Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39

Author Topic: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Pyrrhic Victory: 1/14]  (Read 75454 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Witches' Coven: Through the Fog and Filthy Air [Day 3: 6/14]
« Reply #390 on: August 31, 2011, 03:16:05 am »

Okay, I admit to taking the most bullshit way out of this.

There are two confirmed scum - Jim and Urist. Jim is far too experienced to be caught like this, but Urist is relatively new. I went through the thread and scanned his interactions with other people.

Irony, you're the only who didn't interact with Urist in the entire game whatsoever. Next comes Toaster who only questioned him but wasn't questioned in response. In the same line of reasoning, I'm certain that both Think and Simple are town. So yeah.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 31, 2011, 10:35:28 am »

I agree, you are bullshitting.

It's massclaim time, folks!

I'm not a merchant: I'm an Inquisitor who is basically a flavor cop.  I can investigate three times a night, split among up to three players however I like.  The more times I investigate someone, the more information I get.

N0 I investigated Pandar once and Jim twice.  Pandar owns a small house and farm out on the outskirts, and he had a note with the address of a jeweler's shop in his window.  Jim is the son of the landlord, who has lots of land and money.  I looked in his window and saw a pair of iron boots.

Pandar's was pretty inconclusive, and I assumed that Jim was some type of knight- his father had money and land, so I assumed minor nobility.  Iron boots backed up that idea.  I assumed that knight was a town-type role, so I dropped a hint to Jim in my opening post:

Jim:  Assuming you were a cop:  Would you instantly claim a scum result under any circumstance?  If you had a town result on someone who was headed for a lynch, would you be their knight in shining armor and claim to save them?

I tried to indicate to him that I (thought I) knew his role and was some type of cop.  I got no response to it, so dropped the matter.

N1 I investigated Vector once (since her flavor seemed somewhat witchy) and Simple twice (who I didn't trust).  Vector's flavor was pretty miller-like, but just as she claimed- lots of books and a broom in the corner.

Simple was far more interesting.  His quarters at the inn was pretty bare- just basic furniture.  Looking in a closet, I found rags that smelled like gin and beer, and lots of mismatched socks.  Very odd.

N2 I did one each of Jim, Dariush, and Simple.  Jim because I was curious about those boots and whoever was doing the stomping, Dariush because I was starting to suspect him, and Simple to get more information.

Checking Jim's house, the boots were still there.  They're too big for him and too small for his father, and the room smelled like someone who had been outside a lot. Clearly, Jim was Captain Stompy.

Simple's room only turned up a bottle of pricy whiskey under the bed, and inn ledgers.  I'm not sure what's going on completely, but it's very unusual.

Dariush, however, was very enlightening.  According to the town records, he is not a citizen, does not own a home in the town, and is not renting a room in the inn.

Dariush, why are you lying to us?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 31, 2011, 11:13:35 am »

Well after rereading i belive that Flandre should tell us what witches unleashed upon the town. Or rather how it comes she always followed Jim lead

I'm still not sure what happened tonight but maybe the chalk&blood circles are some kind of protection ? And the smoke and glow is probably witch identifier ? I'm confused anyway so i wait for some more sensible explanation.

Toaster: Yeah i believe it's good time to claim. I dadly don't have anything spectacular to reveal since i'm standard villager. Not sure why you think the things you found are unusual, i just like to drink and i have my special resverve of good alcochol. If you remember urist used an example of doctor liking scotch which made me curious, it's one of the reasons why i pushed him hard about the flavor cop back then, it sounded strangely in place. Looks like i was gravely mistaken. I do the clothes cleaning by myself so you could found clothes before i cleaned them and the ledgers are pretty obvious find since i'm inn owner.

Dariush: Toaster claim brings new light on your "tavern" claim... I want to hear details of it. Also why you outright assumed Jim won't leave any traces ?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 31, 2011, 11:30:13 am »

Oh well, unless deaths of Jim and Urist prevented at least one of the NKs from happening, it is LYLO, so I may as well tell the truth.

I lied. I'm actually a mercenary, who was hired by a powerful wizard from the capital to track a bracelet stolen from him. I tracked it to the trade caravan which headed to this village and approached through woods. Here, I was able to search one house per night in search of the heirloom. N1 I searched Irony, who lives not even in a house, but in a room (that is the entirety of the info). N2 I searched Vector, who lives in a small, untidy house at the center of the town. N3 I searched Toaster, who also lives 'not in a house, but rather in a room', which turned out to be 'rather sparce' and was sleeping in the armchair by the window. None had the artifact. I didn't claim at once because my employer warned that attracting the attention of the witches to myself would be unwise, since he had some kind of connection to them, and I decided not to risk.

