Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239289 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1035 on: November 04, 2012, 07:27:22 pm »

It's not like you're the only one who can pop it.  In a teamfight or around minions cold snap is a permastun. 

May as well mention this here.  I'm looking for juggernaut gear, especially Ivory Isle set (I have kimono though).  If anybody has pieces and wants to trade, look through my inventory and make an offer.  I'd prefer equal rarity but if it's something I dont' care about I'm willing to go one down.

EDIT:  I'm only looking for the bracers now.

Got the whole set.  Thank God, I hate steam trading.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:47:25 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 04, 2012, 09:30:36 pm »

I think this is the most demons I can possibly summon in the game without cheating.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's 6 of them fighting Roshan. His spells don't work on the demons for some reason.

I went into the game going "Derp, random Warlock? I think this is literally the worst hero for Diretide." A few fatal bonds later and my mind was very succinctly changed haha. You can't run with 10 candies when you've been fatal bonded.

-----------------

Edit: Felt like writing a short guide to Diretide's first part now that it's pretty stable and my winrate is incredible even though all I play is random.

1. Always buy courier and wards at the start. Doesn't really matter who you are. You can bet that no one on your team will buy them anyway, so go ahead and grab them. You get so much gold that it doesn't matter.

2. You kinda always want the two side entrances into your side of the map warded at all times. If they have invis heroes or heroes that like to buy shadow blade, then you're gonna want them permanently sentried too. Again, it's probably you who has to do this but don't give a cow man. You get so much gold you can afford to blow 300 on wards every 6 minutes or so. And it makes a really dramatic difference and gives your team a huge confidence boost.

3. If you're not doing anything, poke the enemy's bucket. Like, run in and make it look like you're going for it. That way you can see if they know you're going for it, and if they don't respond, feel free to steal some. You really shouldn't sit idle unless you've got a big lead, then you can just defend. There's a lot of reasons for annoying the enemy like this:
a) The enemy will leave whatever they're doing and run to you, letting your teammates have free reign.
b) The enemy might waste TP scrolls on you, which is good as the cooldown is pretty long.
c) The enemy might waste even more time chasing you even though you've only got like 1 - 2 candies. Again giving your teammates time to do whatever they want (which is probably better than 3 people chasing some dumbass around the map).

4. All carry is the fastest way to lose this. You actually want lots of CC and lots of teamfight potential. Chaos Knight and Undying are good examples. They can defend and attack very well by themselves, where they can practically win 1v3 or 1v5, and almost perfectly with allies. Other heroes like them are Sand King, Lion, Jakiro, Tidehunter, etc. All these guys also perform way better than in regular DotA because they don't need to farm here to stay on par with the other heroes. And we all know how scary someone like Earthshaker can be when he has the same farm as Antimage.

5. Minor differences in candy score doesn't really matter. Don't lose heart when you lose 5 candies or so. It's no big deal. This gamemode is all about the teamfights and coordination. So make sure your teamfight is up to snuff, initiate well, and follow up your allies and don't leave them hanging. All you need is a good teamfight to camp the enemy's bucket and you win.

Hopefully some guys here can use some of my teachings to get super duper win rates too. Hehehehe~

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 04, 2012, 09:54:28 pm »

Yes, lots of CC seems to be critical.  Having silence, even if that just means Clinkz with orchid, is a big deal because every single match will have anti-mage, queen of pain, bounty hunter, or riki and you need a way to keep him from fucking off with all your candy.
Shoes...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 05, 2012, 08:37:31 am »

The golden Rosh is pretty cool looking to bad you have to cheat to get it I hope they fix the Pudge exploit

Also the 1st one sold for 1000 bucks kinda insane.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 05, 2012, 09:28:46 pm »

The golden Rosh is pretty cool looking to bad you have to cheat to get it I hope they fix the Pudge exploit

Nah, it's just fake accounts buying and selling the golden courier to artificially inflate the price. The only authentic bid people could find was $300.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 05, 2012, 10:06:28 pm »

Good news though, the new record is 50-something seconds and Pudge isn't on the team.  The video also has more likes than dislikes, where the old ones were usually 90% dislikes.
Shoes...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 05, 2012, 11:11:04 pm »

The ones that did it with the unlimited time glitch should be given a poop roshan courier.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 06, 2012, 12:40:19 am »

Right, I need an Exort (red) essence and was wondering if anyone had one to trade. I'm willing to trade a wex essence for it. I'm also open for some haggling. PM if interested.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: November 06, 2012, 02:18:08 am »

Good news though, the new record is 50-something seconds and Pudge isn't on the team.  The video also has more likes than dislikes, where the old ones were usually 90% dislikes.
That good to hear

Nah, it's just fake accounts buying and selling the golden courier to artificially inflate the price. The only authentic bid people could find was $300.
ah still 300 buck or something like that is a little much.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 06, 2012, 05:22:39 am »

Hoping someone who doesn't have dota 2 is visiting this thread.
I have a key to send out. PM me your email/steam account.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: November 06, 2012, 05:25:23 am »

I threw the one I just got in to that give a way thread.

And now the new strat is to stack Dagon 5 and E-blade *sigh*
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:32:16 am by Alkhemia »

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: November 06, 2012, 07:34:22 am »

And a number of patches ago, OD's best strategy was to stack Aghs because Aghs used to have the highest INT in the game.
Don't forget that the extra mana provided by Aghs helps OD with his orb..
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 06, 2012, 08:42:30 pm »

Joined a game as Juggernaut, enemy Luna disconnects and never comes back, bought Poor Man's shield and headed for the candy bowl, rolling my eyes at the other guys heading to the sidelanes.  What do they think this is?  The bowl hasn't spawned yet or something, so I head over mid.  No sign of the enemy team.  The creeps aren't undead.

Oh my God I'm in my first real game, and I'm mid Juggernaut.

Chen rolls up and I use my barely-honed skills to farm and deny the shit out of him.  He gets down to like a third of his HP and basically walks right up to me.  You can imagine how that ended.  He never comes back to the lane, leaving me to freefarm mid.  20 minutes later the game is over.

I guess what I'm getting at is, if you just got Dota 2 and you're nervous about playing, don't be. If you've thought enough to be nervous, you've got a better mindset than these people.  If you've played a single bot game and did half-decent, you're way ahead of the people you'll be playing against.  These guys are unbelievably bad, there was only one guy (A morphling) on the other team who had half a clue what he was doing.
Shoes...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 06, 2012, 08:53:19 pm »

You are right but that can change preatty fast Cthulhu, if you keep doing well in the lower "tiers", and you will. You will escalate quickly to a reasonable level and things can change preatty fast, but as you said if you putted only a little effort in not sucking that puts you avobe at least 30% of the players.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 06, 2012, 09:01:12 pm »

Yeah this is true. My first five or so real games I played quite poorly but still roflmao'd all over the enemy team. Eventually the matchmaking got me opponents more relevant to my skill level (usually on the enemy team, but that's a driver's excuse.)

Anyone fancy any games this Sat? I'll be playing them almost nonstop from 12AM to 6PM, and then 9PM to 12PM with a friend. If you want to join, give me a shout :D
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 246