Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85921 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Roll 72: ...
« Reply #1365 on: May 25, 2012, 05:51:28 pm »

Reload the gun and fire into the valaross. (I'm assuming this 'stock' is in the gun, correct?)
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: May 25, 2012, 09:25:13 pm »

The gun has an emergency capsule in the stock because they can't fit more than 7 shots worth of plasma into the feed chamber without overheating it.

Roll 73.25
Additional actions from team 2 are welcome.

Caplus remained in the bush, watching as the Ross admiral took bullets to the face while smashing the living daylights out of the Centauri vigilantes.

Then he felt a hand on his shoulder.
"I can see that you let the Ross admiral get hit..."
"Yeah, my bad... is there any cure to that fungus stuff?"
"The stuff you introduced? Nope. I say we warn the convoy and the headquarters about it, telling them to stay inside the marshcrawlers and watch for infected personnel. The area's been mostly tame so far, I don't think impaler maws and veetraps damaging the treads will be too much of an issue."
"Alright, we'll head back to the others now?"
"Yes, we will..."

Caplus and Winfield arrived at the Valaross' bloody corpse.
"Aduin! Where are the others?"

Kayle held on to the tree. She knew that carnivorous plants were not yet adapted to human prey, especially armored human prey. She was somewhat worried that this particular one was strong enough to pull down trees.

She followed the vine down to a large pitcher about ten meters away from the tree's trunk.
No, the plant can't get any leverage. As long as I stay on the tree, it can't pull me down.
Kayle drew her sword and stuck it in the tree.

The plant began to pull. Kayle felt the tug on her suit's leg, but the armor held together fine and holding on to the tree was not a problem. The tree did, however, begin to shake with the introduction of Kayle's added weight and now, the plant's pulling.

Jaffar arrived with his rifle, [2+1] and upon seeing the pitcher, one of its vines wrapped around Kayle's foot, and Kayle leisurely holding on to the tree, fired a quick burst at the vine.
All three shots missed the vine, predictably, and instead, two of the bolts hit the tree, causing the affected section of the trunk to splinter and burst into flame.
The tree began to sway more.

Jaffar then began to observe the plant more closely.

Spoiler: Necrus Gravitus (click to show/hide)

Aduin, as the beast flailed about, quickly flipped open the weapon's stock and unscrewed a painted green cylinder. He saw it as a bright white rod, however, and felt the warmth in his hands.
Qucikly, Aduin stuck the cylinder into the round hole on the side of the gun. After screwing it into place, he pressed the button on the end, and heard a hissing sound as the pressurized fluid inside was shot into the weapon's firing chamber.

He left the cylinder on and pressed the gun into the back of the Valaross' head. He pulled the trigger twice, and both times the gun made a loud fwooshing noise as the plasma shot into the Valaross' skull, finally killing it. The monster crumpled to the ground, depositing Aduin onto the mud and leaving a pool of brain fluid leaking from its head, and a much larger pool of blood from its belly as its circulatory system relaxed and the veins in the belly contracted.

Valaross was struck down.

Loot is available!
1x Valaross Crest [7]
48x Valaross Carapace [200]
5x Valaross Tissue Sample [20]
2x Valaross Cleaver [24]
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: May 25, 2012, 09:29:06 pm »

"Ugh! Get OFF me!" Kayle yelled, holding onto the tree with one arm. With her free hand, she withdrew the vibroblade from the trunk and attempt to slash the vine away.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: May 26, 2012, 05:30:32 am »

Grab dagger.

As Aduin searched for and retrieved his dagger, he replied to Winfield. "Kayle went MIA. The Polarian went to find him, sir." Once he found his dagger, he looked at the now slowly dissipating corpse of the beast. To him anyway, the heat was slowly leaving. Not yet, but soon enough. He quickly located the blades of the beast, and started cutting one off.

Take a cleaver.

When he finished, he faced towards Winfield and asked, "I suppose we best find them, unless you have anything else in mind."

Go find Kayle and Jaffar and if found, see if the plant has any obvious heat signatures. If Winfield orders me to do something else, do it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 06:18:44 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: May 26, 2012, 05:33:05 am »

Shoot Soldier #2 with the Drone's cannon. Detonate a small amount of the dragon's gas - just enough to ignite it.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1370 on: May 28, 2012, 06:27:28 pm »

Roll 74

Amatin got off the drone and put his weapons away. He looked toward the dragon for a few moments, then waited for the drone to fire first.

