Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85923 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Roll 72: ...
« Reply #1380 on: May 29, 2012, 08:54:04 am »

Still on the ground and not noticing Milia just yet, Amatin readied a Soul Transfer spell and raised a comm to his lips:
"Varron, there are two burning riflemen standing near the ditch. Send them down. Head-first."
Have Varron send over two packages of cure for all diseases: soldiers #3 and #4. Rise into a sitting position and extract the cure from their broken bodies with a Soul Transfer spell; apply the cure directly to my joints.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:57:34 am by HmH »

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: May 29, 2012, 02:48:58 pm »

Take care of Soldier #2, and imbue that shot for a damage test. Normal bolt.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: May 30, 2012, 12:54:03 am »

In that case, throw Grenades at #3 and #4
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1383 on: June 01, 2012, 11:38:20 pm »

Roll 75

"Varron, get those two soldiers down here now!" Amatin shouted into the side of his helmet, tilting his head toward the left.
"On it..." he replied.

Amatin looked up at the railing, and saw the two soldiers promptly launched over the edge of the railing, along with some blobs of molten metal. (34, 40 damage.) [6] Amatin rolled to dodge a stray splatter of the metal, and [1] stuck his hand on a glowing puddle already on the ground.
[2] Luckily, his suit alerted him, and he quickly jumped to his knees, shaking the viscous metal off of his hand with some difficulty.
Then, he turned toward the two soldiers. Both had large gaps in their armor from the impacts with the fission balls. One was missing a shoulder pad and the other the lower half if his helmet.

"Good, I can more directly interact with them now..."

He spread out his arms, welcoming in the influx of soul energy that [3] healed his joints. They felt stiff afterward, but Amatin had no time to stretch. He flipped out his PDW's (let's say they are mounted to the armor and can be folded out of the way, activating the safeties) and pointed them at the two soldiers with concussive repeaters.

[3] They opened fire.

[2] Amatin did not expect this, and was hit for 32 damage!

Zakroff noticed that Varron's fissionballs had poked some holes in the enemies' armor. [2+1] He leaned over the railing, firing his shotgun down at the wounded, dealing 32 damage to each.

(leeched 32hp!)

Milia also came over to the railing, and took notice of the soldier with the plasma flamethrower that was gradually heading over, weapon drawn and active, to rain some fire down on Amatin.

[4+2] She shot him with an imbued shot. Dealing 196 damage.

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)

--------

"Amelia! You've got the basic outline of an Impaler Maw from the library. Can you create me a quick visual recognition program and put it in my HUD?"
"I'm sorry, Jaffar, I don't think that will help."
"Oh right, because the maws grow under the brush. Still, you have pictures of impaler maws growing under every family of vegetation on this planet. You can still use those, correct?"
"Hummm...

I'll try."

A box with a series of adjacent spinning discs dropped down from the top of the screen. This was basically Silver OS's way of telling the owner: "Your computer is now mine."

Meanwhile, Kayle stared at the plants nearby. Her powers only worked generally, as far as she knew. This was rather limited compared to the clairvoyance that some wizards managed to have. But she decided that she could expand on her current powers to discern between types. It would be better if this was subconscious rather than fully conscious like clairvoyance.
[4] Kayle focused on the sea of red below her. The plants each seemed to have varying levels of life in them already--especially the trees, since over 90% of a tree's mass is non-living. She focused on the difference, then noticed something... intuitively different about each signature. She couldn't assign a general type to each plant, but at least now she seemed to be able to discern between blobs of red and figure out if a single blob was actually two.

Jaffar stopped looking at Kayle upon feeling his tablet vibrating in his hand. he brought his focus back to the screen. The box with the spinning discs had retracted into the upper edge of the screen. Instead, there was a popup which said: Please link to helmet.

Jaffar reached into his suit's drawer and pulled out a length of cable. It was pinched on one end.
Annoyed, Jaffar cut the cable, stripped the wire at the edges, and took a bit of time to separate the wires and re-link them. Then, he connected the cable to the back of his helmet and to the tablet. His HUD turned to static, and Jaffar grew disoriented, now lacking his health bar and vitals. Although he was still purely human, like the vast majority of citizens (Augments never worked well. The best Jaffar had seen were artificial eyes for people with damaged retinas. By tricking the eye into thinking its cones and rods were still active, these eyes allowed people with retinal damage to see again. Quite useless for a person with healthy eyes and an HUD, though), he had grown intimately close with the layout of his HUD. Without his healthbar, he felt dead, somehow.

Then, the HUD returned. However, he noticed a number of large green circles overlaying his vision. One of them was right on top of his health bar.
"Nooooooo!"

Kayle and Jaffar began the process of tossing random objects and animals into the impalers in order to set them off. Upon triggering one, the resulting noise sounded as if the trees were snapping one by one.

