Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 107

Author Topic: Space Wizard RTD: Rolls.  (Read 85945 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Faster Rolls Now...
« Reply #1290 on: May 04, 2012, 12:53:13 am »

Kayle decided now was a good time to try out her shatterer cannon and took aim at the creature. "I'd better log this battle..." she muttered, starting up her PDA's recording program. It might be valuable data for other Cyrians.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: May 04, 2012, 01:16:22 am »

Follow Amatin after getting up, try and crush the yellow orb into a confined space to stop it from damaging anyone, after Amatin tries to smash it.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: May 04, 2012, 05:19:17 am »

Jaffar didn't like the look of the beast-and the people they had 'helped', quickly retreating, made him groan. He tried to send a quick broad-band message to them, if they were listening.

"Hey, vapor-brains. We just saved your asses. Why don't you return the favor? We could use some more firepower on this thing. "

Ah, no good deed goes unpunished. He might normally have broken for cover, but Kayle was still standing beside him. He couldn't back away now. Instead, he made some room between them, so the monsters couldn't get them both in one swipe.

Action: Send a quick message asking the other soldiers to help out.

Then, Spread out from Kaylee but stay in her firing line-keep on shooting the creatures stomach!

Listen if my cloak is giving me any hints about this species.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: May 04, 2012, 07:51:52 pm »

Use Cryokinesis on the Valros' legs to possibly slow it down.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Space Wizard RTD: Surprise Roll 58!
« Reply #1294 on: May 04, 2012, 08:24:13 pm »

Roll 69

Amatin tracked the assassin's soul as it fled, zooming in. The assassin was holding a communicator, so he decided to experiment and see if he could give Van Buren a taste of his own by possessing one of his best men.
[1] He was immediately shut out with such spiritual force as to send him flying backward in real space.
He dusted himself off and stood back up in the darkness. Disappointed, he walked back to the drone to find his suit beeping as it engaged.
"oh what the..."

The room was flashing brightly, the light emanating from some curious yellow orb that was giving off sparks and heat waves.
"Varron, can you force the heat to stay near the orb? Just in case? I'm going to smash it."

"Right!" exclaimed Varron. [4] He carefully formed a bubble of vacuum surrounding the orb, as well as lifting it into the air. Amatin drew his impact hammer and swung once at the orb.
The hammer's piston immediately snapped, jamming the head through the orb and catching it. Varron maintained his concentration as soon as he saw the orb emitting more sparks than usual. Finally, the orb glowed a bright white, emitting immense amounts of heat. He struggled to keep it contained, but managed to keep it still as Amatin yanked his hammer out and inspected the damage. The head was melted and fused to the piston.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zakroff struggled to get up. He smelled something burning.
"My suit, it's melting!"
He scrambled to yank the scorching metal plate out of his coat, and then flung it onto the floor below. He then felt the warm air against his back, and ran forward.
"One of you get my drone moving. There's a control panel above the cargo compartment. Everyone else, we need to get there like soon, seriously."

As the party traversed one hallway and one internal elevator (L2), Amatin's communicator picked up some chatter on the Dolphin channel
Voice 1-"Looks like there's nobody here. I think the overseer may have tripped over a cable or something."
Voice 2-"There's no damage at all. No blood, no scorch marks. I think they're either janitors, or we've been fooled."
<silence for 40 seconds>
Voice 3-"Fusion cells charged. We're ready."
Voice 2-"M'kay. Lets wait for instructions. You sure your cores aren't sabotaged? What are the readings?"
Voice 3-"Diagnostics are fine, full voltage and everything."
Van Buren-"Attention, Alpha needs to head to the surface level, ASAP. Beta should have two men watch the reactor room, two men watch the motor, one watch the transmission, and the rest should patrol around the base. Shoot on sight. Also watch for our special agent coming through the halls."

L2 arrived at the surface of the dig site. The drilling had been resumed, but it seemed that most of the armed guards were downstairs. There were two other lifts that led to the surface--one on the far side of the dig site, and another directly in between the party and the drill pit.