****Boom!****

The report of the drone's cannon echoed throughout the site bubble. [6] The target area erupted into a shower of smoke, debris, and after a few moments, a blinding light. The light shook back and forth for a few moments, before it moved toward the ground and bounced, staying there. As the dust cleared, Amatin could spy two bloodied troopers leaning against walls opposite each other. There were trails of blood strewn over the ground from the epicenter to their respective hosts. The light came from the reactor of the last soldier standing, who had flung his backpack to the ground as its feed lines sprung leaks, allowing nuclear fuel to escape and ignite until depressurizing, melting the inside of the reactor and breaking the failsafes.

(That 30m gap is now a smaller ditch, about 10m across and 7m deep)

[3] Amatin ran closer, past Milia, and jumped into the ditch. He landed on the bottom with a thud, his joints momentarily burning with pain as they took the force of the landing. He vaulted over some pipes and climbed the ladder on the opposite side, finding himself in between two flaming soldiers with concussive rifles.

"What the heck! Shoot him!"
Amatin looked forward at the area where the drone had landed its first hit. It wasn't too far away, and Amatin presumed that the dragon's gas had spread a bit. He detonated a portion of the floor as far forward as he could.
[4] The gas ignited, [3] But it was spread too thinly to badly injure anyone. It knocked down the only troop standing, allowing the dragon to pounce upon him.

[6] Amatin then quickly drew both of his PDW's and leaped from the top of the ladder, emptying his magazines to get the soldiers to back down. He landed standing on the steel floor, but his feet crumpled underneath him and he fell over.

Zakroff slowly got up, pain burning through his upper leg as he did so. He drew both pistols, and braced himself over the railing with his elbows. From there, he [6] fired [4] times at the soldiers across the ditch, hitting two of them, twice each, dealing 36 damage to both.

Milia nodded to Zakroff, and packed up her crossbow before running. She scrambled toward a ladder into the ditch, climbed down, and made her way to where Amatin was.

Varron

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)

--------

Kayle removed the sword from the tree and slashed at the vine. The sword cut through easily.
[6] The tree continued to sway. Now that it was on fire, it began to crack as well.

Seeing that she was only about eight meters above the ground, she let go of the tree and fell to the ground.

[4] She slowed her fall by stretching out her hand. Her feet sank into the soggy ground.

"Don't move!" shouted Jaffar.
"Every bush, every bit of ground, could have an impaler maw underneath."

Kayle looked around. Jaffar was right, there was so much brush that there was no way to see if there was a maw underneath. She had always wanted to see one in action.... but not on herself.

Aduin chopped off a cleaver and headed after Jaffar.

Loot is available!
1x Valaross Crest [7]
48x Valaross Carapace [200]
5x Valaross Tissue Sample [20]
1x Valaross Cleaver [12]

Aduin reached Jaffar, who was shouting at Kayle. He asked Jaffar a few clarifying questions, then asked him to point at where the plant was. Aduin inspected the plant to see if there was a heat signature. He saw no difference.

Caplus then showed up.

"A pitcher plant, you say?" he said, hiding a grin beneath his visor. He checked the display to make sure that his shield was now engaged.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: May 28, 2012, 06:28:04 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: May 28, 2012, 06:49:42 pm »

Jaffar was getting a bit desperate..

"Amelia! You've got the basic outline of an Impaler Maw from the library. Can you create me a quick visual recognition program and put it in my HUD?"

Action: Jaffar begins moving slowly, as if he was in a minefield, trying to find a path to Kayle through the traps. Try to use Amelia to create a quick recognition program for them.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: May 28, 2012, 06:57:09 pm »

Kayle closed her eyes and looked around with her extrasensory perception. If these plants counted as lifeforms, she felt she should be able to see them the same as anything else and thus avoid them... but she didn't move yet, just in case it didn't pan out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: May 28, 2012, 08:13:49 pm »

Why is the bloodstone curse still in effect? I just dealt damage this turn

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: May 28, 2012, 08:51:02 pm »

Not with the shotgun.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: May 28, 2012, 08:51:44 pm »

That wasn't very clear *shrugs* oh well I got this.

Run for the drill, fire off a few shots with mah shotty

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: May 28, 2012, 09:28:36 pm »

Aduin simply stares at the area where the plant is, and steps back, seeing that he cannot do much.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: May 28, 2012, 11:34:15 pm »

Whoops!

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: May 29, 2012, 08:01:02 am »

Is it just me, or is my action missing? Did I even post an action? NO I DID NOT!

Lob more fission grenades at enemies! Preferably in a way that will keep my allies safe.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 12:55:23 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 107