Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85942 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Faster Rolls Now...
« Reply #1320 on: May 13, 2012, 10:45:40 pm »

"Hold on, I know it by heart...

Right, it's:

Oh say can you see...
Ross our beloved nation...
A mighty will, a great glory...
"

Caplus switched his helmet's comm to Winfield and whispered.
"I'm a little suspicious, are you? Nobody cares about the 3rd line... he's obviously trying too hard."
Winfield nodded subtly.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 10:47:49 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 13, 2012, 10:50:59 pm »

"I'm gonna need those weapons now. I recommend you give them to me before things get messy."
Pull out my Hammer and try to secure the weapons.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 13, 2012, 10:54:31 pm »

The soldier turned around angrily, and talked to the other four.

Caplus could faintly hear them whisper through their helmets.
"Guys, this is our chance, we can kill the admiral now."
There was a pause. Another one spoke.
"Remember, she's the one who got us reprimanded by the post-monarch for killing that convoy last month. We're vigilantes, not terrorists."
"Then perhaps we should step it up, because the peaceful route isn't going anywhere."
"Sorry, but I'm with Eliza. We can't let this run by."
"GUYS!"

The five turned back to Caplus, Winfield, and Ross.
"Were you listening to all of that?"
Caplus and Winfield nodded. Ross backed away in terror.

They began to raise their guns.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 13, 2012, 10:57:10 pm »

"We have a slight problem! Centauri Terrorists I mean Vigilantes are trying to kill the admirals. Assistance would be helpful ASAP."
Bash the front guy with my hammer to finally find out what the thing actually does.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Roll 70! USSA National Anthem!
« Reply #1324 on: May 14, 2012, 01:12:38 am »

Pausing to think for a moment, Varron started running. The only thing he thought in that split second? 'Screw thinking, thinking is for people who aren't awesome!' he concentrated as he reached the gap (what I assume to be a gap. I'm talking of the '30m or so') and leapt into the air, using his abilities to leap directly towards the enemies before they scattered too far. As he came down, he raised his hands above his head, as everything seemed to slow down for him, and his breath was the only thing he could hear undulled... And then he brought his hands down, slamming them to the ground and releasing a shockwave around him!

In Other Words: TEST NEW SPELL; GRAVITIC SLAM
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: May 14, 2012, 08:20:11 am »

Action: Continue firing, aiming for the belly-split it open!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: May 14, 2012, 10:31:44 am »

((Did Milia shoot her bow or Zakroff his weapon this turn?))

Touch the Soulsword and show the dragon where the bad people threatening its hatchling are.
Open a comm link to the group:

"My dragon is on its way. It will draw the enemy group's fire, but it'll probably try to kill you as well. Run for the dig site as soon as the dragon appears; I'll catch up with you when I make sure it's too busy to come after us.
Meanwhile, provide Varron with some covering fire. Zakroff, get your drone shooting at the repeater guys and whoever strays far enough from Varron.
"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: May 14, 2012, 02:16:30 pm »

Follow Amatin's Orders

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: May 14, 2012, 02:43:46 pm »

This can't be its weak point...way too hard. Must be a shell or hard hide...

Try to climb the beasts shell, and get to its head. Stabbing ensues. If that fails, run off and try stabbing the coldest looking part of its body.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: May 14, 2012, 06:38:10 pm »

Pausing to think for a moment, Varron started running. The only thing he thought in that split second? 'Screw thinking, thinking is for people who aren't awesome!' he concentrated as he reached the gap (what I assume to be a gap. I'm talking of the '30m or so') and leapt into the air, using his abilities to leap directly towards the enemies before they scattered too far. As he came down, he raised his hands above his head, as everything seemed to slow down for him, and his breath was the only thing he could hear undulled... And then he brought his hands down, slamming them to the ground and releasing a shockwave around him!

In Other Words: TEST NEW SPELL; GRAVITIC SLAM

It's not a gap, it's just filler to sub for generic stairways, machinery, railings, etc.

However, now that you mention it, I think I should put a gap there!

--------

Varron ran ahead to the edge of the party's side of the dig site. he peered over the railing, observing an abyss of pipes, hatches, ladders, and an occasional animal or human corpse.

