Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 70

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Game Over! Demonic Victory  (Read 278354 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 4 - Supernatural creatures hate Barons
« Reply #270 on: August 08, 2011, 01:16:24 am »

Meph, can we get prods on the lurkers?  Please?

I prodded people on Friday. I don't prod during weekends, though, since people don't always have time or internet to play. If people haven't shown up by Monday I'll start looking into replacing them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 08, 2011, 01:21:42 am »

Ah, okay.  I didn't know you'd done the Friday-prod, so... thanks much for that, you great and capable mod ~!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 08, 2011, 02:33:53 am »

Hrmmmmmmm.

So, Meph sent out prods on Friday, and Solifuge still hasn't bothered to come around, despite being around the forums? He must have noticed that PM. And any decent person would ask for a replacement if they were truly unable to play.

Meph, does posting in the quicktopics you hand out count for participation in the game, assuming complete lack of participation in the main thread?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 08, 2011, 02:52:57 am »

Sorry for not posting for two days, been quite busy (though still kept an eye on the thread).

So, that's four people lurking and one asking for replacement. Totally awesome.

Can anyone shortly explain the current case on kilakan? Those WoTs are scaring me. :( What I see right now is him keeping in line with both his town and scum meta, so I don't want to jump to any conclusions too soon.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 08, 2011, 04:56:33 am »

Max:  People say stupid things and realize it later- it happens.  You said something stupid to Vector, get called on it, then come this post you start pretending it never happened.  Why did you just ignore it rather than giving it some sort of conclusion?
Sorry what? Could you clarify? My post before that says I will drop the issue until I have something more, and I dropped it.
This is incredibly lazy.  Waiting on someone else's theoretical nightgame to cover your lack of daygame is a pathetic joke.  If you want him scum hunted, do it yourself rather than casting suspicions on him then ignoring it yourself.
I guess your right. Sorry, I just need to get out of a rut I'm stuck in, and haven't felt like debating lately. Just give me a day or two to slap myself out of my emo state. I'll read over the thread again, who knows what I might find...
Don't worry, I'll find my head.

What are you claiming I said?
Just that my insane speculation would achieve nothing. You also said I was being a douche or something like that, can't exactly remember, but it was something about me playing wrong.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 08, 2011, 08:00:51 am »

Max:  So you did.  My bad.

At least you acknowledge it's a problem.  I'll be waiting for some content, then.

DariushHere is my condensed case against him.  If you want more, find it yourself.

That post of yours had zero content.  Are you counting yourself in those lurkers?  You should be, as all you did was ask for people to do your work for you and then make a completely banal statement about Kilakan that takes zero stand whatsoever, setting you up to look okay no matter which way he flips.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 08, 2011, 10:06:06 am »

I didn't pretend it had any content. There are four five people (Jake, Crown, Pandar, Joshua and Solifuge) absent and one asking for replacement. We can't progress anywhere like this, so I thought I could for once stop, collect my thoughts and get up to date on kilakan's case.

kilakan, you exchanged a very lengthy argument with Max, arguing with every single of his statements. Then you suddenly shake off every single... line of attack, so to say, and declare that it was a pressure vote. If it was, why did you feel the need to be so thorough?

Now, about lurkers... Solifuge - eternal lurking while posting elsewhere on the forum, copying other people's votes, general uselessness. Joshua - eternal lurking while posting elsewhere on the forum, sitting on his RVS vote, general uselessness. Uhh... whatever, let's go with Solifuge for now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 08, 2011, 10:53:25 am »

Meph, does posting in the quicktopics you hand out count for participation in the game, assuming complete lack of participation in the main thread?

No, I no longer allow people to 'participate' in either QuickTopic or PM and have it count. Too much lurking that way.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 08, 2011, 11:35:49 am »

Dariush:
Now, about lurkers... Solifuge - eternal lurking while posting elsewhere on the forum, copying other people's votes, general uselessness. Joshua - eternal lurking while posting elsewhere on the forum, sitting on his RVS vote, general uselessness. Uhh... whatever, let's go with Solifuge for now.

Seriously?  You give this as your reason to tie up the game nine hours from the deadline?

Spoiler: Unofficial Vote Count (click to show/hide)

Meph:  Vote count, please?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 08, 2011, 11:44:31 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
Dariush: JoshuaFH
kilakan: CrownOfFire, lordnincompoop, Max White, Solifuge, Toaster
Max White: Pandarsenic
Solifuge: Dariush, Jim Groovester, kilakan, Leafsnail, Vector
Vector: Jokerman-EXE

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today
Come play Mafia with us!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 08, 2011, 01:09:57 pm »

Mod, wouldn't it be prudent to forcibly replace Solifuge and possibly Joshua and Pandar about now? The first, for example, has made it clear that he doesn't want to play the game, so leaving him around like this doesn't seem very sensible.

I didn't pretend it had any content. There are four five people (Jake, Crown, Pandar, Joshua and Solifuge) absent and one asking for replacement. We can't progress anywhere like this, so I thought I could for once stop, collect my thoughts and get up to date on kilakan's case.

kilakan, you exchanged a very lengthy argument with Max, arguing with every single of his statements. Then you suddenly shake off every single... line of attack, so to say, and declare that it was a pressure vote. If it was, why did you feel the need to be so thorough?

So, you've got a question posed to somebody who in all likelihood won't reply, and the statement "lurkers gonna lurk". My, you've been productive, haven't you?

Max White: What made you want to switch votes initially from kilakan to Solifuge? When you did, you listed the exact same reason you chose not to vote on previously. That, to me, sounds very wrong.

And then, you re-vote kilakan because... Lurking isn't good enough? What? Why did you even switch in the first place?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 08, 2011, 03:46:07 pm »

Not going to have a chance to read the thread and vote before the day is up. I Abstain. I don't feel comfortable skimming a page, and voting based on that.

Sorry Meph, and other players. If nothing else, I hope my absence has been useful in drawing the attention of scum, and/or helping hunters thereof. I should be up and running Day 2, since I'll have a week's schedule laid out long enough in advance.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 08, 2011, 03:47:45 pm »

. . .

Soli, you're about to be lynched.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 08, 2011, 03:59:42 pm »

Not going to have a chance to read the thread and vote before the day is up. I Abstain. I don't feel comfortable skimming a page, and voting based on that.

Sorry Meph, and other players. If nothing else, I hope my absence has been useful in drawing the attention of scum, and/or helping hunters thereof. I should be up and running Day 2, since I'll have a week's schedule laid out long enough in advance.

God damn. Honestly, this kind of absence disturbs games.

If you can't participate actively, the best course of action is to ask for a replace. I strongly suggest you do that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 08, 2011, 04:04:53 pm »

If nothing else, I hope my absence has been useful in drawing the attention of scum, and/or helping hunters thereof.

Nope.

Lurking is not a viable scumhunting strategy.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 70