Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278366 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 2 - 1 REPLACEMENT REQUIRED
« Reply #330 on: August 11, 2011, 08:43:02 pm »

Jim:  Does it really matter what flavor of blocker I'm claiming at this point?

I'm not discounting the possibility that there's some sort of scum-specific roleblocker. I didn't really expect any answer other than the one you gave, but it's still important to make sure about these things.

I think that covers all the possibilities for why there was no kill. Well, most of them, anyway.

You're scum, aren't you?

You haven't contributed anything with this post of yours. Theorizing uselessly like you've done here is a favored tactic for inexperienced scum. It lets them look active without contributing anything worthwhile, like their suspicions or other scumhunting.

Let's not forget your lurking, and the borrowed vote from Solifuge from yesterday.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 11, 2011, 09:04:36 pm »

Max:  (Emphasis mine)
Did you ever get anything more than "gut feeling?"  If you want him lynched, why aren't you voting him?
Well right now he is trying way too hard to justify he's mislynch without giving any reasons why Soli looked scummy to him.

And the hammer, you know the saying, "when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
So basicaly he is trying to say that because he dosn't have any night abilities, everything looked like scum and so that is why he mislynched.
Also... Oh yea.
Josh: Why are you trying so hard to justify your mislynch?

Oh yeah, real classy: it's his mislynch now.  You're doing your damnedest to make him take a fall for Solifuge's lynch.  You're conveniently ignoring the other five people that voted for him... and that you were voting Solifuge for a while as well.  This is scummy BS, and I'd vote you over it if I didn't have a better target.

Jim:  Fair enough.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 11, 2011, 09:09:54 pm »

He was part of it, and nobody else has yet to try and explain themselves in such a poor manner. Hell, Jim was pushing the damn thing and he dosn't feel compelled to tell us all that we should pity him because without any powers, how is he to know who to lynch? If Josh was town, he would look for scum, then lynch, and if he happened to mislynch he would know that it happens when town put out scumtells, not because of a lack of night abilities.
It is he's mislynch, and he is acting scummy after it. True it is other peoples too, but he had a hand in it.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #333 on: August 11, 2011, 09:14:49 pm »

Jim:  Does it really matter what flavor of blocker I'm claiming at this point?

I'm not discounting the possibility that there's some sort of scum-specific roleblocker. I didn't really expect any answer other than the one you gave, but it's still important to make sure about these things.

I think that covers all the possibilities for why there was no kill. Well, most of them, anyway.

You're scum, aren't you?

You haven't contributed anything with this post of yours. Theorizing uselessly like you've done here is a favored tactic for inexperienced scum. It lets them look active without contributing anything worthwhile, like their suspicions or other scumhunting.

Let's not forget your lurking, and the borrowed vote from Solifuge from yesterday.
Well, no, I'm not scum.

And I'm not scum because I'm a Warlock. I can talk to a dead person each night through PMs. Solifuge can confirm this, as I talked to him last night. I suppose that'd leave me as confirmed Town if Solifuge ever shows up.

I'm not exactly inclined to disbelieve Toaster that he's a guard, but we'll see how Dariush reacts and what he claims. After all, it's only sporting to give him a chance to think of a fake-claim.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 11, 2011, 09:18:01 pm »

Crown:
And I'm not scum because I'm a Warlock. I can talk to a dead person each night through PMs. Solifuge can confirm this, as I talked to him last night. I suppose that'd leave me as confirmed Town if Solifuge ever shows up.

That does zero to confirm your alignment.

Max:
He was part of it, and nobody else has yet to try and explain themselves in such a poor manner. Hell, Jim was pushing the damn thing and he dosn't feel compelled to tell us all that we should pity him because without any powers, how is he to know who to lynch? If Josh was town, he would look for scum, then lynch, and if he happened to mislynch he would know that it happens when town put out scumtells, not because of a lack of night abilities.
It is he's mislynch, and he is acting scummy after it. True it is other peoples too, but he had a hand in it.

Why not say that the first time?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 11, 2011, 09:21:02 pm »

Not exactly.
If Soli came back as a demon and you were scum, he would back your story no matter what your role. Further more, wasn't there a scum warlock in a past game? Even if he shows up, and is town, and agrees with you (And this is the best case senario for you) you still arn't hard town.

Also, what is this? Why are we all claiming?

Why not say that the first time?
I thought I did, didn't I? I just told you, it was he's mislynch and he was being defencive about it. That isn't different from what I said before.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 11, 2011, 09:25:57 pm »

Toaster Although im not sure if your really a roleblocker, i'd just like to note there are a few different kinds of roleblockers. There's the normal kind, and then there's the other kind which allow's the blocker to talk to the person being blocked and vise versa.