He then looked back up at the soldiers approaching.

At this point, seven men with dangerous weapons shooting at a party of four would not be preferable, so he ran back to get a running start.
Screw thinking, thinking is for people who aren't awesome!

He started running, and--[Talarion's action]

--------

((Did Milia shoot her bow or Zakroff his weapon this turn?))

Whoops, no! :D

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1330 on: May 17, 2012, 12:04:51 am »

Roll 71

Amatin drew his soulsword, waving it in the air.
"Come on, where is it..."
He heard an off-pitch roar--distorted because of the difference in atmosphere--from the other side of the dig site.
The dragon that Amatin had tamed took flight, audibly expelling gas from its mouth. The mixture of air and chemicals evenly spread across the dragon's body, leaving a dragon-shaped trail of it as it flew. It intuitively located Amatin's sword, altering its course for him.

Upon seeing this, the two mercs that Amatin had previously tricked realized what was happening. They abandoned their posts in order to chase the dragon. However, upon firing their weapons, the air around them suddenly combusted and heated up into a mixture of plasma, which infiltrated their suits and fused their joints, immobilizing them permanently.

Amatin turned to rest of the team.
"My dragon is on its way. It will draw the enemy group's fire, but it'll probably try to kill you as well. Run for the dig site as soon as the dragon appears; I'll catch up with you when I make sure it's too busy to come after us.
Meanwhile, provide Varron with some covering fire. Zakroff, get your drone shooting at the repeater guys and whoever strays far enough from Varron."

Dragon will arrive next turn. Awaiting further orders.

Zakroff nodded, loading the first few shells into his shotgun. He was surprised to feel resistance after only 10 rounds--the weapon seemed as old-fashioned as the pistols he had kept from his childhood days. Shooting at the neighborhood bullies with outdated firearms seemed harmless enough until he became good at it, but now that his life was at stake he had no time to learn how to make a useless weapon useful as he had with his handguns. He cocked the weapon and pressed it against his shoulder, hoping for the best possible outcome as Varron began his sprint.

As Varron took his leap across the chasm, he realized that only a fool would not expect him to be a wizard. Thus, he feared that he would be shut down and gutted by enemy fire before he could finish his move. He gulped as he deliberately focused, shutting out all sensory and emotional input, concentrating his energy on developing a spell in order to crush the enemy should his life not end here.

Spoiler: Gravitic Slam! (click to show/hide)

Zakroff noticed the CQC troopers nearing the chasm. One of them slowed down and brought his flamethrower to his hip. The two with the repeaters raised their weapons toward Varron, immediately opening fire. Zakroff [6] opened fire, his shoulder taking the brunt of the damage as his shells bounced off the enemy armor. However, he noticed a strange red afterglow surround his targets. A flamethrower trooper stood perplexed, confused at the almost-hostile red mist that worked its way throughout his armor.
Suddenly, an intuitive voice blared inside Zakroff's own head: Where is the blood?
Huh? he consciously thought in response.
The bloodshed! You dare to call upon the legion without preparing a proper sacrifice? You shall be cursed should you fail to appease us!
Okay...

Bloodstone Curse acquired!

Zakroff, having failed to rob Varron's attention, stood surrounded by his red mist, gritting his teeth firmly as he watched the enemy continue to shoot.
[4+3] Varron's cloak, however made him maneuver with a swift corkscrew, saving him from the hail of debilitating concussive shells and plumes of green plasma that burst forth, allowing him to land on the other side of the chasm completely unscathed, immediately releasing his stored energy.

[1+1]

The four nearby soldiers, anticipating a special move, all jumped backward. Varron's wave slammed them into the ground violently, dazing them somewhat. However, the wave failed to propagate far enough to cause the LMG soldiers to even twitch.

Milia rapidly fired arrows, using her arrow guidance to cancel out the lack of initial aiming from this distance. She aimed at the soldiers in the distance, the ones with the machine guns, because she knew they were ready to fire, and she knew the team was stupid to not deal with them them first.