[4] Kayle made it back to the group without too much trouble, [2] although Jaffar nearly lost his arm to a maw, underestimating the amount of area each side of the trap covered as it closed. He had jumped backward upon realizing he was too close, just in time to avoid the maw, but landing in a small pool of red fluid from some bleeding thorn fungus.
The fluid wasn't poisonous, but something seemed to force him to take a sample. He remembered when Ivan died... he had used an oxygen tank to help him out. Amatin gave the tank back some time ago. It was still empty, so Jaffar filled the tank with the fungal extract.

Aduin continued staring at the plant.

Caplus

Winfield came along, dragging the incapacitated vigilante with him.
"Here he is, we're going to have a wizard interrogate him once we bring him back to Centauri space. He probably knows something vital about the Iron Crown."

He readjusted his grip on the soldier's armor. Then, he looked into the air, somewhat awkwardly.
"If I remember correctly, the Ross base should be very close."

He pointed north.
"Lets head there."

Attention Iesac Team! Next turn you should have 2 actions, one to do right now and one to do once you reach the Ross base.

Loot is available!
1x Valaross Crest [7]
48x Valaross Carapace [200]
5x Valaross Tissue Sample [20]
1x Valaross Cleaver [12]

he party arrived at the Ross base. They came across a single Guardian tank, the Ross Navy's MBT, stationed in front of the base. The base itself was situated on a metal platform, presumably to protect against flooding and provide a more stable foundation for the building itself. There was an awful lot of extra space--the base had the equivalent of an open plaza in front of it. Here, helicopters took off and landed (although not too many--the frequent fly swarms of Iesac tend to destroy rotors) and supplies were loaded and unloaded.

As the group looked around, a man in Ross uniform showed up in front of the Admiral.
"Good day Mr. Scott! We are pleased to see you here! Where are... the others?"
His accent reminded Jaffar of that French AI he tortured a while back.
"There have been a few delays. We left your Admiral in one of the marshcrawlers. They'll be arriving soon since I've already uploaded our path to the crawler drivers."
"Good, very good... are there any services you need at the moment? We have repairs and a medical bay in case you've run into some of the natural protection on this planet. If you don't need any, you can stay in the meeting room or bar.

By the way, have you taken note of the recent radio activity in the region? We sent our troop regiment after the source of a signal we picked up. We have some turrets in case they try to flank us. Also, if you would care and have the knowledge to, could you help us figure out how to use the radar on the roof? it's quite useless for locating ground targets, but we'd like to know when a Valaross or some diseased Klathidona approaches so that we can send soldiers to deal with it. We just don't know how to interpret the data because there are so many trees in the way."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: June 01, 2012, 11:38:45 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: June 01, 2012, 11:39:28 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: June 01, 2012, 11:57:16 pm »

Action 1: Investigate Pitcher Plant with shields on.
Action 2: Play around with my Cyrokinesis.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 11:39:46 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: June 02, 2012, 12:23:34 am »

"Milia see if you can hit the reactors for the flamethrowers, I'll cover you." Zakroff said as he flung the shotgun back over his shoulder, and drew the pistols out of their holsters. Popping back over cover he unleashed the last of clips into the nearest foe, not waiting to see the damage he dealt Zakroff dropped back down to reload.

Cover Milia while she tries to shoot the flamethrower reactors, reload the guns first then use pistol whip again to cover.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:49:06 pm by adwarf »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: June 02, 2012, 12:29:29 am »

Jaffar took his metallic hand in Kayle's own for a moment as they walked to safety, breathing a deep sigh of relief. He couldn't see much of her behind the helmet-only her face in shadows. But her eyes, dark hazel, sparking with inner fire...he could always make those out.

"...I'm glad you're all right, Kayle.

You're much too pretty and tough to get eaten by the Xeno equivalent of an overgrown lawn, anyway...did you jump in that trap on purpose, just to kick it's leafy ass?"
He said, smiling.

In time, he went to pick up some parts of the Valaros...it certainly owed him something for damaging his armor.

Action 1: Loot and examine the Valaross crest.

Action 2: Get my armor repaired/medical attention
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 01:40:13 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: June 02, 2012, 12:31:21 am »

"Milia see if you can hit the fuel tanks for the flamethrowers, I'll cover you." Zakroff said as he flung the shotgun back over his shoulder, and drew the pistols out of their holsters. Popping back over cover he unleashed the last of clips into the nearest foe, not waiting to see the damage he dealt Zakroff dropped back down to reload.

Cover Milia while she tries to shoot the flamethrower tanks, reload the guns first then use pistol whip again to cover.

They're plasma flamethrowers. They shoot plasma, not fuel.

