly retarded, we get that.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: November 19, 2012, 07:33:28 pm »

What I don't understand is why newbies like playing carries. I mean... let's be honest here. Most people can't farm for crap. Carries need incredible farm to stay on par with level-dependant heroes like Lion or Pudge, if not they're useless. It's like willingly becoming a useless player the whole game with their 300gpm, where's the fun in that.

They take the self-serving mindset to the extreme.  When you're teamed up with a pro support and your opponent is solo Riki because the other team has no coordination and a guy instalocked a jungler, you got fed because you're awesome.  When you spend the entire game as a big teleporting creep with a 28 minute battlefury because you don't know how to farm, it's your team's fault you lost.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: November 19, 2012, 07:37:42 pm »

I lol'd when I saw your latest game team comp. :P
It was single draft so...

By the way, look at the games played between everyone.

I have 200+ games played. My queuepartner has 200+ games played. Weaver has 140+ games played.

Everyone else, including the whole enemy team has 60.

GJ matchmaking. Guess this is what happens when the game takes 5 minutes to find a match.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: November 19, 2012, 07:44:32 pm »

I'm pretty terrible at farming, especially when I'm fighting for it (i.e. the other guy actually denies), but I don't blame my team for it. I know I'm a handicap for the poor suckers I'm stuck with.

Incidentally, are there any heroes that can switch between jungle and support easily? If there are, it might be a good idea to figure out how to play them, so I don't have to bother figuring out how to lane :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: November 19, 2012, 07:52:03 pm »

Egg Nigma is the only thing that really comes to mind. Dazzle should if you pull from the lane, in theory. (Shadoooo huahve!)

Sorry Umiman, I was mostly referring to the ENEMY team. An important distinction I should have made, haha.

Cthulhu, we all know it. :P The most annoying part of playing a support is the fact that you can't win a game, but you can still lose it.

EDIT : On that note, is Dazzle any good? He was my first hero I ever played. Due to the way bots worked I found myself against a Tiny mid. Even though they were set to Easy, killing him like five times before the laning phase ended on my first try felt good haha.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:55:02 pm by Korbac »

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1265 on: November 19, 2012, 08:06:02 pm »

Yeah, Dazzle's a good hero. Shadow Wave can be surprisingly damaging, also good for a quick push. His ult's also really good, and the no dying thing can save a life if you time it right.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: November 19, 2012, 09:12:52 pm »

Keep in mind that all of Dazzle's spells do physical damage. This is why Desolator and Medallion are actually recommended on him (if you're feeling baller).

I didn't know this myself, but Dazzle's Shadow Wave stacks with itself. So if you have a Naga Siren surround an enemy with all her illusions and herself, then you Shadow Wave all of them, the enemy stuck inside will get hit by Shadow Wave 4 times. And since Naga Siren can also reduce armour, it does even more damage.

Personally, I max his Q first because it's more useful for killing stuff, which is what I prefer my Dazzle to be doing. And with a Soul Ring you can spam it in a lane to be incredibly annoying without actually pushing the lane like Shadow Wave does.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: November 19, 2012, 09:27:06 pm »

Apparently you shouldn't max Q, instead leaving it at lvl 3, but PAH, I max it. :P

Deso Dazzle? lmfao might be an interesting co-op bot game at least. I imagine he partners well with an endgame PL for the reasons you stated below. :)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: November 19, 2012, 09:58:23 pm »

People leave Q at 3 because that's when it gets a stun. I max it because it reduces the cooldown to 7 seconds, so I can spam it 3 - 4 times per fight. Compare to 11 seconds which is at best twice a fight.

IMHO, multiple stuns and slows is more useful than a pithy 100hp heal every 10 seconds at that point.

It's really up to player preference though. There's no real wrong answer here (though you kinda want your stun. :P)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: November 19, 2012, 11:19:12 pm »

hmm it seem Winter Wyvern ult will work with blade mail and proc counter helix and bradwarden passive pretty cool
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: November 20, 2012, 12:46:47 pm »

I dislike being the wardbitch, but because I can't get good items like necro on chen (the two bastards hit for 250 of damage, plus a 300 nuke from the archer) or even more simple things like mek or force staff. It has been less of a problem since 6.75, but still...
Also, I never know where's the place we should have the wards. I do know where to place them for them to be effective, but the only place I know I must have always warded is rosh if it's up. Then I doubt beetween going aggressive or defensive on the warding (Though I usually go aggressive)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: November 20, 2012, 01:14:21 pm »

Some other good ward spots: the perches overlooking the runes, and then look for a good spot in the enemy forest where you can see as much as possible. Ganking junglers is fun.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: November 20, 2012, 01:19:16 pm »

"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: November 20, 2012, 02:33:23 pm »

For people who look at pictures of optimal warding spots and give up trying to remember it, don't worry.

Here's a simple guide:
While Laning:

1. Make sure at least one rune spot is warded (whichever is closer to you). You don't need to ward both and it's a bit of a waste unless you have unlimited wards for some reason and you want to make love to your mid lane.
2. Use your remaining ward to cover areas where an enemy will gank you from. So this means the other entry to your lane that isn't seen by the river ward. If you can use this to also block a creep spawn, good. If not, don't worry about it.
3. Is the enemy going to pull creep camps? Ward it. If not, don't bother.
4. Refresh these as needed while laning continues.

After laning:
1. Assess your situation. Are you down towers? Is your team on the losing end? Generally, if you lost your towers you want to use wards to defend your jungle. This also applies if the enemy loves entering it for some reason (they're all gankers or they're roaming as 5). What this means is put wards at the two river entrances into your jungle. Then if you can afford it, put one in your jungle itself so you can see inside.
2. Is your team really aggressive? Are you tower diving and jumping into fights and winning a lot. Are you roaming a lot. Then ward their jungle and the back of their towers. Keep note that due to the nature of wards, whereever you ward in this case will be the location your team will attack. It's just a psychological thing, so you can influence your team's offensive behaviour like this. To repeat: Ward whatever you want your team to attack.

Base defense / Base sieging:

1. Not particularly vital at lower levels of play, but if you have nothing to do with your wards at this point you can basically just put them at the black spots of vision around your base. It helps a bit, but is definitely more useful for the offense since it'll help you judge when to jump in.

That's about it. If you want to counterward, just counterward all those locations.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: November 20, 2012, 02:52:30 pm »

Great tips! :D Cheers Umiman. :)

About the Dazzle Stun thing, yeah I know. The reduced cooldown is almost always indicative of another cast during a fight. People I know get a bit annoyed with me and say Dazzle's stun is less useful than say a magic missile, but you get a slow and then on top of that a stun. I happen to think it's pretty baller. :D
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 246