--------

[4] Jaffar moved to the side to avoid being in the path of the monster's two blades. As he continued firing, the species' name popped into his head, as well as some aspects about it.
Valaross, large predator, extremely rare. Hmm.
(20 damage)

He made an attempt to alert the five soldiers who were deserting.
"Hey, vapor-brains. We just saved your asses. Why don't you return the favor? We could use some more firepower on this thing. "
They either did not hear Jaffar or did not want to hear him, because they continued to enter the dense brush in flight.

[1] Kayle backed away switching to her shatterer cannon to conduct a field test. The monster went for her as she was the biggest target, and used its attack, dealing 25 damage to her armor. Meanwhile, she uncapped the shatterer's barrel, revealing a series of evenly spaced circular plates oriented forward, all fused together and attached to a central column. She pointed the contraption at the beasts head and held the trigger down.
[6] The weapon made a noise that quickly rose in pitch before unleashing a wave through the air that fanned out and struck the Valaross, blasting it back and causing it to trip over its legs and fall.

[4] Caplus took the opportunity to get off a single shot at the Valaross' head, dealing 79 damage!

[6] As Jaffar reloaded, Caplus propped the gun against the ground, and Kayle cycled her cannon's energy cells, Aduin charged with his red wolfram dagger, under-equipped but with unbending morale against the now-blind monster, [5] viciously stabbing it in the neck, head, and catching the dagger on its shell a few times in the process, for 29 and 24 damage.

Spoiler: Vicinity (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 08:57:29 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: May 04, 2012, 08:24:51 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:36:29 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: May 04, 2012, 08:25:07 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheets 2 (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: May 04, 2012, 08:34:07 pm »

As Zakroff walked he dropped all his guns along with their ammo into the drone's container (except for his pistol, and clips for it), and then began digging around inside of it. Once finished he pulls out a shotgun, and forty shells which he deftly begins loading into the shotgun as he spoke, "When we get to the drill you guys head on down, and enter the ruins or whatever it is Van Buren wants down there, I will stay up here, and set up some stuff to cover us while the group is down there." As he finished a thought flickered through his mind, "To bad I won't be joining you guys, I need to ensure you finish this one way or another ..." Behind his suit's visor, and his mask a saddened expression would be seen if not for those two things.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: May 05, 2012, 12:47:43 pm »

Jaffar commed his teammates.

"Alright, keep pouring fire on it-the thing will regenerate if we give it a few seconds to do so. Also, make sure you're not caught in melee with another person here, it can swipe and cleave two for one with those claws."

Action: Keep laying fire onto the creatures belly with my Plasma jet cannon! Stay out of melee.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: May 05, 2012, 02:50:55 pm »

Kayle looked at her weapon. "Ah, I see how this works. Very useful indeed..." Pointing it at the creature once more, she waited for it to get back up before blasting it again in the hopes of keeping it stunlocked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: May 07, 2012, 02:51:55 am »

"Heads up: Van Buren knows we're here. Reinforcements are on their way. Keep your eyes open."
Sabotage the L2 by Detonating its mechanism. Give the dragon an unstoppable urge to destroy the elevator on the far side of the base. Lead the group to the drill.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: May 07, 2012, 05:52:37 am »

"Fire...or constant stabbing."

If I am near a team member, get a few metres away and throw a pebble at the Valaross, hoping to distract it. If I succeed in distracting, run around and engage stabbing....where one would expect the reproductive organs would be, as indicated by the heat levels. If it misses or does little to annoy the beast, swipe at feet, trying to prevent it from extended movement.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:55:58 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: May 07, 2012, 05:21:46 pm »

Pull out my AR and fire at the Valros.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: May 08, 2012, 07:31:08 pm »

Winfield walked over to Caplus and asked him a question.
"Caplus, can you come along with us? We... need you to talk to these soldiers. I can't just have them run away, you know?"

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: May 09, 2012, 12:56:20 am »

Varron shrugged slightly, following Amatin.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 107