Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 49

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER  (Read 76957 times)

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 5/7, 3/3 - D2 - Wuba Dub Dead
« Reply #660 on: August 15, 2011, 04:04:37 pm »

From what I gathered, you were saying, hypothetically, that the only way he could make things WORSE for town than they are now is if he was a power role and got himself NKed.  You then made it clear that you did NOT want him to comment on it, because it was a hypothetical scenario and not a rolefish.  In other words, he already IS hurting town as much as he possibly can, so he needs to start doing SOMETHING, because literally any course of action will be better.

Simple's first question, to me, appears to be "What did BD just do to catch your attention, and not in a good way?"

His second one seems to be saying that your statement:

Well, I can imagine one scenario. If you're a power role (and I'm going to request that you NOT comment on this possibility in any way), you might accidentally reveal yourself and get nightkilled, thus depriving the town of your ability. But you know what? You can't be a very good power role if you have no idea what's going on, and I've learned from this very game that it's a lot easier to tell what's going on if you're actively participating.

Is a roundabout rolefish in his eyes.  He thinks you dismissing the possibility that he's a power role is designed purely to get him to claim a role; if it isn't why did you state that he can't be very good at playing a power role?

At least, that's what I've managed to get from all this.

Okay, well, assuming you're understanding Simple correctly...

The thing BD did to catch my attention was, uh, this post. The one I was calling "one of the shittiest responses I have ever seen".
Im Sorry
I Thought That Was Obvious

</gratuitous homestuck reference>

I only brought up the possibility of Bd being a power role because it was the only way I could imagine for him to "screw town over by accident" by posting. I dismissed it for two reasons:
1. It's statistically unlikely for any given person to be a power role, and whether or not Bd is one is not something I need or want to look into.
2. I think Bd is scum, which would kinda contradict his being a power role.

As for the second question, yet again, I've said something that can be interpreted in more than one way, and in accordance with Finagle's Law, it was interpreted in the way I didn't mean.

The phrase
You can't be a very good power role if you have no idea what's going on
is not meant to accuse Bd of being a shitty power role.

It was meant to convey something along the lines of "a power role needs to know what is going on in order to be useful", and was an extension of the hypothetical situation where Bd is actually capable of screwing town over by accident.

... Did I miss anything? I feel like I missed something.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 15, 2011, 04:49:07 pm »

Flandre:
IronyOwl: From those of us remaining, what is the order that you suspect us, and what is your reasoning?
I just now noticed that I missed this... and that you never mentioned it again. Didn't you care? You've asked Bd about his questions repeatedly.
I forgot that I asked. I suppose I am more at fault for forgetting the question than you are for overlooking it, but I do care.
I will forgo asking for a complete list, but who are your secondary and tertiary suspects, IronyOwl?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 15, 2011, 08:09:28 pm »

The Day is Over!

billybobfred, Urist_McArathos, and Flandre surround the quiet Bdthemag. "What's the matter, traitor? Nothing to say for yourself?" "Foul magics got your tongue, Bd?" "Give us one good reason to not kill you right here and now."

Bd stands there, staring into the distance, mumbling.

billybobfred moves in closer, straining to hear Bd's quiet words... as Bd erupts into the form of a giant demon!

Flandre draws a holy symbol from a hidden pocket, shouting out holy words of power that momentarily stun the Bdemon. "Hold him off! I can banish the evil forces that possess him, but I need time! (It seems Flandre was a Cleric, acting to protect the soldiers in the keep.)

Vector and IronyOwl, the two most veteran guards in the keep, move to fight the Bdemon. Together, they poke, prod, and parry the Bdemon, ducking to avoid the monster's powerful swipes. It seems they have the advantage, and may even be able to defeat it without Flandre's help, when all of a sudden it lets forth a powerful roar that knocks the two off their feet. The creature rushes, poised to rip out Flandre's throat...

when Simple, brave Simple, leaps in front of the demon, taking a terrible gash along his arms in the process. But it is enough, and from Flandre's holy symbol pours forth a glorious golden light.

The beast is gone. All is safe once again. The Keep on the Borderlands has stood strong.

Bdthemag, Mafia, has been lynched!

The Town has won!

Scumchat
Deadchat

If you'd like to ask any of the three IC's about your performance, now is the time!
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXV 4/7, 3/3 - Evening 2 - A Pillar of Light - GAME OVER
« Reply #663 on: August 15, 2011, 08:16:37 pm »

Wow. I was really not expecting the game to end so soon. Does this count as a flawless victory?

Also, I was a Doctor. McArathos, you were under my protection for N1.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 15, 2011, 08:17:21 pm »

FLAWLESS VICTORY FOR TOWN!!!
Nice work guys! Good game all around! I was very impressed with all our new players, and I'm going to give a special mention to firstly Jc, who at one point had two IC's on him, and still didn't loose he's cool while making a very good assessment of the game. Also Urist_McArathos, who realy kicked into gear when things were going slow.

Despite the loss, I think scum also did a good job. Getting two IC's ripping each other apart isn't easy, and they did very well to have Vector willing to lynch herself. Kudos to all involved!

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 15, 2011, 08:18:47 pm »

Quote from: LNCP
And BDthemag, if you lurk again like you've done recently (you know what I'm taking about), I'm going to savage you horribly and eat your guts for brunch.

ahahahahahaha

LNCP saw this coming from the very beginning
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: August 15, 2011, 08:19:02 pm »

Fuck, I forgot to extend this.  I'm a total moron.

But yes.  Well done to everyone, and I apologize for my crappy play in this game.  I probably won't be signing up to IC again.

I'll add, though, that this is the best BM we've ever had on record.  I'll probably be putting it in the Notable Games Archive!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 15, 2011, 08:19:33 pm »

Almost-flawless. You could've blocked the kill N1, THEN that would've been flawless. Assuming you could get Webadict and Vector not to kill each other.

scriver->kilakan->Mcinternetuser was a Roleblocker, and Flandre was a Doctor. These were the only power roles. I'll post the PMs if anyone's curious.

PPE: GODDAMNIT PEOPLE STOP POSTING WHILE I'M TRYING TO POST
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 15, 2011, 08:21:04 pm »

Almost-flawless. You could've blocked the kill N1, THEN that would've been flawless. Assuming you could get Webadict and Vector not to kill each other.
Good point, still, only scum lynches is close enough to flawless. But still, who in their right mind would be protecting Webba?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 15, 2011, 08:25:02 pm »

Yeah, if Webadict hadn't been NK'd, I don't think we would have pulled the D2 lynch.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 15, 2011, 08:26:25 pm »

On a side note; Being IC is awesome fun! Can I help out who ever takes the next one?

That reminds me, Think and I had business...

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 15, 2011, 08:31:11 pm »

If you'd like to ask any of the three IC's about your performance, now is the time!

So uh...how'd I do?
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 15, 2011, 08:33:04 pm »

I may as well also ask the ICs how I did. o.o

Urist_McArathos

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody enjoys a good laugh more than I do.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 15, 2011, 08:36:55 pm »

Wow. I was really not expecting the game to end so soon. Does this count as a flawless victory?

Also, I was a Doctor. McArathos, you were under my protection for N1.
<fist pump>
Current Community/Story Projects:
On the Nature of Dwarves

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 15, 2011, 08:39:02 pm »

Remember kids, we will have a new beginner's game up soon. If you think you can still improve then feel free to sign up. Also, did somebody say Jesters?
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 49