You'd want to hit either the armored fusion reactor on the back, or their gun itself.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: June 02, 2012, 12:40:10 am »

Eviscerate Soldier #5
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: June 02, 2012, 01:16:45 am »

Kayle looked down at their joined hands for a moment before squeezing his. "...I wish I could claim that. It grabbed me so suddenly, I didn't know what happened. But... I'm happy you came for me. Thank you, Jaffar." She touched the side of her helmet to his for a moment - almost to the top, really, considering she was tall and he was short. A common Cyrian gesture of affection for friends or lovers walking together, although she didn't think he would pick up on that. "I'll watch out for you too." She thought for a moment, returning her attention to him. "We've been walking for awhile. Maybe we should stop and have a bite. You have to keep your energy up on long marches."

She took out two of her snack bars and handed one to him. As far as she was aware, the atmosphere was breathable, so she removed her helmet and tucked it into the crook of her arm. The air was dense and smelled heavily of decaying plant matter. She almost hated taking her helmet off because of such atmospheres; she was so used to breathing manufactured air. Regardless of the slight discomfort, however, she favored Jaffar with a gentle smile. "We should be safe at that creature's corpse. We can eat there."

Action 1: Kayle gives Jaffar a Bar, eats one herself (despite this wasting the effect. :-\ The things I do for RPs sake. :P), and takes a Valaross Cleaver.
Action 2: Kayle scours the base for additional ammo, or at least a store were she can buy or barter her way into getting additional ammo.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: June 02, 2012, 01:29:03 am »

Switch the PDWs for a Soulsword. Detonate the lower jaw and a shoulder joint of the soldiers with respective holes in their armor.
Climb up the ladder unless the flamethrower guy is still trying to fry me. If he is, then pick up one of the Repeaters instead and get out of the flamethrower's range.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 02:12:08 am by HmH »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: June 02, 2012, 02:53:11 am »

Jaffar accepted the helmet bump, not sure what it meant culturally, but knowing it was likely something done between intimates or friends. It was just the way she did it.

He nodded at the offer to eat. It was perfectly Kayle, he thought, to sit down and enjoy a light snack in this alien hellhole...they had conquered, now they feasted over the defeated foeman-that was the Cyrian way.

Jaffar was beginning to understand her. He reached up behind his helment, and touched the indent near his ear-a genetic key assigned to him-and Kayle, though he had not thought to tell her yet. His helmet split open, the familiar wheezing pumps taking over.

His senses were assaulted (an appropriate term) by two things-the jungle smell, bitter and acrid-but, rich with life and growth. Jaffar had a flash memory of travelling in the Polaris Wildelunds with his mother when he was a child...the second was the scent of Kayle herself, a very subtle one.

He took the bar with an easy smile, biting into it.

"We should be safe at that creature's corpse. We can eat there."

"...For now, anyway. We've moved up the food chain-not much will tangle with us here."

He took a moment of companionable silence. The forest around them was beginning to come back to life. Jaffar reflected-while this planet was indeed a dangerous place, it perhaps had it's charms. Hadn't his life taught him so?

"I think I could get to like this place...sure, it's ferocious, with death in a thousand ways...but it's also beautiful-because it's untamed, wild...free. Even this Valaross was beautiful in it's own way.

You know, my mother used to say a woman's beauty was hidden in steel, not perfume. Both the physical steel, and the mental. I didn't know what she meant until...I met you.

...well, I think she might have been talking about someone like you, Kayle. You're strong...and beautiful.

Does that make sense to you, Kayle? I admit, it's only a half formed idea right now..."
he finished, musing.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: June 02, 2012, 03:10:55 am »

"I think I could get to like this place...sure, it's ferocious, with death in a thousand ways...but it's also beautiful-because it's untamed, wild...free. Even this Valaross was beautiful in it's own way."

"Locyrmor was supposedly like this," Kayle said, taking a seat on the Valaross's corpse. She patted the area next to her for Jaffar to sit, if he wanted. "Wild and verdant. Cyrians fought and clawed and struggled their way to supremacy among the native life... conquered it like we did most of the solar system. Wasn't such a good idea, that. Look at Locyrmor now." She sighed and leaned forward, elbows on knees. "We traded a harsh beauty for a harsh sterility. Make no mistake; I take pride in my heritage. No one is a better warrior than a Cyrian... but we're not a people to judge the long-term consequences of our actions. Sometimes I wish we were."

"You know, my mother used to say a woman's beauty was hidden in steel, not perfume. Both the physical steel, and the mental. I didn't know what she meant until...I met you. ..well, I think she might have been talking about someone like you, Kayle. You're strong...and beautiful. Does that make sense to you, Kayle? I admit, it's only a half formed idea right now...""

Kayle smiled, looked down, and shook her head. "You're quite the flatterer, aren't you, Jaffar? I can't say I don't appreciate it, though." She thought about what he had said, the philosophy behind it, as she ate the bar. "I think it does make sense. Would you want some weak-willed simpering female, fit only to tend the house in your absence? Or do you want a real woman, one who can stand by your side in thick and thin, one who you can trust to watch your back in the most dangerous situations... one who's willing to fight for you?" she asked, looking at him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 107