Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239248 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #960 on: October 21, 2012, 12:44:46 am »

New version of Dota 1 http://www.dotacinema.com/news/icefrog-releases-v676

boots are only 450 now but all boot lost 5 movement speed it might come to Dota 2 next week

New game mode
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: October 21, 2012, 01:51:43 am »

Hrm...

Good thing it's randomly chosen, or everyone would just pick Furion or Alchemist as hero 1 and Faceless Void / AM / PL as hero 2 lol...

I think this mode will make base sieges extremely bullshitty. After all, everyone can come back 4 times. :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: October 22, 2012, 10:48:23 pm »

Doublepost!

Oh man, I just had a freaking funny game. I didn't know what to play so I just randomed and got Tiny. Was like... "hrm... this is gonna be bad." Because I suck at burst casters.

So I went mid and saw... Batrider.  :-\

After the 5th napalm stack I just left the lane. Was level 2. But because I randomed and didn't bother to get bottle, I had 6 mana pots and 3 salves so I was pretty rocking for roaming. Wandered to bot really really slowly. REALLY slowly. My allies saw me coming.

"Wtf can you do at level 2... go back to mid."

"NO. WE DO THIS. I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT BATRIDER."

So I walk up to them. Literally I just walk up to them, with no boots. And boom. First blood. Then second blood. Then I pretended to go back to mid, but I stayed at bot. Both the enemy laners tp-ed back and went full gung ho on the low health allies at bot lane. I reappear after using pots and salves, boom. More kills. It was so freaking funny. The abandon-mid-lane strategy paid off in dividends and we won pretty hardcore. I was never in mid at all, Batrider just laned there by himself. By the time he realized he better do something I already had already helped my team kill everyone one of his allies at least once.

But seriously. Screw Batrider. With a rake.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: October 22, 2012, 10:51:23 pm »

Doublepost!

Oh man, I just had a freaking funny game. I didn't know what to play so I just randomed and got Tiny. Was like... "hrm... this is gonna be bad." Because I suck at burst casters.

So I went mid and saw... Batrider.  :-\

After the 5th napalm stack I just left the lane. Was level 2. But because I randomed and didn't bother to get bottle, I had 6 mana pots and 3 salves so I was pretty rocking for roaming. Wandered to bot really really slowly. REALLY slowly. My allies saw me coming.

"Wtf can you do at level 2... go back to mid."

"NO. WE DO THIS. I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT BATRIDER."

So I walk up to them. Literally I just walk up to them, with no boots. And boom. First blood. Then second blood. Then I pretended to go back to mid, but I stayed at bot. Both the enemy laners tp-ed back and went full gung ho on the low health allies at bot lane. I reappear after using pots and salves, boom. More kills. It was so freaking funny. The abandon-mid-lane strategy paid off in dividends and we won pretty hardcore. I was never in mid at all, Batrider just laned there by himself. By the time he realized he better do something I already had already helped my team kill everyone one of his allies at least once.

But seriously. Screw Batrider. With a rake.

Dat Magic Stick/Wand. OP Bro.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: October 23, 2012, 12:17:03 am »

Yeah Batskaters counter is magic wand, his strength gain is being nerfed in the new patch it was a little to high.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 23, 2012, 12:27:41 am »

In hindsight, that was probably correct. But still... I prefer the 5 kills. :P Even though that was just extremely lucky and the enemy completely not expecting Tiny to gank at level 2.

We also had a match where, I shit you not. But we had a Lich who bought courier and wards at spawn. Actually harassed the enemy with his Q. Sac'ced creeps constantly. And he was buddy with an Axe that would STACK the creep camp before pulling it. It was like bizarro day. Playing with randoms that actually knew how the game worked. My friend wanted to cry tears of joy when he saw them doing all that.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 23, 2012, 12:36:41 am »

In hindsight, that was probably correct. But still... I prefer the 5 kills. :P Even though that was just extremely lucky and the enemy completely not expecting Tiny to gank at level 2.

We also had a match where, I shit you not. But we had a Lich who bought courier and wards at spawn. Actually harassed the enemy with his Q. Sac'ced creeps constantly. And he was buddy with an Axe that would STACK the creep camp before pulling it. It was like bizarro day. Playing with randoms that actually knew how the game worked. My friend wanted to cry tears of joy when he saw them doing all that.
sounds like you got out of the mm trench
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 12:48:45 am by Alkhemia »

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: October 23, 2012, 06:57:47 am »

sounds like you got out of the mm trench

When did the concept of "elo hell" become a thing in Dota? It's so weird, I've been seeing it everywhere recently. It's just a way to find excuses for not being as good a player as people think they should be.

After some complaints, Valve actually artificially boosted the matchmaking rating of some players, to see if they would do better with better teammates. Nope, no effect at all, they were all back to their old ratings in a few weeks.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: October 23, 2012, 08:36:53 am »

I don't really believe in Elo hell, neither here or in LoL. I solemnly believe all skill levels have shitty players and everyone is a moron.

And besides, DotA doesn't use Elo for match making.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: October 23, 2012, 08:45:10 am »

There is one 
The best way to currently check your difficulty bracket:

Run Dota2 and open watch tab
Select Recent games
Press Filter button
Write your nickname
Select skill level (low, mid or high)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 23, 2012, 10:34:24 am »

It's medium, high, and very high now.

And it doesn't really mean anything. IIRC even SingSing is only in high bracket (though maybe he went up or down since I last saw). No one actually knows what Valve uses to tabulate matchmaking. Some people think it's Trueskill, I'm with the crowd that think there's actually no matchmaking and it's all a clever ploy by Valve to use the power of averages and cognitive dissonance. It's probably the same cryptic formula used to tabulate that page with your skill on certain heroes lol...

I prefer it like this. I like not knowing my performance (though I can check it any time through Dotabuff). It's great to not have to care about your Elo or your rating or whatever. It's great that no one else can see that and no one else has any fodder to judge you or your teammates.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 23, 2012, 11:25:29 am »

I tried to sign up for the beta but it wanted to know about my DOTA history, of which I had none.

If anyone has an extra key, I would take it.

I'll even come play support for you /hugs.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: October 23, 2012, 12:07:26 pm »

I tried to sign up for the beta but it wanted to know about my DOTA history, of which I had none.

If anyone has an extra key, I would take it.

I'll even come play support for you /hugs.

Just make up some numbers based on any other games you've played, that's what I did. You can definitely get keys with any Dota history. Though most Dota 2 players just got a spare key for free, so now is indeed a great time to ask for some. Mine is likely going to a real life friend, but he doesn't want it, I'll give it out through the thread.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: October 23, 2012, 08:09:46 pm »

Yeah, I got a key with zero history. Of course, it took 4 months, but when you think ahead it works out fine. I just got interested in it now, and I'm really happy I thought to ask for an invite.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: October 24, 2012, 07:52:16 pm »

6.76 is now in the test client welcome to the land of Imba where Drow pushes all the lanes at once, Centaur Warchief insane ult and Silencer Last Word.
Also no Medusa  :'(

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 246