Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 76967 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER
« Reply #675 on: August 15, 2011, 08:40:39 pm »

Wow. I was really not expecting the game to end so soon. Does this count as a flawless victory?

I sort of wish the game was a little longer. I am happy to have been right about Vector and Webadict both being town, though!
Heh, and I can also tell by reading the scumchat that I was not a favorite.

Bd, you lurker, you! At least now you can lurk to your heart's content. Also, we should have listened to Twiggie when he mentioned that statistic with his smarmy vote.

Also, I could also accept some criticism. Was I okay?

Also, I was a Doctor. McArathos, you were under my protection for N1.
<fist pump>
Yes, yes. I was willing to eat my shoe, I was so sure that Webadict was town. His suggestion to protect you did not go unnoticed.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: August 15, 2011, 08:59:14 pm »

I have very. . . .complicated feelings about mafia. At some points it was very stressful and just not fun at all, (like when Simple was making inane accusations, but i think that was mainly a bit of a language barrier.) At least I was right about my main suspect! And on my first game too! I think that my biggest flaw was not reading and analysing carefully enough. I was actually typing the entire game down onto a computer with no internet connection just to keep up, since phone net is so hard to use. After I stepped out and became just an observer, the game became much clearer. Am I accurate in my self evaluation?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 15, 2011, 09:01:14 pm »

Wow. I was really not expecting the game to end so soon. Does this count as a flawless victory?

I sort of wish the game was a little longer. I am happy to have been right about Vector and Webadict both being town, though!
Heh, and I can also tell by reading the scumchat that I was not a favorite.

Bd, you lurker, you! At least now you can lurk to your heart's content. Also, we should have listened to Twiggie when he mentioned that statistic with his smarmy vote.

Also, I could also accept some criticism. Was I okay?

Also, I was a Doctor. McArathos, you were under my protection for N1.
<fist pump>
Yes, yes. I was willing to eat my shoe, I was so sure that Webadict was town. His suggestion to protect you did not go unnoticed.
Rightfully so. I was hoping to draw the kill to me, anyhow, as that would allow me to avoid a lynch the next Day. Also, I wanted to save a potential power role from dying, which is why I mega crumbed as every possible power role.

I have very. . . .complicated feelings about mafia. At some points it was very stressful and just not fun at all, (like when Simple was making inane accusations, but i think that was mainly a bit of a language barrier.) At least I was right about my main suspect! And on my first game too! I think that my biggest flaw was not reading and analysing carefully enough. I was actually typing the entire game down onto a computer with no internet connection just to keep up, since phone net is so hard to use. After I stepped out and became just an observer, the game became much clearer. Am I accurate in my self evaluation?
That's how it goes, usually. You're not biased from internal conversation geared toward you.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 15, 2011, 09:07:31 pm »

I am guilty of having sub-par internet connection myself. If my post was brief, than there was a good chance that it was typed on my phone. Otherwise, this game was played over my shoddy one bar of 3g connection, transmitted over my phone via wi-fi, from my laptop.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 15, 2011, 09:12:01 pm »

Sorry about the relentless arguing there, Webadict.  No hard feelings, I hope?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 15, 2011, 09:12:05 pm »

I only had 3 to 5 posts in the entire game, and the rest was from a phone. And you cant quote on a phone, and colors dont show up so you dont know votes until the mod makes a votecount. Anyways, ICs, do you think that I was accurate in my evaluation?

Urist Mcinternetuser

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthulhu, the scariest Forgotten Beast of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 15, 2011, 09:20:48 pm »

I did not do well at all, but I would be willing to try this game again sometime.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 15, 2011, 09:23:50 pm »

I'm going to be pushing for at least another game in sign ups in the next 24 hours, so you can sign up for that Urist. Going a long time without a game isn't productive.

Webba, you up for scum IC? As I recall, your last chance was cut short, and it looked like you were enjoying it. Don't want LNCP to always have the fun role.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 15, 2011, 09:31:02 pm »

I am most definatly going to follow the next game, but Im not going to join. I want to really just be a spectator to get a good feel for how the game is played and what kind of questions others start off with. I know that many will say "but you'll get more experience by playing!tm" but trust me, I will learn much better just from watching.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 15, 2011, 09:32:21 pm »

I will be joining this upcoming game, most definitely.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 15, 2011, 09:33:56 pm »

There are plenty of archived games. Reading through one of those is like watching a game as it unfolds.

... Actually, I can't think of any differences at all. (doesn't mean there aren't any, of course)
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 15, 2011, 09:34:18 pm »

Any practical differences, at least.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 15, 2011, 09:34:48 pm »

I'll start making a pre-sign up list, starting with you Dr Flandre. As I recall there were also some people wanting to join the next game in the intro thread, so once we have the next game in sign ups I will PM them to see if they are still interested. In the mean time, if we can conscript Jim as an IC I will be most pleased.

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 15, 2011, 09:37:07 pm »

I'd love to be involved in the next game as well.
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 15, 2011, 09:40:20 pm »

I'd love to be involved in the next game as well.
Wonderful! It was a pleasure playing with you this game, Urist. I am thoroughly excited! And thank you for adding me to your list as well, Max.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 49