Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278333 times)

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 2 - 1 REPLACEMENT REQUIRED
« Reply #360 on: August 12, 2011, 02:56:31 am »

Sorry about not responding, I got caught up in a few things and just sort of skimmed over the messages. Not to mention I didn't really get how warlocks can't be scum night 1... I must be missing something there, I don't know.

Anyway, I had no idea that warlocks could even be scum. At that point, I had seen the warlock in the Town role-list, and made an assumption.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 12, 2011, 03:34:41 am »

Spoiler: For Solifuge (click to show/hide)

Sorry about not responding, I got caught up in a few things and just sort of skimmed over the messages. Not to mention I didn't really get how warlocks can't be scum night 1... I must be missing something there, I don't know.

Anyway, I had no idea that warlocks could even be scum. At that point, I had seen the warlock in the Town role-list, and made an assumption.

No problem, dude.

I believe you. (I'm lying.)

This explanation is transparently hollow. If I weren't busy holding Pandarsenic's ass to the fire for lurking I would be voting you.

Anyway, onto the game. I can confirm CrownOfFire's statement, having chatted with him last night. I can't say whether he's scum or not; the only things he wrote of were asking who my top suspects were (which I provided), and to let me know that I could confirm him as Town in the event that I came back.

Wait a second.

That looks suspicious.

Really, really suspicious.

Solifuge, if you have the PMs, would you mind posting them?

CrownOfFire asking you to confirm him in the event you come back (oh, and hey look, you came back) is way too much of a coincidence.

Also, I spoilered the wall of text, not because I didn't want it to be seen, but because I'd rather highlight the part I bolded in your quote because it's really, really, really suspicious.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 12, 2011, 03:37:29 am »

Solifuge, if you have the PMs, would you mind posting them?

Wait, this isn't Paranormal. There might be rules against that.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 12, 2011, 03:45:50 am »

CrownOfFire asking you to confirm him in the event you come back (oh, and hey look, you came back) is way too much of a coincidence.
That is an interesting theory. So tell me, how would a scum player know if another was going to be resurrected?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 12, 2011, 03:47:33 am »

Scum Priest + Scum Warlock making a cunning plan.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 12, 2011, 03:49:23 am »

So unless somebody counter claims Josh, for your theory to be correct wouldn't Josh need to be scum?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 12, 2011, 03:51:30 am »

Yes, that would be the obvious implication.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #367 on: August 12, 2011, 03:53:21 am »

I had/have no idea what roles there are in the game, so that was a complete shot in the dark. I considered that there could be a second priest, but I assumed it was rather unlikely.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 12, 2011, 04:00:07 am »

Yes, that would be the obvious implication.
Then we can test your theory in two ways. The first is lynching Crown, the second is lynching Josh. Now let's assume you are wrong, who would you rather mislynch, the Warlock, or the Priest who has already used up he's revive?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 12, 2011, 04:02:29 am »

You're awfully lynch happy.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 12, 2011, 04:06:34 am »

Hey, I'm just going off your theory here. What, your willing to call Josh scum when he isn't the one on the chopping block, but when you need to back your claims suddenly I'm just too lynch happy?
Tell me Jim, the warlock or the ex-useful priest?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 12, 2011, 04:12:05 am »

Yep, I was RB'd last night. However, the flavor said that there's only one guard and the manner of it suggested that the guard should I know if I went anywhere (which I didn't). So, either Toaster or Vector are lying.

Also, isn't there a name for the technique 'everyone lynch him, he's scum!!!'?...

I guess we could lynch Solifuge to establish whether JoshuaFH is pious or not.
Why would we lynch a potential priest who hasn't used he's revive, when we could lynch a potential priest who has used he's power? Josh is out of cards now, assuming he is being honest, he is as useful as a townie, while Soli could still do something good. If we lynch Josh then the most we can loose is a townie, where as it is also possible that we end up lynching a necromancer.
Now, there's something very interesting about this response. You cut off the part of Leafsnail's statement that said we should lynch Pandar (despite the fact that we could lynch Soli). I don't like this very, very much.

Also you are attacking Joshua for mislynching, which is a pretty bad tactic in general. Tsk-tsk, Max, tsk-tsk.

Now, firstly: we should not assume that the scum didn't act last night.  They could be a cult, there could be an arsonist style mechanic.  So we should not, say, no lynch on any future day.
Why are you stating the obvious? It sounds like you know the exact flavour of scum.

I hate agreeing with Max. Like, really really hate agreeing with Max, but yeah, we've been sissy fighting since the start of the game almost.
Uh... you're defending the person you're voting for?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 12, 2011, 04:15:01 am »

Hey, I'm just going off your theory here. What, your willing to call Josh scum when he isn't the one on the chopping block, but when you need to back your claims suddenly I'm just too lynch happy?
Tell me Jim, the warlock or the ex-useful priest?

You're also awfully pushy.

I'm not ready to endorse my own theory 100% yet. How about you cool your lynch happy jets and let me gather information.

And something else: if your whole attempt to convince me to lynch JoshuaFH revolves around him being a more preferable mislynch, your attempt will fail hard and I will suspect you heavily for it.

So, either Toaster or Vector are lying.

How so?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 12, 2011, 04:19:55 am »

Now, there's something very interesting about this response. You cut off the part of Leafsnail's statement that said we should lynch Pandar (despite the fact that we could lynch Soli). I don't like this very, very much.

Also you are attacking Josh for mislynching, which is a pretty bad tactic in general. Tsk-tsk, Max, tsk-tsk.
I cut off the bit that wasn't relevant to what I wanted to reply to. You will notice I am doing the same to your post right now. I trim posts to keep them neat and relevent, makes it easy to know what I am responding to.

Also, I'm attacking Joshua for trying to build a defence for mislynching without anybody even asking about it, and a very poor defence at that.

You're also awfully pushy.

I'm not ready to endorse my own theory 100% yet. How about you cool your lynch happy jets and let me gather information.

And something else: if your whole attempt to convince me to lynch JoshuaFH revolves around him being a more preferable mislynch, your attempt will fail hard and I will suspect you heavily for it.
Gather all you like, but the fact of the matter is that if you decide to follow through with your theory, it depends on Josh being scum, and he is a preferable lynch. I don't see why any townie wouldn't play it safe.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 12, 2011, 04:33:02 am »

You're so completely missing the point that I'm not sure I want to bother explaining it to you.

People do not vote on who makes the least damaging mislynch. This is exactly what you're trying to convince me to do. It is an incredibly scummy way to push a lynch. I suspect you for it.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70