PPE: I thought that Jim wouldn't leave any traces because I'm absolutely sure that a player doesn't get that experienced without learning to hide them. Duh.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 31, 2011, 11:31:09 am »

EBWODP:
which headed to this village and I approached through woods.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 31, 2011, 12:31:49 pm »

Interesting claim.

Where do you sleep at night?  Can you explicitly state your wincon?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 31, 2011, 12:58:37 pm »

Interesting claim.

At N0, I slept in a barn, but planned to rent a room. Apparently, I somehow forgot about it and continued returning to the barn the following nights. My wincon is finding the bracelet.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 31, 2011, 12:59:07 pm »

Hmm, if pandar got some note about jeweler's shop he could be after the same thing ? Do you know what the bracelet is supposed to do ? (I assume it's magical thingy)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 31, 2011, 01:01:37 pm »

What happens if the holder dies?  If you find it while searching, do you just take it and leave or do you kill the person who had it?

Do you have any abilities besides searching a target?

Simple:  My guess is that Nuke had something Pandar wanted, and he jacked it after NUKE died.  I don't see it as particularly relevant now.

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 31, 2011, 01:02:40 pm »

Interesting claim.

At N0, I slept in a barn, but planned to rent a room. Apparently, I somehow forgot about it and continued returning to the barn the following nights. My wincon is finding the bracelet.
Ooh so you could be the lone stranger in opening  ?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 31, 2011, 01:14:50 pm »

It was said to be powerful and had something to do with 'release of the souls' and mentioned a golem, but at this point the wizard stopped and showed me out, muttering something about 'telling too much'.

PPE (not that it matters that it is PPE, but whatever):

What happens if the holder dies?
The bracelet is destroyed, thus rendering my quest unwinnable (though it isn't specified whether or not I'll be aware of it).
If you find it while searching, do you just take it and leave or do you kill the person who had it?
I 'am famed for my clean work', so I assume I just take it.
Do you have any abilities besides searching a target?
No.
Ooh so you could be the lone stranger in opening  ?
Uh, what are you talking about? I don't see any mention of any lone strangers.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 31, 2011, 02:47:57 pm »

Hi. I'm the Medium, and the witches have lost. I was a Medium, Jim was Lovers with Flandre, and Urist had a one-shot revive only usable on non-witch. They do not have a kill: in fact, they didn't even have any reason to kill villagers at all. Here's what the scum know:

They saw Dariush leaving the scene of Vector's death.
Many people are missing from deadchat: Nuke, Max, and Bd's souls are all missing, presumably taken by someone.
We were here to observe something important, still don't know what. Hopefully Dariush's death will tell more.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:49:44 pm by Think0028 »
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 31, 2011, 02:50:02 pm »

Ah fuck, tried to catch a typo.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Simple

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 31, 2011, 03:12:57 pm »

Wha......

If you want to do something like that you really should disclose FULL information you got not something like that...
Obvious questions raised :
If Jim was lover how the hell flandre still lives?
How it's possible you don't have reason to kill if your wincon clearly states that you have to do it to win ?
And how you know you lost ?
Who seen Dariush there ?
Do the exploded/smashed people in deadchat have any info ?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 31, 2011, 03:14:26 pm »

Think:  Your claim is incomplete and inconsistent.

Hi. I'm the Medium, and the witches have lost. I was a Medium,

Tense change.   You are the medium, and then you were the medium.  Which is it?

Jim was Lovers with Flandre

Then why is Flandre still alive?  The standard definition of lover is that one kills himself when the lover dies.  Does Flandre know?  Flandre, can you confirm or deny this?

They saw Dariush leaving the scene of Vector's death.

How do they know this?  Also, Dariush has claimed visiting Vector on the same night* she died.

*Dariush:  This is Day 3- did you mean N0/1/2 instead of N1/2/3?

In any case, I believe Dariush's claim.  Why?  He mentioned one thing from my flavor that proves to me he did search my room- the fact that I sleep in the chair.  It's facing the window so that I can keep an eye on things.

Unvote Dariush.

Think, however, needs to clear up his claim.  What exactly are you claiming to be?  What is your wincon?

PPE:  Think raises an excellent question about the known wincon in the OP.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39