Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278389 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Supernatural creatures hate Barons
« Reply #300 on: August 08, 2011, 07:00:07 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
kilakan: CrownOfFire, lordnincompoop, Max White, Toaster
Max White: Pandarsenic
Solifuge: Dariush, Jim Groovester, JoshuaFH, kilakan, Leafsnail, Vector
Vector: Jokerman-EXE
Abstain: Solifuge

After a long day of wrangling, you finally settle on the overly silent Solifuge as your choice. He mutters glumly as the guards lead him up to the execution platform.

"Any last words?"

"Oh, just get it over with." He spits.

"As you wish". The axe rushes downwards, and with a sickening thunk his head lands below him.

The High Priest walks up and looks over the body. After examining it a bit he blesses it and returns to you.

"Solifuge was a Priest of mine. And, it seems, innocent of the evils that have befallen us. It is said that in death will the evil be revealed, but I could find no trace.". He pauses, and sighs.

"That is all we can do for today. Return to your homes. And pray. Pray that we find this evil soon, and root it out swiftly."

Day has ended. Send in your night actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Night 1 - REPLACEMENT REQUIRED
« Reply #301 on: August 08, 2011, 09:21:48 pm »

Kilakan just informed me that he'll be away from reliable internet for the next 5 days, so he'll need replacing.

UPDATE: And now jakeread1 also needs replacing.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 03:48:48 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Night 1 - 2 REPLACEMENTS REQUIRED
« Reply #302 on: August 10, 2011, 06:31:12 pm »

I'd rather not start the day phase until I have at least 1 replacement, but if I can't get any I'll start the day tomorrow morning anyway at ~10am Pacific Time.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Night 1 - 2 REPLACEMENTS REQUIRED
« Reply #303 on: August 11, 2011, 11:03:24 am »

Bdthemag will replace Kilakan. Hopefully we can get someone to replace Jakeread as well. I'll give Bdthemag a bit to review everything before I start the day phase.
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Night 1 - 1 REPLACEMENT REQUIRED
« Reply #304 on: August 11, 2011, 05:13:13 pm »

Dawn arrives, bright and clear.

One by one you straggle into the courtyard. Soon, everyone is present. Including, to everyone’s shock, a perfectly healthy looking Solifuge!

Surprised, with a look of skeptical hope on his face, the High Priest instructs all of you to begin the day’s deliberations.

Day 2 has begun! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday

We still need a replacement for jakeread1
Come play Mafia with us!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Day 2 - 1 REPLACEMENT REQUIRED
« Reply #305 on: August 11, 2011, 05:23:40 pm »

Okay, really.

Who the hell revived Solifuge?

Tell me who you are so I can tell you exactly how terrible of an idea that was.

Because, really, that was a terrible fucking idea.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 11, 2011, 05:56:58 pm »

I did, I'm the town's second priest.

Enlighten me though. My role text does hint that something can go wrong, but when all you have is a hammer...

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 11, 2011, 06:07:49 pm »

When a priest resurrects someone they either come back the way they were or as an unholy demon that kills people. This is based on their piety which is hidden from them. Impious priests raise demons while pious priests raise people as they were.

I'll forgive you if you didn't know that priests can raise unholy demons that kill people.

But I won't forgive you for raising Solifuge in particular.

Why????? You've got a one shot power that returns people from the dead, so why the hell would you use it on someone who didn't bother to play with no useful information? It helps precisely no one to have him back, and on top of that, we have to worry about whether he's going to start nomming people up now.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Supernatural creatures hate Barons
« Reply #308 on: August 11, 2011, 06:15:32 pm »

Josh: So, Josh, you decide to use your resurrect night 1? On somebody that doesn't have any cop style role. I don't think you are a priest, I think your a necromancer.
Bdthemag: Replacing in for kilakan then. He didn't leave you in a good spot... You had just saved your own ass by lynching the town priest. Do you agree that kilakan made the right choice?