[3+Deadeye+1=4+Infinity] Milia's four arrows readily found and dug into their targets. They dealt, respectively, 26, 29, 32, and 26 damage.

Then came the firestorm.
At first, no sound was made. The party was not immediately aware that it was under fire. But Milia noticed the sound of violent hissing coming from the direction of the gunners. Amatin noticed the heated spots appearing in the metal behind him. Zakroff took a blast of photons to the knee. [6] It threw him backward with the force of the sun's energy concentrated into a physical push. While lasers were used to heat the target and melt through it, photon weaponry, while also using light, aimed to cripple and vaporize the target. Given that these soldier's weaponry was powered by fusion cells, it hurt. A lot.
Zakroff's knee was almost blown off, his cloak somewhat distributing the blast. However, the concentrated photons punched through his metal* plating and shattered the bone, tore through the flesh, and crippled him, for 35 damage.

Zakroff grabbed a nearby pipe, separating it from the rest with his reconstruction, and used it to support himself as he hopped out of the line of fire. Steam and coolant spewed from the severed pipe ends, helping to control the heat that Zakroff absorbed from the photon blasts.

*Photon LMG's do 20 ballistic and 20 thermal, 5 shots. Armor reduction is averaged for both damage types. So 4 ballistic and 8 thermal would equate to 6.
(Also, the LMG troopers have 2 accuracy, making their armor penetration better. Remember the formula:
Armor Reduction = Armor * sqrt(Shots Fired/(Accuracy + 1)))

2 turns until Photon LMG volley.

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)

--------

Kayle put the cannon away, hoping to conserve its ammunition, since she had no idea what to actually use for it in the future. She instead detached her SmartCannon from its mount on her back, slinging the Shatterer, and immediately began strafing the beast, opening fire with the tracking rounds. [1] She managed to deal 29 damage total, as the cannon was not designed to assault large monsters but rather human-sized targets. Instead of scoring successive headshots, the cannon guidance brought the fire all over the creature's body, hitting its spindly yet armored legs, the edges of its shell, its toughened crest, and its bloodstained belly.

Jaffar kept shooting said belly. The monster, after venting its anger via Defeaning Roar, began to stand up. Suddenly, Jaffar felt a bit of terror run down his spine. This was justified. Jaffar, while shooting, noticed that Kayle was getting closer. Suddenly nervous, Jaffar shouted, "Stay back!", not knowing his own reasoning.
Then the monster charged him. [1+1] He tripped as he tried to dodge. Kayle shouted for him, but by the time he could respond by assuring her, he had been diced for 20 damage.

Despite the wound, Jaffar managed to deal 76 damage with one of his better shots.

[6] Aduin rode the beast as it continued to intimidate Jaffar, making his way to what he believed to be the head. He braced one arm around the monster's chitinous crest, and brought the dagger down with his weapon arm, scoring a solid and commendable 20 damage to its right eye. The monster screamed as it tried to shake him off.

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)
Half-Blind[/spoiler] (20% damage amplification)

Caplus immediately unslung his hammer, deactivated his static shield for a moment, then hit the front man with a hammer uppercut that launched the victim into the sky, sending him flying into the distance. The hammer vibrated in his hand, humming gently. The meter on the the handle decreased to indicate that a charge had been used.

Caplus then activated his shield again, and stepped forward.
"Who's next?"

"Caplus," he heard Winfield whisper through the calm.
"Yeah?"
"I'm going to go after that guy you just risked letting him escape. Watch your admiral."
"He's not my admiral, he's--"
"Shh..."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 04:50:47 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: May 17, 2012, 12:05:34 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: May 17, 2012, 12:06:13 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: May 17, 2012, 12:08:53 am »

"Damn it... stay down, Jaffar! it might not register you as a threat! I'll draw it off!" Kayle planted herself between Jaffar and the Valaross, continuing to fire the cannon into it in hopes of presenting herself as a bigger danger than the downed Polaric.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: May 17, 2012, 12:52:49 am »

Varron quickly dived for cover, throwing out his hand as he did so and, after focusing on the closest target for a second, began to turn it inside out.

In other words, Eviscerate the closest target while trying to get into cover.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 12:54:15 am by Talarion »
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 107