Crown So your a town aligned warlock? I doubt that, and why do you want Darius to claim? I wasn't even aware we were doing a massclaim.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #337 on: August 11, 2011, 09:36:35 pm »

Crown So your a town aligned warlock? I doubt that, and why do you want Darius to claim? I wasn't even aware we were doing a massclaim.
Toaster claims to have blocked him, and there wasn't a kill. Therefore, it follows that he's either SK or scum.

And no, there is no mass-claim. I just saw an opportunity to show myself as town before Solifuge dies again or something. It's better to confirm myself Town earlier in the game.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Supernatural creatures hate Barons
« Reply #338 on: August 11, 2011, 09:40:27 pm »

BD:
Bdthemag: Replacing in for kilakan then. He didn't leave you in a good spot... You had just saved your own ass by lynching the town priest. Do you agree that kilakan made the right choice?

And no, there is no mass-claim. I just saw an opportunity to show myself as town before Solifuge dies again or something. It's better to confirm myself Town earlier in the game.
No, your not confirmng yourself as town, your just giving us a role. Soli has all day to claim. I doubt he is going to be able to go today without posting, or he will get replaced. And I'm sure if he is replaced, then the replacement will be filled in on the details. Your story isn't checking out.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 11, 2011, 09:43:52 pm »

Max Well deciding to lynch the town priest was an ass move, but Solifuge wasn't really helping out much in the first place.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 11, 2011, 09:47:43 pm »

There's quite a few more claims today then I thought there'd be.

@Max:

This is ridiculous Max. You're ridiculous. It's like I can't read one of your posts without imagining you going "Hmm, I have this conclusion I'd like to reach, how do I get the information to fit it?".

Now I'm going to have to do something I don't like doing, the point-by-point post.

Did you ever get anything more than "gut feeling?"  If you want him lynched, why aren't you voting him?
Well right now he is trying way too hard to justify he's mislynch without giving any reasons why Soli looked scummy to him.
Josh: Why are you trying so hard to justify your mislynch?
Wait, where am I trying to justify it? I'm really curious as to this one, cause I don't remember doing anything of the sort.

And, I flatout said, yesterday, that I didn't think Solifuge was scum. I put it in the most plain words I could think of. If anything, I was predicting his mislynch, which I didn't mind, seeing as I could revive him anyhow.

And the hammer, you know the saying, "when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."
So basicaly he is trying to say that because he dosn't have any night abilities, everything looked like scum and so that is why he mislynched.

Firstly, the quote you're responding to was a turn-of-phrase, seeing as how I only had one tool, I thought I might as well use it.

Secondly, I have no idea what you're saying here, but I'm very sure it's fallacious. Please phrase it again.

Here's my theory Max: You're scum. Either Pandar or Dariush, your scumbuddies, got found out, and now you're thrashing at the slightest (il)logical inklings to throw attention off of them and onto me, since you've been attacking me anyhow.

(As an aside, Max, are you a native English speaker? I just find it odd that you mix up "His" and "He's" so often. I'm just curious, no offense intended.)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 11, 2011, 09:53:34 pm »

Wait, where am I trying to justify it? I'm really curious as to this one, cause I don't remember doing anything of the sort.

And, I flatout said, yesterday, that I didn't think Solifuge was scum. I put it in the most plain words I could think of. If anything, I was predicting his mislynch, which I didn't mind, seeing as I could revive him anyhow.
So when all you can do is vote, you vote wrecklessly and cause mislynches. Sure...
Also, if you didn't think he was scum, why did you vote for him?

Here's my theory Max: You're scum. Either Pandar or Dariush, your scumbuddies, got found out, and now you're thrashing at the slightest (il)logical inklings to throw attention off of them and onto me, since you've been attacking me anyhow.
Is that a chainsaw I see?

(As an aside, Max, are you a native English speaker? I just find it odd that you mix up "His" and "He's" so often. I'm just curious, no offense intended.)
Yea, sorry. My native language is in the C syntax, anything else I never fully understood.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 11, 2011, 11:23:41 pm »

Well, no, I'm not scum.

I'm not exactly inclined to disbelieve Toaster that he's a guard, but we'll see how Dariush reacts and what he claims. After all, it's only sporting to give him a chance to think of a fake-claim.

Ha ha, right. Let's get this straight:

Get called scum => Claim immediately

What a reaction!

Thanks, CrownOfFire. You made it really, really easy to show that you were scum.

Why are you trying to push the idea that your role, which isn't exclusive to the town, makes you somehow a confirmed town, when it really, really doesn't? (Hint: It's because you're scum.)
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 11, 2011, 11:26:22 pm »

So when all you can do is vote, you vote wrecklessly and cause mislynches. Sure...
Also, if you didn't think he was scum, why did you vote for him?

I'm not sure how it's wreckless, when I did it deliberately. I clarified it was to prevent Soli coming in at the last moment and force a no-lynch, since his vote would tie up the ballot.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 11, 2011, 11:32:39 pm »

And your ignoring allegations of both being defencive about lynching town and chainsawing?
Well I guess when you know something is true, it becomes hard to argue with it.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 70