Max White: What made you want to switch votes initially from kilakan to Solifuge? When you did, you listed the exact same reason you chose not to vote on previously. That, to me, sounds very wrong.

And then, you re-vote kilakan because... Lurking isn't good enough? What? Why did you even switch in the first place?
Ok, in order of when and why.
Voted for kilikan; To untie a vote, because he was the more scummy of the two.
Voted for Soli; Because the idea was that he would stop lurking with some votes on him. Turns out I was wrong, so...
Voted for kilikan again; Because after rereading the thread, he was bandwagoning, trying to buddy when on he's last legs, and hasn't realy given us anything useful from what I can see.

Any questions I missed?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 11, 2011, 06:15:33 pm »

Unexpected, to say the least.

BDthemag, make sure to get in touch ASAP after reading the thread. Thanks.

Enlighten me though. My role text does hint that something can go wrong, but when all you have is a hammer...

...That's pretty vague. Mind elaborating on that role and that hammer?

Why????? You've got a one shot power that returns people from the dead, so why the hell would you use it on someone who didn't bother to play with no useful information? It helps precisely no one to have him back, and on top of that, we have to worry about whether he's going to start nomming people up now.

Does the revivee change at all if successful?

If it's a one-shot, then that was a pretty shitty target selection. Joshua, was there a reason you decided to revive Soli in particular?

I'm going to sleep; I'll try to make a more comprehensive content post tomorrow.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2011, 06:17:54 pm »

Before I forget, reading over the last games, I remember hearing something about how some roles might be given a hint if there was a demon revive, right? Just from past games, what sort of roles would get a message like this? Would they get a message if there was a normal revive? Is it only the magical roles, or can the more mundane also be given a hint?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 11, 2011, 06:21:26 pm »

Why raise Solifuge in particular: Because I might as well use my power anyway. I knew something bad might happen, but I also knew that I could be unceremoniously killed.

I like to think of it as giving him a second chance to participate.

About raising Demons that kill people: Man, I don't know what you're complaining about, that's freaking awesome. If he came up town, then the scum have one more person to worry about, again. If he came up demon, then the mafia have to worry about a potential SK that's aiming to kill them as well. Problem solves itself, I think.

Presuming that he is an SK, of course.

...That's pretty vague. Mind elaborating on that role and that hammer?

That I have a one-shot revive that can make demons 50% of the time?

And the hammer, you know the saying, "when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 11, 2011, 06:26:28 pm »

About raising Demons that kill people: Man, I don't know what you're complaining about, that's freaking awesome. If he came up town, then the scum have one more person to worry about, again. If he came up demon, then the mafia have to worry about a potential SK that's aiming to kill them as well. Problem solves itself, I think.

Last time it was not an SK, but rather a mafia super saint. So if he lynch then we loose a townie... So if Meph hasn't changed the rule set (And he might have) then lynching Soli is sure to end in a townie death... That is if you were a priest, something I am sceptical about.

As I recall, a necromancer can bring one person back from the dead each night, and may only have one servant as a time.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 11, 2011, 06:27:05 pm »

Darn it! I should have preveiwed!

Last time it was not an SK, but rather a mafia super saint. So if he lynch then we loose a townie... So if Meph hasn't changed the rule set (And he might have) then lynching Soli is sure to end in a townie death... That is if you were a priest, something I am sceptical about.

As I recall, a necromancer can bring one person back from the dead each night, and may only have one servant as a time.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 11, 2011, 06:32:15 pm »

Now, firstly: we should not assume that the scum didn't act last night.  They could be a cult, there could be an arsonist style mechanic.  So we should not, say, no lynch on any future day.

So if you're the second priest, there's a roughly 100% chance that one of you is an impious priest.  Or scum (since we don't know what the scum are, I don't think a "Cult Leader Necromancer" or whatever you want to call them is entirely unlikely).

I guess we could lynch Solifuge to establish whether JoshuaFH is pious or not.  Or we could lynch scum.  Pandarsenic.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 70